TCL 20 Pro 5G

TCL 20 Pro 5G

I really like this phone. 48 mp camera is amazing in my opinion. "Super Night "setting takes detailed night sky pictures ...star brightness is just like looking up. It has a beautiful display also. Then I installed a Tempered glass screen protector. It went on perfectly and looks great, but the screen touch response became almost non-existent. Even with the Response slider wide open, it wouldn't scroll or respond to a tap.

• Alpha123

New guy, 13 Nov 2021I just got this phone a few days ago. So far I have not not... moreBro, Does it supports call recording?

• New guy

I just got this phone a few days ago. So far I have not noticed any of the issues mentioned here. However I have noticed that the phone will not activate the Google assistant when the screen is off. I'm not sure if this is Android 11 related or a problem with the phone. Other than that it's a nice device with a few short comings I hope tcl addresses in the next revision.

Anonymous, 11 Nov 2021Screen doesn't scroll or respond to tabs 75% of the ti... morehow did buy name like this ????? & why ?????

Screen doesn't scroll or respond to tabs 75% of the time and last night the charging port melted and started smoking. Do not buy. Garbage

Really a good buy If you can catch it for less than 400€. In my case was less than 350. Premium build and design. The display is the Best I ever used with TCL. Owned technology (60hz not an issue for me). Speed is very good and the cameras are also above the price range in terms of performance. The low Light performance is very good and the OIS for this price range is something punching above. Headphone Jack, blaster, etc etc all. The tecs and useful features that a lot of expensive phones dont have anymore. 256 internal is a fantástica bónus.

• James

TH, 01 Jul 2021I'm having the same issue with push notifications not ... moreI have the notification issue too. Sent it in for repairs and they sent it back saying its fine. Rogers. I have tried everything. All the power settings on and off. Even used adb to remove the smart manager. Nothing worked. Sending it in for repairs again.

• Unknown

What the hell?
500 euro?

SJTS, 13 May 2021Any chance this phone will be officially available in the U.S.?It is now via Amazon and maybe Best Buy. Price just went up from $500 to $530.

rickywangca, 12 Aug 2021Does anyone have/know where to get a screen protector that ... moreCheck this out https://www.reviewgeek.com/24991/you-probably-dont-really-need-a-screen-protector/

sighco, 22 Aug 2021All kinds of issues. Unable to type different letters or nu... moreRead some articles on screen protectors and whether they are needed or not.

I thought around 300 euro's this is a good deal with unsual stuff like wireless charging, curved screen (not everyone is gonna like that but it look very premium) and 16 mp uw cam is it 500 euro's with some Weaker specs het another dissappointment.

All kinds of issues. Unable to type different letters or numbers at different times. Unable to scroll. It's getting very frustrating to say the least. I'm contemplating removing the protector.

Does anyone have/know where to get a screen protector that works with the in-display fingerprint reader? (Not film/plastic, looking for glass) Thanks!

• ijcy

Dometalican, 14 Apr 2021Not a bad mid-ranger for the US despite the Galaxy A52 bein... moreSort of a late response but they have not removed the IR Blaster.

Brian, 21 Jun 2021Yes. I find it sometimes is very difficult to slide down th... moreThat is most likely your screen protector or case causing issues. If your case edges are touching the screen, the phone might pick them up as touch signals.

• JDawg

Soooo I just got mine two days ago.

I freaking LOVE this phone. I have their 10 Pro and this is a great upgrade. The 48mp rear camera with OIS is noticably better than the 64mp on the 10.
The only thing is the battery. 4500mAh is nice but I'm able to kill it in less than a day.

• Lanier

I was interested in buying this phone, because it offers all what I am looking phone.
But still at 01.August you can not buy it in germany and it looks like it's the same in the UK! :-(
Well, you can buy it as an import from Spain or Czechoslovakia. But are germans 3.world habitants? And on the german TCL website there's not even an area for Smartphones!
I'm thinking of giving TCL a call and asking them, if they are not interested to sell the phone in germany. If the answer is no, then it tells me everything and then it will be better to stay away of it, because then the support for germans - just think of translations - will be lousy!

Bay, 04 Jul 2021Hmm...TCL has been known to have spying apps on their Alca... more😂 LoL