Sony Xperia 5 III

Sony Xperia 5 III

• Ami
  • tZ4
  • 15 Nov 2022

Super Dave 01, 12 Nov 2022Even though my Xperia XZ2 is still goin strong I couldn... moreHow many screen on time normally u get. I just get from 90% to 5% almost 5 hours only. Mine not so good battery life on android 12

Dan, 13 Nov 2022Where is it being sold for 400 CAD??Small electronics store had it listed on kijiji... Still sealed in a box... The add had only been up for about 30 minutes... I get notified for new listings...

• D
      • Dan
      • 0@a
      • 13 Nov 2022

Super Dave 01, 12 Nov 2022Even though my Xperia XZ2 is still goin strong I couldn... moreWhere is it being sold for 400 CAD??

Even though my Xperia XZ2 is still goin strong I couldn't resist the $400 Cad price tag (usually $1000 Cad) ! I got the XQ-BQ72 model ! Build quality and size is excellent especially the 21:9 screen ratio. Phone fits perfectly in my hand and it's 30grams lighter then my XZ2 ! Movies look great actually everything looks great on the display ! The audio is really good to ! Running Android 12 with no sluggishness what so ever. Haven't tried 120Hz yet as I see no need right now ! Really good battery life to with no overheating ! Been playing around with the camera the last few days and so far so good ! The only downside is not many good quality shockproof cases to choose from (still👀lookin for an Otterbox) so I haven't taken the phone outside for some video testing ! Conclusion, Excellent all round phone and I'd suggest this phone over the Xperia 5 iv anyday especially if you find a great deal like I did ! 😁👍...

Alpha, 05 Oct 2022No thank you, we Sony fans like the 21:9 ratio..True, watching YouTube premium with ultra wide video I'd much better than the usual ratio

• 05 Oct 2022

Anonymous, 27 Jul 2022The specs are amazing, camera is amazing and the size is pe... moreNo thank you, we Sony fans like the 21:9 ratio..

• 05 Oct 2022

Anonymous, 17 Aug 2022Do not get a sony phone Their warranty for these very exp... moreOh wow 2 complaints, never heard from any other Sony customer. Bravo...

• 05 Oct 2022

Mugen, 22 Aug 2022Get the S22 Far better screen, much better cameras, better... moreYou mean the Samsung has old screen tech, Ugly UI, Screen with a punchole, tiny battery, heats up more than the Xperia, no SD slot or 3.5mm jack! Weird 20:9 ratio...

Mugen, 22 Aug 2022Get the S22 Far better screen, much better cameras, better... more"Not built well at all"
                  Not my experience, which is that they seem to refuse to die.

• I@H
                    • 23 Sep 2022

takeda, 12 Sep 2022Got this phone early this year. I absolutely love it. It ha... morefunny how this phone becomes more ideal than its successor, especially to those who like farther telephoto, but does not care about wireless charging...

• vxm
                      • 16 Sep 2022

takeda, 12 Sep 2022Got this phone early this year. I absolutely love it. It ha... moreDont forget the venerable "Notification LED" that only Sony yes only Sony has it.

• t
                        • takeda
                        • 0c1
                        • 12 Sep 2022

Got this phone early this year. I absolutely love it. It has most of the things I'm missing from most phones, especially:
                        - phone jack
                        - sd card
                        - root friendly (unfortunately wish it was more popular, but there's still Magisk for it)

Things that I didn't know I need:
                        - smart battery management to increase its life
                        - tool-less SIM replacement
                        - fingerprint reader on the side on the power button
                        - dedicated button for camera
                        - different aspect ratio that now makes other phones look weird to me
                        - great picture quality

Chris T., 04 Sep 2022Just sold my Xperia 5 Ii and thinking of getting this one, ... moreMine lasts a day+ from 90% battery, no overheating in general use cases. I should mention it drains battery fast during GPS navigation (faster than iPhone).
                          Only scenario of overheating was filming under sun in +40C. But I never play heavy games, for me it gets warm only during updating 30 apps from Play store.

• Chris T.
                            • mZx
                            • 04 Sep 2022

Just sold my Xperia 5 Ii and thinking of getting this one, does it overheat that much and how is battery life? Thanks

• G
                              • Gino
                              • 78I
                              • 01 Sep 2022

Mugen, 22 Aug 2022Get the S22 Far better screen, much better cameras, better... moreThe S22 Ultra, maybe. If you think the regular S22 is any good compared to Sony you must be quite the comedian.

• swf
                                • 31 Aug 2022

Mugen, 22 Aug 2022Get the S22 Far better screen, much better cameras, better... moreI don't know if I've ever read a more misleading comment than this.

• mHn
                                  • 27 Aug 2022

Anonymous, 17 Aug 2022Do not get a sony phone Their warranty for these very exp... moreMy pixel 3a got water damaged، have it to ee store to send to Google, even if I'd pay since my warranty expired around then, they didn't fix it , if you want a Google get it through a store like Currys so they manage the warranty

• IWP
                                    • 26 Aug 2022

Anonymous, 17 Aug 2022Do not get a sony phone Their warranty for these very exp... moreYou should exclude Samsung as well. My S9 and S20 both experience motherboard failure and Samsung didn't want to replace it under warranty, they said it would cost $450-500 just to replace the motherboard.

• T
                                      • T-bone
                                      • SpI
                                      • 22 Aug 2022

Anonymous, 17 Aug 2022Do not get a sony phone Their warranty for these very exp... moreBtw y'all - anyone that bought their phones (or other electronics) using a credit card will have an additional extended warranty from the card itself (Visa, MasterCard, and Amex all do it, and perhaps some others too, at least in the US of A). If you're paying for your phone on a monthly plan from your provider, it may have complicated it somewhat, since you're effectively paying back a loan (and I know that in the UK, the phone hardware payments have to paid via Direct Debit from your bank, since it's illegal for them to set you up to pay of debt with other debt). Anyway, it's a good thing to know, because it could save you some money in the long-run!

• M
                                        • Mugen
                                        • Fvc
                                        • 22 Aug 2022

Hills od, 20 Aug 2022How great or terrible is this device or should i go for Sam... moreGet the S22
                                        Far better screen, much better cameras, better overall software experience and 4 years software servicing vs 2.
                                        The hardware on Sony phones might looking appealing, but they are not built well at all.
                                        You're looked after better as a customer from the bigger companies (Samsung, apple, google etc) - I know it's attractive sometimes to go for a more edgy off market option, but trust me, not worth the long term hassle.