Sony Xperia L3

Sony Xperia L3

• Adul Al Salami Kebab

joe nodden, 03 Nov 2019How is changing two tiny little aspects making it better in every way.18 by 9 is also a thing here... O3O

Adul Al Salami Kebab, 01 Nov 2019I dunno it looks better in mostly every way, no longer uses a ob... moreHow is changing two tiny little aspects making it better in every way.

• Adul Al Salami Kebab

joe nodden, 17 Oct 2019Bruh look at how little it's changed since the L2. I dunno it looks better in mostly every way, no longer uses a obsolete 28nm quad-core... No longer overheating! That is a plus to. V-V

Adul Al Salami Kebab, 15 Oct 2019I fail to see the lack of innovation with this product... X-XBruh look at how little it's changed since the L2.

• Ania

Keith m, 30 Aug 2019Hi what do you mean by unusual... Because I thought I was imagin... moreLoL.maybe your battery is growing:)

• Adul Al Salami Kebab

joe nodden, 13 Oct 2019Wow Sony really doesn't like innovation now do they. I fail to see the lack of innovation with this product... X-X

Wow Sony really doesn't like innovation now do they.

TornButWhole, 12 Aug 2019I have moved from my very worn out Xperia Z3+ to a half the pric... moreYou can't blame how bad is the Snapdragon 810, the defective chipset design, but i guess you don't look for X series especially XA series which one level below the XZ but one level above L series, mostly if you didn't given major upgrade, 2 years of monthly security update is a MUST for all smartphone vendor from Google

• Keith m

Jimbo, 12 Jul 2019I have an unusual one. Can anyone post or send me a screenshot ... moreHi what do you mean by unusual... Because I thought I was imagining... Let me explain

Bot my wife and I bought the same fones L3 but for some odd reason my phone seems to be a little thicker then her phone....

Highly puzzled

• TornButWhole

I have moved from my very worn out Xperia Z3+ to a half the price alternative L3.
So I have been there with the high spec phone and I must say, I am very happy with the L3.
Even when my Z3+ was new with its 4K capabilities, it overheating constant so apps crashed, camera was high res but slow to operate, battery was very poor from the beginning.
I did not need all that fancy stuff which didn't work anyway.
L3's performance is nearly the same as the Z3+.....when I put a ice pack on the Z3+/
L3 out in the open, out performs the Z3+. All down to the CPU. I am very familiar with mediatek, they have excellent CPU's.
I hope Sony release Android 9 for this phone. Still receiving security updates, but for how long, I don't know as this is not a flagship phone. Should be!

• Adul Al Salami Kebab

Anonymous, 25 Jul 2019Sony Xperia l3But zis is da L3, the L4 may launch 2020? HYPE! ^w^

Out of the box Sony L3: The sim card/micro-sd tray is an all-in-one delicate plastic pull out and care needs to be taken not to damage it. It is not easily pulled out. The switch on button might take a little time to find, as there is not a sliver centre button obvious with previous Experia phones. Sony have not put their brand name "SONY" at the top of the phone, thus you might take a while to know which end is up. There appears to be no airplane mode and no master or global silence mode; the ring, notifications and media seem to have their own individual volume buttons. There are limited ring tones available — perhaps too limited for some people. More tones are given to messaging tones for some reason.

Switching off money consuming data switch on the software can take a little time to find and it is advisable to switch it off immediately as the phone will download quite a bit in app updates as all phone do, but it can be a money drainer. It is important that this button is found. Out of bundle data is a rip-off. The button is switched "on" by default. Better to use your home Wifi for updates, but this is up to the individual user to decide what is best. The messaging box is good overall, but adding sound files may take a while as there appears to be no add sound symbol. Though updates may alter this and many other features of the phone.

The calendar is nice and not bland like previous Experia, lots of options. The FM radio has a strong signal and tried very hard to pick up weaker signals. Many Apple phones have no radio hardware in them at all, unless you by the very expensive ones. It takes a while for the processor to pick up a bit of speed with The L3 when apps and features start moving much faster with the 3GB ram. The phone is 4G ready according to specs. The sound quality overall is good, sharp, and crisp. The front camera is excellent — as good as it needs to be in my opinion. The fast charge function is debatable and I think a bit of a marketing gimmick by the industry overall? I see no difference with any other phone. It takes a while as we all know.

The price is good at €150 circa (big discounts available if you switch networks )and I think we all recognise that with newer cheaper phones, a little over a hundred bucks, offering advanced features, can have nasty surprises. NB: This is a just out of the box snap shot opinion of it with two days using it, though I already had a previous Experia for five years.
P.S. As with all mobile phones you have to go looking for a cover or wallet and they are getting very pricey indeed if you want the good ones.

Adul Al Salami Kebab, 15 Jul 2019I really hope L4 has a bigger battery and maybe a extra GB of RAM. V-VSony Xperia l3

I really hope L4 has a bigger battery and maybe a extra GB of RAM. V-V

I have an unusual one. Can anyone post or send me a screenshot of the In Call Screen for the L3 please ? As I said an unusual one but I have my reasons.

Oscar99, 24 Jun 2019Update: Ok update on my L3 I bought from launch what I had given... moreTheir support is excellent! Why complaining? They usually fix if not replace the whole phone.

• LeeHarvey

Volumn rocker placed at wrong place.

• Steva

From my experience ,sony's 3gb is more reliable than some other brands 6gb

• Adul Al Salami Kebab

Raj, 11 Jun 2019That one right there... That's exactly why Sony is loosing cell... moreWhy does no one get this?! It has only a 3300mAh battery Sony clearly chose a smaller screen with lower resolution to improve the battery performance, also the Helio P22 is a decent chip and power efficient to. My only issue with this phone is that they did not slap in a 3500mAh minimum and then we could have a fantastic phone! Tough I also wish it was slightly cheaper but I suspect most of the cost is due to the side mounted FP sensor and the dual-camera setup... ;)

• Adul Al Salami Kebab

Rulianto, 15 Jun 2019One of the good design from some of newest sony pnone, but lowes... moreThat is good for the battery, considering it has a 3300mAh only, sure the Helio P22 is power efficient but its still a octa-core chip! V-V