Sony Xperia Z2

Sony Xperia Z2

Had this phone for 4 years and it suddenly volumes up and powers off, trying to power it up again, it vibrates 2 times and shuts off again

• Mustermann Bloggs

OK phone on it’s original Android 4.4 firmware. App performance was good for it’s time. Battery life was OK though six years on, battery now only lasts half a day. Flimsy SIM tray. Since relegated it to a burner device to run privacy hostile apps. Very poor photo quality from Z2 camera compared to say the Samsung s6 - washed out photos and poor dynamic range from the Z2’s camera. Upgrading to Android 6.0.1 killed WiFi performance and reliability - Repeatable issue - Flashing back to Android 4.4 resulted in markedly improved WiFi performance (Sony really dropped the ball on this update and deserve a high amount of admonishment for never fixing this).

• YUUSEIDAN

User130000, 16 Jul 2021This is by far the worse smartphone I ever bought, the only... moreTrue I had changed its backglass about 4 or 5 times, the last year I had to make a software for it at least every 2 weeks then I throw it in the locker :)

• YUUSEIDAN

The first phone I had obtained from 2015 to 2018, you can use it to iron clothes because of the massive heat produced by the SD 801 πŸ”₯.

• User130000

This is by far the worse smartphone I ever bought, the only thing good I could say about it was the software, it was flawless with a simple UI (close to Android One), in terms of hardware it's the worst, had to replace the backglass like 3 times because it just decides to break on its own, and the ports seals started falling on their own, as for performance, it used to overheat a lot, even when doing the most simple tasks.
It still works today after 6 years, but it's in a terrible shape, my Galaxy Note 2 is still in a much better shape, and it's 9 years old! This was the first and last Sony smartphone I'll ever buy.

• JAMMY

Chris, 15 Apr 2021You are more than right! It is simply the very best phone o... moreNO!

• Chris

Pat, 08 Mar 2021Best phone ever made in my opinion. Perfect size and design... moreYou are more than right! It is simply the very best phone of all!!! ☺

• Pat

Best phone ever made in my opinion. Perfect size and design light weight, Great battery. There would be peace on earth if everybody could use this phone.

• Mehrdad

I have this smart phone more than 6 years and still i love it
First smartphone that use of this techniques:
Glove mode screen ( like sony xperia sola floating touch)
120 frame slow-motion
Recording 4k video more than 15 min
Digital Noise cancellation
Ultra stamina mode (android 4.4.2)
...
Xperia Z series are first smartphones that used of face unlock and face detection in the world

Best performance phone of its times but nowadays other competitors are giving much better quality with max features & latest designs which are better than sony.
One thing always astonishes me that sony works like a tortoise 🐒 till time others spread their technology in a faster way sony still hangs it's prices at an odd range that people always ignore it's impressions.

Man I wish Sony phones had good resell value in India. You buy a 35K phone of Sony and it wont give u even 3K when u want to upgrade say two-three years after.
Used this phone for a good year and a half after launch, but it started to heat up pretty fast while doing normal things on it. cdnt used the camera for more than a couple of minutes, before it shut down.
had to sell it in flipkart sale for Motorola Z2 play. I miss this phone, its display and that sweet headphone jack!

• loyal SONY user

The ONLY problem I have faced since I have started using Sony mobile for a few years now is the screen. I take REALLY GOOD CARE of my phones, but Sony has disappointed me twice since my latest Xperia Z2 started to lose the function of a third of the screen slowly paralyzing till the whole screen died. I had the same exact experience with my previous Sony LT6i. It's still in vegetative state in my house. I wonder if I buy another Sony mobile it will freeze again. SONY is a really good phone,I love it and it's functionalities and uniqueness and I don't want to stop using it. Please fix the screen problems.

• Gasha

How can I formate my xperia z2

• Ck sha

I am using more than 6 eyer's. Only i faced one problom back camera not working 3 months before. Ineed xperia 1

• The Technician

rated b, 16 Mar 2020I'm having a boot-loop problem with my phone z2 since 2019 ... moreYes there is a solution, need to reinstall android on the fon to fix the problem.
After that everything will be nice and smooth

• UserT

I am still using this phone as my daily driver and I have never complained for the first 4 years. After that the camera started to be not good enough for my taste, memory was running out and battery was nearly dead. I hoped that I could buy Xperia 1 II but not with that price.

Overall, this phone made me very happy over the years. It still has its original parts with minor scratches. I think after this phone only OP 8 pro can make me feel at home again.

• Krzystof

rated b, 16 Mar 2020I'm having a boot-loop problem with my phone z2 since 2019 ... moreI have had a few issues over the years with this phone, often ask it takes its try to take out the SD card so a factory reset, and then things are good again. It might be one of the apps you are using that is causing the problem, so just add the essential ones back and watch if the issue returns.

I'm having a boot-loop problem with my phone z2 since 2019 of august, in every two to three weeks after fixed by a technician my phone back on boot-looping again and sadly cannot open it. Is their any solution?

I have one, the main unit in good shape. The problem is the phone heating so bad. and I also got ghost touch problem, even the screen in good condition, no crack or another physical damage.
The battery is still good.

• Adiesmilo

Mine... I've been using this gadget for 4 years.. And still yummy πŸ˜‹ πŸ˜‹ πŸ˜‹