Sony Xperia XZ1

Sony Xperia XZ1

Okmy, 21 Jan 2020Sony had to go wireless to trim down their bezels too many peopl... moreThat's a story for little kids. Headphone jack has nothing to do with bezels.

• Okmy

YUKI93, 12 Jan 2020While waiting for the Xperia 5 Plus to be officially launched, I... moreSony had to go wireless to trim down their bezels too many people are opting for phones from the Chinese and Samsung.

While waiting for the Xperia 5 Plus to be officially launched, I am definitely going to revel at this Xperia XZ1 knowing that this is currently the last Xperia to have a proper 3.5mm headphone jack before Sony removes it because of their wireless headphones or earphones. Sorry Sony, but wired will always perform better than wireless and you just can't change that fact!

• Razor

Anonymous, 06 Jan 2020XZ1 don't get Android 10 & you love it? Android 9 is very po... more"Out-dated"? I mean dude, I get people don't like being left behind but seriously we're talking about one year, I repeat one. Secondly, why can't people enjoy the phone they own just because it runs an "oh so out-dated" OS? This is even to my surprise but lots of people don't care even if they're running MM or N for example in my experience.

I tried even 4K H265 10 video's with serious audio & stock player handles it perfectly. Either something is wrong with your streams or something got stuck in software. I whosent pleased with audio and got external portable DAC but that's me. Camera ain't bad, it's actually quite good in good lighting conditions. It's not mind blowing but then again I didn't had high expectations from it to start with. Sony dropping Android 10 support is certainly disappointing but hopefully AOSP builds will emerge now when there is a need for them.

Anonymous, 06 Jan 2020I'm using this phone for a half of year now and, apart from the ... moreXZ1 don't get Android 10 & you love it? Android 9 is very poor & out-dated. For more information about Android 9 & the issues please view my post

Display & audio quality is nice but the camera is really poor. Also I face some issues such as hanging while playing videos & it makes me often question myself, " Is it really having 4GB Ram or the processor is a down graded one?" Another issue is while playing a video song, the video will play quicker & the Audio will play later & it makes me disturbed & made me to dislike this phone. I am looking forward for Android 10 update so that these issues may solved. Another thing is the display size is very small & the bottom taskbar is thick which makes the display even smaller. If Android 10 comes it can be better I guess. Android 9 is poor for XZ1

I'm using this phone for a half of year now and, apart from the wifi issues (can be solved by reboot tho) and the fact that it won't get Android 10, I love it. Amazing display, great audio and performance made this phone ideal for me (had Xperia M before, so this was a big jump 😁). This phone also features audio jack, which is very important to me, because most of my music collection is Hi-Res, so I'm using only wired headphones. I like the camera button, however, camera could be better (It's acceptable).

• ASP

My phone restart often.What may be the cause

what is the white spot in screen about ?

WilfredTP, 29 Oct 2019Hi Ahmed. You can order LCD replacement of your mobile in Aliexp... moreOrder the panel and replace by yourself. There are video to show you how to...very easy.
My XZ1 panel broke after few months I had it. Ordered the panel and replace it. I ordered another spare panel just in case...but may never have to use it.

russel, 14 Dec 2019I used this phone until now. I really like it. The speed, displ... moreAndroid 9? ... what about battery? Heating ? Camera?

• russel

I used this phone until now. I really like it. The speed, display and durability is far too advance compared to other phones as of now.

S10 vs XZ1

• Akis

What's the difference between models F8342 and G8342? Will model F8342 work properly in Greece?

Jess, 05 Nov 2019Can anyone suggest me best Custom Rom for xperia xz1? I currentl... moreWorks very well with lineageos (Android 9)

Rishi., 11 Nov 2019Any heating issues? While Nope. When you tax it up to it's limits (100% GPU utilisation playing something like Nimian Legends: BrightRidge) after half of an hour it peaks about 42° C (ambient 28° C). It's on colder side & certainly won't keep your hands worm on cold water days.

ZolaIII, 09 Nov 2019Android Pie, official (locked) last up to date (September securi... moreAny heating issues? While

Rishi., 08 Nov 2019Brightness ? And Android version? Android Pie, official (locked) last up to date (September security patch). Brightness auto, mostly in door use. State new, used for two months. Moderate number of apps. Usage with quoted SOT (which is usual one) contains mostly of browsing (4~5h) a little of streaming & YouTube and (0.5~1h) playing some not graphically intense games (1~1.5h).

ZolaIII, 07 Nov 20196~7h of SOT on LTE, 8~9h on WiFi. Brightness ? And Android version?