Sony Xperia Pro-I

Sony Xperia Pro-I

This piece of junk had the best camera I have ever used in my life. The dedicated shutter button made taking photos with it even more of a pleasure. Never enjoyed taking photos as much with another phone. Sadly every single other aspect of this phone was a joke, from its terrible charging speed and battery life to its horrible faulty screen and laughably bad cooling.

Perhaps the worst thing was the utterly idiotic price tag of 1800€ at launch. Along with the accessories (I got the stand and the vlogging screen and separately too) and their ludicrous prices also. With cases, a screen protector and the accessories this phone cost me over 2500€!!!

I had to return it after 1 month because both my first one and the replacement had faulty OLED screens with crushed blacks. The second phone also had no ultrawide (it was disconnected and didn't show up in the camera app). Furthermore, whilst the vlog stand was good, the vlogging screen would flash black randomly whilst recording so I had to return that separately.

The price of this phone dropped 400€ in just 1 month and then 600€ after only 2 months, plus they started bundling it with BOTH accessories even 600€ off! I felt so ripped off.

I am so delighted to have this same sensor in my new Vivo X90 Pro+ which will arrive soon.

It truly was the most incredible sensor I have ever used. Like taking photos with a real DSLR. The first shot was ALWAYS perfect and the colors, focus, everything was just perfect OOTB. I hope the experience is the same with the Vivo. Sony makes the best sensors ever. I just wish they knew how to make and properly price a good phone.

• 7Xc
    • 19 Jan 2023

Anonymous, 18 Jan 2023Is there any method to make it work with Jio 5G? Because ph... moreMaybe flashing it with another firmware from another region will make them work?

• uwN
      • 18 Jan 2023

Ved, 17 Jan 2023NopIs there any method to make it work with Jio 5G? Because phone supports all jio 5G bands .

• V
        • Ved
        • v$A
        • 17 Jan 2023

Anonymous, 29 Dec 2022Does it support 5g in india?Nop

why sony is not innovating like other phones and keeping the same design and same type of specs all the years?

• DkS
            • 07 Jan 2023

Anonymous, 29 Dec 2022Does it support 5g in india?No i doesn't support 5g in india with Jio or Airtel eventhough phone supports Indian 5G bands,, Sony needs to release software update to enable 5G connection. Phone supports 4G volte with Jio but no volte support with airtel. Hope sony releases the update.

• vGJ
              • 29 Dec 2022

Does it support 5g in india?

• 3QJ
                • 22 Dec 2022

Is Xperia Pro discontinued?

• HEu
                  • 16 Dec 2022

Discontinued, I mean?

imparanoic, 12 Oct 2022i purchased my sony xperia pro i last week in Hong Kong, it... moreYou lucky.....it won't go lower than $1500 here in my country

HighSpecs, 29 Oct 2022Just acquired one. First sony I ever owned and it's qu... moreyes, truly different hign end flapship

• HighSpecs
                        • nYL
                        • 29 Oct 2022

Just acquired one. First sony I ever owned and it's quite an experience. A worthy flagship.

• e
                          • emez
                          • fsV
                          • 21 Oct 2022

this phone is too unique

imparanoic, 12 Oct 2022whats the sound quality like on your LG v60 as it uses audi... moreWell it's on a level that I can't put into words. Let's just say after hearing the DAC in my G8X (that was my first experience with truly lossless audio despite my music library being lossless for some time prior), I never used a device without a nice DAC again. Also bought a FiiO M5 so I could have a nice music player even if I didn't have my phone. If you're curious by the way the headphones I use are the Samson SR850's, and the speakers I use are all Sony speakers which support LDAC.

dream smartphone

Abdn, 05 Oct 20222 years later. Let the price go down firsti purchased my sony xperia pro i last week in Hong Kong, it's gone down 40% in price since as it's heavily discounted in Hong Kong

PhoneFreak45, 12 Oct 2022I personally own an LG V60, I'm waiting for Sony'... morewhats the sound quality like on your LG v60 as it uses audiophile grade dac unlike majority of phones uses lesser quality dac with snapdragon chip

imparanoic, 12 Oct 2022i own this phone, only purchased it last week, it's go... moreI personally own an LG V60, I'm waiting for Sony's snapdragon 8 gen 2 phones to upgrade. And yes I'm aware the snapdragon 8 gen 2 isn't out yet.

PhoneFreak45, 10 Oct 2022Well good thing nobody's saying this phone is for ever... morei own this phone, only purchased it last week, it's good, just not so easy to use, but i am not a photo and video pro, nevertheless, i will experiment and learn

imparanoic, 10 Oct 2022Definitely true, in the hands of professionals, awesome vid... moreWell good thing nobody's saying this phone is for everyone. No phone is for everyone. There is no magic unicorn perfect gadget for everyone. Technology is not one size fits all. In simpler terms, there is no such thing as an average consumer.