Sony Xperia XA1

• c
    • catsss2
    • pYS
    • 04 May 2022

After being bricked laying in my drawer for over 3 years, I found out it can be revived with the Xperia Companion app. Honestly if you're looking for a phone which will only make calls, receive calls and send texts then this is perfect. Sure, its quite outdated now especially with Android 8 but it still does everything it did when it was new.
    Camera quality is amazing, nice and crisp photos, definitely a camera which can't be found in many budget devices today. The display is only 720p but looks very crisp and the colours are clear and vibrant. Charges quite fast too and the battery doesn't seem to drain that fast. If you can find this phone for cheap, you should go ahead and pick it up!

• Ybn
      • 13 Jan 2022

Owned it for 5+ years never shut down unless it dies I have dropped the cell off of a 2 story building as I am a roofer, the screen stayed in one peace but have this nasty blue pimple mark in the right hand corner no cracks on the screen very very few scratches, submerged it in water on a construction site by accident jumped off of the zoom boom lifts and fell out of my poutch, I have tossed it into a tree broke a window with it hit it with a hammer all in all it is a good cell phone, I've owned 3 cell devices in my life time as I'm 30 years old, owned a blackberry note 2 and this a1 ultra

• Z
        • Zexeli
        • 0xd
        • 06 Dec 2021

Anonymous, 02 Sep 2021Purchased on 8/8/2017. Still working.Same man! The phone holds well, even after surviving multiple falls, it's even a little bit bent. I also have one more phone from Sony that is gonna be 9 years old soon, still works!
        Tho I think it's time for a new phone for me, years passed this phone unfortunately. The weak battery, one camera, only 32 GB is unbelievably weak for today's standards. These days I have my eyes on Xiaomi, would buy Sony again only if there would be available at my place. There is only the newest expensive model and one old model that's just not worth it unfortunately there where I live :/

• N
          • NoelZ
          • y6V
          • 05 Sep 2021

I got my BRAND NEW SONY XPERIA XA1 ULTRA bought for me by my Friend in Australia. I was just using it for Internet, emails, facebook messenger, chess and Walking Exercies. In LESS THAN A YEAR, the screen just suddenly got frozen while it was idle. I tried to go to close some Apps and it was just not responding. I used the Xperia Companion Soft to Reinstall its SOftware but when I tried to TAP the "GET STARTED" icon in the Welcome screen it is not just responding. THe ToouchScreen is not responding even if i tried to power off or reset it from the POP UP menu for power shut down. I AM REALLY PISSED OFF. I HATE SONY ANDROIDS !!!

• Mirsi
            • mnF
            • 04 Sep 2021

The phone itself is decent, has held up for aprox 2-3 years, but the battery is absolute shit.
            empties with an hour of playing

• 7kk
              • 02 Sep 2021

malky1979, 09 Aug 2021all in all a pretty good robust phone - if you can see the ... morePurchased on 8/8/2017. Still working.

all in all a pretty good robust phone - if you can see the state of mine after 2 years use/abuse and still runs well other than no signal anymore ( but this seems to be most sonys i have had with same issue after a year or two) it is one of the most sturdy phones i have had, been dropped more than 100 times,the metal bezel is dented beoynd belief and it is now missing most of the corners, screen cracked on every inch, phone bent like a banana and had water spilled on it constantly ( i work in a kitchen) and still runs ok other than the phone signal. for a cheap sony phone it has out performed my expectaions i had for it and am now a bit sad to change it to the 10ii but with no network it was bocoming pretty unusable for anything outwith wifi range. i will still hold on to it and use as a back up for browsing etc and would buy again if i needed to.

• h
                  • haha rubish
                  • nxf
                  • 27 Jul 2021

rush67, 21 Jun 2021I had a Xperia Z1 Compact and loved it and early on, I did ... moreload rubish the phone works fine

• r
                    • rush67
                    • 9JR
                    • 21 Jun 2021

I had a Xperia Z1 Compact and loved it and early on, I did have issues with overheating and very poor battery life. The fix was to remove Facebook and the Messenger apps and life was all good. Never made sense why it was causing the problems as I had never logged into them.
                    I am about to buy a secondhand XA1 as I like the Sony phones.

• Magdalena A.
                      • pVR
                      • 09 Jun 2021

Wajahat, 16 Dec 2020How abou the betry timingWhat do you mean? :-)

• m
                        • mon
                        • vx3
                        • 21 May 2021

After 3 months there was a problem in touchscreen same issues with my friend, sony is bad in battery life and heat issues. Expensive yet disposable phone and not reliable.

• S
                          • SAM
                          • nCe
                          • 31 Mar 2021

Looks like the screen has issues mainly in the center due to bending. the phone screen bends inwards after a few months of use causing display issues after a while.

• a
                            • abedini
                            • avJ
                            • 27 Mar 2021

Max3c93, 24 Mar 2021I use it for 4 eyears and has no problem even today, everyt... moremy xa1 very awfuly bad

• Max3c93
                              • 6mS
                              • 24 Mar 2021

I use it for 4 eyears and has no problem even today, everything works fine, battery life are like 4 years ago and i push phone to the limit, no lag, screen sensivity perfect, after long trows 😅 but i dont have no problem with this phone.

• A
                                • Alwafid007
                                • J2a
                                • 18 Mar 2021

I bought this phone two year ago,, i used it just for less than 3 month then i sold it to my friend,, it was getting hot so much and there was small yallow spot appeared in screen

• L
                                  • Lee
                                  • nH5
                                  • 12 Jan 2021

I've been using this phone since the beginning of 2018 and thus far, it has been the best phone I've ever had. It isn't the fastest phone on the market but it does everything I want it to do, with the exception of some games which it can't run these days. No big deal. It has even survived being completely submerged under water for over one minute (I dropped it into a muddle ditch at work and didn't see it at first). It's a sturdy phone. I've dropped it a few times and it has no damage whatsoever. I would definitely recommend this phone (in 2021) to someone who wants a budget second phone. If you can find it now, it should be cheap.

• S
                                    • Shanky
                                    • XNn
                                    • 08 Jan 2021

I purchased this phone back in 2017, and only after 6 months, it became unusable because of the screen issue. I still use this as secondary phone just because the design is great. The flat edges reminds me of Lumia 800, which too I loved. This phone is for looks and only looks. To get the work done, I use Galaxy S9+.

• O
                                      • Odigigi
                                      • gu@
                                      • 05 Jan 2021

Anonymous, 24 Dec 2020The screen stops working at the top and the sides and it ge... moreIf u are experiencing touch problems use the anti virus to clean junk files n free some space on the the phone device memory. I was experiencing the same problem but after doing that it working perfect

• 3Ag
                                        • 24 Dec 2020

The screen stops working at the top and the sides and it gets worst over time. I had get this fixed 3 times still after a short period of time the screen has the same problem. (this problem affects the majority of the sony xperia's xa1). If you want to buy this phone, just DON'T!