Sony Xperia Z5 Premium

Sony Xperia Z5 Premium

• LoveTheSpeed

This is fine phone, it surprised me. Good, user friendly with super battery life, an excellent finger print scanner but with crappie camera. Why on earth don't they use glass instead of plastic and better software for it? I have a SE K800i and belive me that it produce much better pictures with way less MP. Back then it worked, they had excellent shots this days they suck. OK... But really everything else is GOOD. Oh, and you really need a phone case otherwise you will get it broken in a short time.

• imsadanandsingh

JB, 08 Feb 2021Can anyone tell me that is this phone have the volte option?I've seen that with jio sim its shows volte option but in case of other not volte support. I also not understand why this thing is happening with this mobile.

• JB

Can anyone tell me that is this phone have the volte option?

My mom has been using this phone for around 1.5 years now. She LOVED it. Battery life is great; as she's a heavy phone user. Very good user experience overall (response time).

Internal storage is sufficient for her. There's plenty of storage so she doesn't run out of space very often.

She hasn't ever complained about charging time. Display size is very good for her small hands.

Definitely recommended.

• Hashimoto

Anonymous, 20 May 2019I don't really understand what people mean by a phone heati... moreIn winter it becomes barely touchable. In summer the phone back top becomes not handleable for more than 10seconds.

Hey guys
are z5 premium still heating problem after updating android 6 and 7
"in gaming , vedio recording & browsing"?

neo, 27 Aug 2020Its amazing but now a days I face a problem of its brightne... moreSwitch the auto brightness off, or boost the screen brightness from the pulldown on the homescreen.

• DaddyNiChub

Read about this overheating in gaming situations. Was this fixed after an update? Or are there any solutions to at least not have it heat up too much?

• B

How is image quality from the camera? Like in the Z5, or any different? Thanks

• neo

Its amazing but now a days I face a problem of its brightness. In sunlight it goes dark and i couldn't see any thing on the screen

• Smar User

LoveTheSpeed, 09 May 2020I'm having trouble with the sound in headset. There isn't a... moreUse Sound About App from Google Play

• pan

Sawtio, 08 Jan 2020I'm about to trade-in my Z4 to this Z5 Premium. But I'm in ... morethis is still my "latest phone" so i can easilly recommend it... but if you need the following, then do not consider this phone
1 software update
2 high nits for under the sun usage
3 no bezels
i am good without those three, as for the heating issue many people here are claiming, that is actually usual for phones having the same soc, especially when watching youtube using the data connection, using wifi connection it doesnt heat up much... very long video shoot, though the camera app closes as a protection...
as for the battery i get 1-2 days without charging...
exactly now, i have almost 5 hrs sot, with the data on, just browsing the net... and just about 15 minutes of youtube... now at 9% battery...

• Yogo

Sawtio, 08 Jan 2020I'm about to trade-in my Z4 to this Z5 Premium. But I'm in ... moreGo for Huawei P30 Lite. Best phone with best features. 6GB Ram counts!!! Just changed my Z5P for this.

• LoveTheSpeed

I solve the problem on headjack and it isn't it self the problem (the 3.5 one) but the tiny plastic connection that comes out of it. There are some elements on it and they don't have any more contact. That's is why the phone does not recognise the input of them. I put some pressure on it and it played perfectly. But still need to replace it with a new one. And the upper speaker is losing it strength. So I will replace that to. And a new more powerful battery is getting in to. I'll see what kind of result will be on battery life then. Couse now is just hideously. Hope it helped someone to check it out by them self.

• LoveTheSpeed

I'm having trouble with the sound in headset. There isn't any. It still plays over speakers. Any suggestions, problem solving ideas.

Gundala77 , 27 Feb 2020I have experia z5 amd until today everything is good....i l... moreAll I really want it for is remote play on PS4, can the dual shock 4 conect to the Z5 via blue tooth without the android 10 update?

• Miya

Gundala77 , 27 Feb 2020I have experia z5 amd until today everything is good....i l... moreDoes your software update is still Nougat 7.1 android?

i'm planning to buy this phone just for VR use as it is the only affordable one i found with high pixel density on the market. Just for movies from my saved videos and some streaming in VR. I don't care about the 4k resolution and also not using this for gaming. Does it worth?

• Gundala77

Anonymous, 24 Oct 2019No, Z5 premium is different. It overheats up to a very unco... moreI have experia z5 amd until today everything is good....i love experia z5 premium...the batterry is normal not drain fast...try to manage your aplication on your phone....

I had this phone until recently for 4 years and its too old for updates.
You better choose a 2019 phone or a more updated phone