Sony Xperia XA1

Sony Xperia XA1

• Dilan

I'm using sony xperia xa1.it is going very high heat in playing pubg and games.do not buy this phone.

• Blackberry

Andrew, 28 Nov 2019I am a happy user of Sony Xperia XA1. It is very fast, very good... moreDamn true... 👍🏻

For those having WiFi connection issues (random disconnections or dropping even when connected), I was able to resolve mine by turning off Developer Mode.
I just hope it stays this way.lol

Anonymous, 18 May 2017Hey guys!! Is there any problem like WiFi disconnecting after so... moreWere you able to resolved it?

• Andrew

I am a happy user of Sony Xperia XA1. It is very fast, very good sound quality and no issues regarding touch screen at all. People who complain just does not know how to use a mobile phone properly.

• XA1 user

Anonymous, 25 Nov 2019Having same touchscreen issues left and right edges. Most UI ele... moreThis is common issue and manufacturing issue. My family had two of these phones and both of them had this issue. Sent to warranty service and the display was replaced in both.

Having same touchscreen issues left and right edges. Most UI elements for basic navigation and buttons are commonly top right/left corners or on the edges. So this can make something simple like typing a message or pressing send/home etc difficult. I use the Google keyboard and made the key sizes large so that helps but it's not perfect. Also going into landscape mode can help access buttons but it's not practical to keep tilting the phone.

I don't recommend this phone for this reason.

• zara

Sony has very hard phone screen until the screen doesn’t work. you can drop so many times but the screen isn’t smashed. but the screen doesn’t work and u change the LCD the problem will start. The LCD comes for the sony phones are not as great as original. you have to fix so many time if your lcd has been smashed. Pleas be aware of LCDs when you decide to buy sony phones

Customer, 12 Nov 2019Design is good...has good finish thanks to the aluminium frame. ... moreit can be fixed if it caused after oreo update. Just flash 7.0 stock firmware on it. You may need to backup your drm key if you want to unlock bootloader. it worked for me too

Anonymous, 28 Oct 2019I myself are truly disappointed by my Sony XA1. My right edge si... morewell you can fix it if it happen after oreo update the solution for this is flash 7.0 firmware on it for me that MEA Red Worked well basic stock but don't forget to backup DRM key if you unlock bootloader.

saran, 11 Aug 2019had for almost my full two year contract sales rep at the time s... moreYour lesson you should‘ve learned was to not listen to sales reps

• Customer

Design is good...has good finish thanks to the aluminium frame. Problem with touch screen started at right edge and progressed to all 4 sides. The touch issue started after 1 year of purchase. Believe it or not i used to play pubg in this phone. Although the graphics settings were low and stuttered at times, I could manage to play the game. During the last days of the phone, left and right edges of screen started displaying burned marks. Also during this time, when phone is plugged in for charging, I could feel tingling sensation when I touched the aluminium frame, which was due to the current leakage

I myself are truly disappointed by my Sony XA1. My right edge side is dead and sometimes responsive, cant type p or delete stuff. Playing some games is terrible. From all my Sony phones this one is gonna make me walk away from the brand. Wife walked away and I am next so will my friends be.

• Candlejack

I've had this phone for about two years now and I'm probably never going to buy another Sony phone. I had its screen replaced twice during warranty, battery just dies no matter what you do. It overheats if you play games on it. Some of the core issues this phone has are : screen malfunctioning, bad battery life. Other than that it's an alright phone but I don't recommend it in 2019 or onward. The back camera is really great. It makes some high quality pictures but that's about it.

• Bogzy21

The touchscreen not work at edges,low signal,and no update to fix this.Disappointed.

• Morlock

Never a Sony again. Screen issue. Horrible.

• Unfortunate person

I will never purchase a Sony phone again. The non-replaceable battery on the phone died within the one year warranty period and I managed to have the phone fixed after a long wait. The battery started malfunctioning again a few months later after the warranty had expired. The phone no longer charges. Learn from my mistake and buy an inexpensive phone with a replaceable battery.

• Melo

screen touch faulty, calling/phone book app faulty

• 花

i also had the touch screen issue with my XA1. But after sending to warranty service, they replaced the screen for free and the problem never happen since (october 2018). it almost a year now and i hope touch screen problem will never come back. it haunted me somehow 😅

saran, 11 Aug 2019had for almost my full two year contract sales rep at the time s... moreIt's much better than any J model from Crapsung (aka Samsung). Most performance mid-low end Xperia model ever. Some issues are fixable, but indeed it's not for fools. I and 3 friends have this model for more than one year. It's perfect!