Sony Xperia 5 II

Sony Xperia 5 II

Tann Hauser, 19 Sep 2020Yes, its a descriptior of the device, not the nominator. F... more5inch is too small for 2020. Xperia 5ii has compact design because of its dimensions. Yes it's tall, but very thin and narrow. Trust me u can hold it easily using one hand.

AhmedHNY, 18 Sep 2020- There's no notch or punch hole on the display - 120... moreI completely agree

• AbM

confirm UFS 3.1 storage?

• pan

Hanif Fikri, 19 Sep 2020Flagship smartphone used to be around 400$(Iphone 4 and 5, ... moreever heard of inflation?
are these phones better than modern phones costing the same? if they are, you should keep those old phones...
i still keep old phones, some of them works better than modern ones except for "software updates and support"...
my nokia 909 is one, im still not convinced to let it go...
im on the process of replacing z1 compact with xz2 compact...
perhaps you can buy old flagships, like 2-3 years old and enjoy powerful phone for a couple of years, depending on how you handle it, but you are losing software updates and support if that is your thing...
or you can buy midrangers from manufacturers which gives decent handsets that can last longer...
in the end buy what you can afford and does the job...

Dominique, 19 Sep 2020Good quality can't be cheap and cheap can't be go... moreFlagship smartphone used to be around 400$(Iphone 4 and 5, Huawei P10, Xperia XZ, Galaxy S6. But now its around 1000$ is good price wow u guys so rich :(

gringo, 19 Sep 2020perfect specs ... but very expensive ! i prefer a redmi k3... moreGood quality can't be cheap and cheap can't be good quality.

Shui8, 19 Sep 2020https://youtu.be/tKeMCXx_bc0 - 0:06. Sony literally high... moreYes, its a descriptior of the device, not the nominator.
Funny that, in todays world of 7 inch phones, or rather tablets with phone capability, they put a compact descriptor for such a device.
Here I am holding the 5 inch 5 yr old flag model in the hand, which was standard flag size then, and now is even smaller than what today is described as a compact model.

Tann Hauser, 18 Sep 2020Sony never advertised or named it as a compact, neither did... morehttps://youtu.be/tKeMCXx_bc0 - 0:06.

Sony literally highlights the word 'Compact'.

But yeah I'm not agree with that other guy. This 5ii is still a flagship compact smartphone for me (68mm width). Especially in 2020, where all the gigantic phone emerge.

1080p@ 960fps ?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

• gringo

perfect specs ... but very expensive !
i prefer a redmi k30 pro ... with half price !

• dedoyxp

I just hope linus review sony phone again already... they could review the fkin camera or just telling people that there are still phone that doesnt have notch or punch hole without any gimmicky rotate or in screen selfie

MRDA, 18 Sep 2020I was excited when I read the specs and saw it was a "... moreSony never advertised or named it as a compact, neither did they xperia 5 I, they just used the term "more compact body flagship".

Reviewers caught up to the compact narrative themselves.
Its not a successor to Compact series, but to proper XZ series.

Anonymous, 18 Sep 2020maybe the xperia 10II would be good buy for uConsidered it... lacks front stereospeakers and flag camera.
I ll buy 5 II.
I have the buck, tho will be hard on the brain to part with that sum.

But I need new smartphone, and only Xperia 5 II kicks all the buttons I want, even tho over the top for my needs in some aspects.
Im certain I ll enjoy it for the next 4 yrs hassle free tho.

• Rishabh

miky, 18 Sep 2020I am not sure, but my first guess is that it may be because... moreI read few articles and everywhere it is written that batteries degrading due to wireless charging is a myth. I am not quite sure about the same as I have never used wireless charging. But looking forward to buy a new phone with this. Functionality

MRDA, 18 Sep 2020I was excited when I read the specs and saw it was a "... moreIts all about perspectives
in 2020 any phone under 16cm in length can be considered "compact"

Xperia 5ii (2020) = $950

Iphone X (2017) = $999

And ppl complain about price

Chano, 18 Sep 2020where is the wireless charger??? 🤬At Sony stores, waiting to be used with XZ2/XZ3 and 1ii ....

• Amitangshu

Too bad they pulled out of the Indian market. Otherwise there would have been some more healthy competition between companies and we would have got better phones for more optimal prices.

• Chano

where is the wireless charger??? 🤬

Big boy, 18 Sep 2020Just don't understand the logic of sony -- no dedicate... moreIt can use micro sd card.