Sony Xperia M5

Sony Xperia M5

• Sage

This phone sucks. It's been in the service center for weeks because of the shutdown issue. I purchased an unusable phone with a bad service provision.

• jannie

Val , 15 Dec 2015Hi. I have had 2 previous Sony Xperia phones with no problems.. ... moreI did the reset thing,but phone still go of when to long in my pocket,took it back to cell c,they send it in for repairs,hope the problem will be fixed

Anonymous, 09 Dec 2015Bad phone! My bf's bought one and after 9 days it kept shutting ... moreMy boyfriend is having the same problem, he's thinking he might just have to buy a Samsung separately because on his plan (since everyone who has one is having no problems with theirs) but he still has to pay it off for the next two years and he only just got it maybe 2 weeks ago. Sony appears to over priced rubbish from what I've read on this phone alone.

i experienced the same thing with regards to auto shutdown.. i have to connect it wthe charger even if i knew that there is still a battrey left.. oooh sony! whats happening!

Sony will probably update the device to marshmallow in March or April. Then the auto shut down problem will be solved.

• Neeraj

I am perches sony m5 dual in nov. month and not any extra 3rd party app.when I am using this mobile.my mobile switch off in day 4 to 5 times. I am contact in sony CC they told me use safe mode. I am use safe mode again same issue. I am try switch on but device not switch on.when I am connect chager that time device switch ON...I am, not happy with this sony M5

jpm, 13 Nov 2015Just got my replacement unit from Sony Philippines. I'll test th... morei'm also from Philippines.. pls. update if the issue is fixed. also, is it possible to request a refund?

• jay

It does the auto shut down!!! M5 sucks.. what should i do??

• arvindnadar0327@gmai

Is it really good cell Phone?

How do I turn on the phone without connecting to the charging cable? when the phone turns itself off?

• tamas87

Hello what to do if the phone is turned off himself? or it can be turned on without connecting the charging cable

• Azter

Hi i just got mine from cash and carry manila... it is a very good phone. but battery is bad. overall no issues from me right now...

• Niki

This is the 3rd Sony M5 , the first 2 handsets had the shutdown issues, It was under 7days return warranty,

Got the White M5 , I never update any apps ( as per previous comments) , service provider stated that you must buy a nano sim card ( do not cut your sim from mano to nano ), in store they sell the sim card and they will do the sim swop in store,

8days now and phone is working perfectly fine :)

• unhappy!!!

Recently purchased my sony M5, the battery over heated the very same day but i did not think much of it until it shut down on the third day (full life battery) and only pluggin in the charger switched it back on, its my 10th day having the phone and it has shut down 5times already, the network provider seems very lazed out to assist and speaks of " booking the phone in to determine who's fault it is" i am frustrated!!! as it seems i have to deal with this. I would have expected better from Sony -

the battery is terrible every three minutes it goes down 1% and all sync is off and brightness set to lowest, is this the same on other m5 devices?

• ahamed

Emrah, 15 Dec 2015Oh sorry to read all those complains which look similar to each ... moreis it gud phone or bad?

• Joey

Is the Sony M5 as troublesome as I've been reading comments posted
Is it hardware or software or needs to be upgraded tom marshmallow
But still does not say or give reasons to the overheating and sudden shut down issues
Kindly assist before I go for my upgrade or might decide on a different phone one that works with no trouble
Thanks

Val , 15 Dec 2015Hi. I have had 2 previous Sony Xperia phones with no problems.. ... morei did already but after reset and make new software the problem still exist. i dont know how sony make something like that

• Val

Matquy6cat, 12 Dec 2015if your Sony Xperia m5 is auto shut off and cannot turn back. Yo... moreI tried it but that didn't work either. Only to plug my Sony Xperia recharge adapter in works.. Obviously there is something wrong with the manufacturing part of this model..??

• Val