Sony Xperia Z2

Sony Xperia Z2

• A.R.B

ai, 16 May 2019I've had this phone for 3 years now and I needed to fix the batt... moreAfter 5 years my phone started having exact same problems!

• Fazi Phone Repairer

All Z2 phones have hardware issue in power chipsets and EMMC IC. after a few years through over heating, it gets failed and will be dead! Sony Company knows that and fix this in Z3 or later models.

Oval, 17 Oct 2019Been using it for 5 years. And it is still working great. Batter... moreMine lasts for 2-3 hours and i have changed the battery and its the same. Think the battery drains faster when the phone overheats

High quality phone, especially for its time. Software wise and support is still up to date. Battery capacity and durability over time is ok. IPS LCD is just not as good with high glares and sunny days. Excellent glass and panel quality, very hard, rigid and hard to break. Overall timeproof and firm phone. For not so performance demanding even today a good phone.

• Fahim

Dear Sony lovers, i am using this mobile from 5 years. very goods quality frame good battery life, never go to repair shop very good pic and videos till now. only short cum is memory 16GB. 3GB RAM.

Can I use USB power delivery on this device? I have aukey 18w adapter and I want to use it

• Oval

Been using it for 5 years. And it is still working great. Battery still lasts almost 2 days.
I really want extra camera's now though to zoom in and out, so it's time to move on.

• hassanj

No Name Anonymous, 14 Jun 2019It's my 5th year really solid phone ever had, used HTC which dra... moreThis is non repairable mobile.

• Wladimir

Best cell phone ever, and updated to android 8, not even think of undo yet.

• Blackswordmaster

Really a extremely reliable smartphone going on for more than 5 years now. Other than overheating and a few minor issues it has been great in it's service.

• No Name Anonymous

It's my 5th year really solid phone ever had, used HTC which drain-up battery.....this was great phone added 128GB lot more space. But few weeks realize that heats up little and hold for less than a day only. Thinking of change to Oneplus 6 256GB seems great reviews I read so far.....anyone idea about.

I have a really great experience with CarbonROM cr-6.1 (Android 8.1), planning to switch to Android 9 now (CarbonROM or AICP maybe)

Anonymous, 11 Feb 2019Mine's coming up on 5 years now, and I have been overall pleased... moreHuh, my experience is almost exactly same as yours. On my 5th year as well. I actually re applied the thermal but it still overheats a bit. I still get 4 hours of SoT. T-mobile on this is a bit shotty. Planning on getting a oneplus 7 pro.

Awanama, 28 Apr 2019in 2019 still good phone if u're not heavy users, the lollipop r... moreAlmost on my fifth year and it still holds up pretty well.

ai, 16 May 2019I've had this phone for 3 years now and I needed to fix the batt... moreHad the phone for almost 5 years and the battery is still okay, 4 hours of screen on time

• ai

I've had this phone for 3 years now and I needed to fix the battery twice. It never lagged much and I admired the responsiveness but there were just too many issues with the phone.

I didn't get the phone from the official store but from dealer, it seemed unused. It started having battery problems about a year later, and kept shutting off at 70% battery, so I got it fixed. 2 years later and my phone fell and the screen broke (the durability is good, I have dropped my phone many times and it came out without a scratch), so I got it fixed along with the battery because apparently the battery had a chance of exploding. After that, my phone started getting extremely hot, the battery started draining faster and the responsiveness was reduced, I had to click harder and wait longer. A week ago my screen started glitching and clicked everywhere randomly, opening apps and closing them, switching on bluetooth, etc. Not sure if it was the screen that was causing this.

There were other problems too, even before i replaced my screen, like when I use the camera for more than 2-3 minutes it automatically closes the app, saying that the camera has overheated. The camera quality is okay, not too bad. The charging flap fell off and the rubber around it (to make the phone waterproof) fell off after 1 or 2 years, making it no longer waterproof. It overheats when playing simple games that use less than 300mb. It would also randomly restart at times. The speaker wasn't good enough, either.

There may be more issues but I can't remember them right now. It wasn't completely trash but still needed a lot of improvement.

• giwrgaggelos

I tried to swap it with a S7 Edge, but Z2 is far better in key features. It has double tap and gloves mode. The last is very important to me because I ride a bike, so I don't care about the double performance and the fingerprint sensor of the S7.
Sony Z2 rules!!! :D

• Awanama

in 2019 still good phone if u're not heavy users, the lollipop roms better than mm

• Shaun

I like its picture quality and I would recommend it to a friend. It's the best mobile ever. I like it.

Mine's coming up on 5 years now, and I have been overall pleased. It still has pretty good specs, even by today's standards. Mine only overheats when I record more than a few minutes of 4k video, but the camera has been great. My only beef has with reception, which seems to have been something that's happened overtime, and may have more to do with my network, T-mobile. It seems to have an issue with hopping or reconnecting to towers when I am mobile, or if I lose signal, then come back into range, to resolve I have to reboot. I am finally thinking of upgrading to address these issues. We'll see if T-Mobile's new extended LTE provides value or is just marketing hype. Not sure what to replace it with though. Want unlocked device, killer camera that shoots RAW and 4k, expandable storage, and supports 600 and 700mhz bands.