TCL 20 Pro 5G

TCL 20 Pro 5G

• Unknown

What the hell?
500 euro?

SJTS, 13 May 2021Any chance this phone will be officially available in the U.S.?It is now via Amazon and maybe Best Buy. Price just went up from $500 to $530.

rickywangca, 12 Aug 2021Does anyone have/know where to get a screen protector that ... moreCheck this out https://www.reviewgeek.com/24991/you-probably-dont-really-need-a-screen-protector/

sighco, 22 Aug 2021All kinds of issues. Unable to type different letters or nu... moreRead some articles on screen protectors and whether they are needed or not.

I thought around 300 euro's this is a good deal with unsual stuff like wireless charging, curved screen (not everyone is gonna like that but it look very premium) and 16 mp uw cam is it 500 euro's with some Weaker specs het another dissappointment.

All kinds of issues. Unable to type different letters or numbers at different times. Unable to scroll. It's getting very frustrating to say the least. I'm contemplating removing the protector.

Does anyone have/know where to get a screen protector that works with the in-display fingerprint reader? (Not film/plastic, looking for glass) Thanks!

• ijcy

Dometalican, 14 Apr 2021Not a bad mid-ranger for the US despite the Galaxy A52 bein... moreSort of a late response but they have not removed the IR Blaster.

Brian, 21 Jun 2021Yes. I find it sometimes is very difficult to slide down th... moreThat is most likely your screen protector or case causing issues. If your case edges are touching the screen, the phone might pick them up as touch signals.

• JDawg

Soooo I just got mine two days ago.

I freaking LOVE this phone. I have their 10 Pro and this is a great upgrade. The 48mp rear camera with OIS is noticably better than the 64mp on the 10.
The only thing is the battery. 4500mAh is nice but I'm able to kill it in less than a day.

• Lanier

I was interested in buying this phone, because it offers all what I am looking phone.
But still at 01.August you can not buy it in germany and it looks like it's the same in the UK! :-(
Well, you can buy it as an import from Spain or Czechoslovakia. But are germans 3.world habitants? And on the german TCL website there's not even an area for Smartphones!
I'm thinking of giving TCL a call and asking them, if they are not interested to sell the phone in germany. If the answer is no, then it tells me everything and then it will be better to stay away of it, because then the support for germans - just think of translations - will be lousy!

Bay, 04 Jul 2021Hmm...TCL has been known to have spying apps on their Alca... more😂 LoL

• Bay

Not impressed, 21 Jun 2021So I got one of these phones in May. I didn't use it f... moreHmm...TCL has been known to have spying apps on their Alcatel phones.

• TH

Fabio, 17 Jun 2021I got one from Fido (Canada) more than a month ago, the pho... moreI'm having the same issue with push notifications not coming through. Did you ever find out how to resolve this problem?

This phone reminds me my Moto Edge..

Hey, my Edge is still better phone than this one...nah.. Oh! and the cameras no bumps to :)

• Brian

trouble.guayaco, 16 Jun 2021Does anyone have touch sensitivity issues when using a scre... moreYes. I find it sometimes is very difficult to slide down the settings bar or go back using the back button. Also my fingerprint reader has never unlocked my phone even once. And I've tried retraining it several times. Sometimes I have to tap very hard. My screen protector is made by 'Axessorize'

• Not impressed

So I got one of these phones in May. I didn't use it for a couple of weeks because I wanted to get a case for it. Once I did start using it there were all kinds of troubles. The top right hand part of the screen would randomly open up a thing that was up there, the keyboard would randomly type things, and to top it off when I used my anti virus to scan it there was malware attached to the edge app. So I sent it back and got a replacement. The replacement is doing the same thing so now I have to send it in for warranty repairs. I am not impressed with this phone. I should have stayed with Samsung.

• Fabio

I got one from Fido (Canada) more than a month ago, the phone is nice, screen is really good, camera is ok/good, but I am having a lot of headaches with apps getting killed. From the alarm (Alarm Clock xtreme) to Web Alert app, apparently anything that is not stock or usual application gets killed by the task manager. This is really annoying, tried disabling everything that could be disabled, from battery optimization to memory manager, everything that supposedly kills background tasks, still I can't get the apps to run reliably on the background for more than a day or so. On top of that some apps won't get push notifications (news apps, banking). I get push notifications on my old phone but not on the TCL. I am really frustrated with this phone.

• trouble.guayaco

Does anyone have touch sensitivity issues when using a screen protector??

• Tfg

Just one small detail, it says in specs that it does not have IR, which is wrong, it does.