TCL 20 Pro 5G
- 03 May 2023
Anonymous, 20 Mar 2023Probably never buy another TCL very poor service problem wi... moreIts just this phone ,it is very old and nowdays it just looks fancy ,buy a newer model and I bet you would like it more
- alex 5555
- 01 Apr 2023
Anonymous, 20 Mar 2023Probably never buy another TCL very poor service problem wi... moreMy friend, this phone is a low/cheap klass, so what u do not now....MADE IN BULGARIA EUR.
- 20 Mar 2023
Probably never buy another TCL very poor service problem with the update drops calls timed out no response very frustrating
- 28 Feb 2023
Mahjong mom, 26 Feb 2023I updated to android 12 and my outgoing calls keep getting ... moreI updated mine to Andriod 12 i got the same problem i hope TCL fixes the issue in their next update
- Mahjong mom
- 26 Feb 2023
sweetberto, 16 Feb 2023i just updated mine to 12I updated to android 12 and my outgoing calls keep getting dropped I receive the message on my screen( times out no response) called my provider they told me it's a TCL issue and must be resolved by them. Hope this will happen soon.
- 16 Feb 2023
i just updated mine to 12
- 02 Feb 2023
Dear TLC customer!
An update for TCL Pro 5G is scheduled around the end of first quarter of 2023.
- 01 Feb 2023
Anonymous, 04 Oct 2022itll definitely get android 12 but not 13 due to tcl's... moreToday is Feb 1 2023 and the TCL 20 Pro 5G has already been abandoned after talk having the flagship eligible for Android 12. It is eligible, but it will never get it, nor is it getting security updates. Last Security update was April 1, 2022.
- 28 Jan 2023
T810H model I have does have IR blaster, which isn't listed on the specs here.
- 21 Dec 2022
Anonymous, 12 Nov 2022About headphones, if you use Poweramp you can set Wired a b... moreMore importantly Bootloader Unlock which TCL hardlocked not to work/disabled.
- 12 Nov 2022
About headphones, if you use Poweramp you can set Wired a bit louder via HiRes to 384khz (No DVC) This option in the player sets the Dac to run a few dB higher (noticeably). Shame the onboard amp is indeed so mediocre as the sound is decent. And regular OpenSL bugs in apps, and there is no built in EQ to the OS. I have Android 12, T810H and havent had issues with crashes since i reset but i do wish TCL gave more customization and more patches. version v4.0.5EDW
- 07 Nov 2022
Can anybody confirm/deny if this phone can use eSIM?
- 04 Nov 2022
Is there any updates on when will the stable Android 12 be available to the 20 Pro 5G? It's been over a year now since they announced the preview program.
Just wondering about it coz TCL is way behind now unlike other OEMs. Android 13 is available in a short time now.
- 03 Nov 2022
Hi, i own this phone since 25th (got it for 275 GBP on a open box deal). T810H, not T810, and its UK, imported from TCL Europe to TCL France then.. i got it Ebay. For anyone asking how it is, i can answer some points honestly. Ive had a nice experience with the phone so far, nice AMOLED 1080p, 6GB RAM handles things still well, i dont game just consume a lot of media and browsing. Some things to note
-Came with Android 12 and was awaiting one security update in October 2022, installed it, and a Play security update.
- Came with transparent etui, but no screen protector, and most i tried get touch issues, so i settled for a aftermarket case.
- My 4G from 2019 Three PAYG SIM works fine with 5G. I use Wifi more tho, its not 6 but it downloads things pretty fast on a fibre, even onto a MicroSD 256gb Samsung EVO.
- Headphone jack is pleasant to listen to even if it could be louder but is enough. I use Sennheiser Momentum 1.0 18ohm and OneOdio A70 32ohm to test this. Fun sound, 32-bit 192khz support (yes, not just 24bit). Dont use OpenSL regular output, use AT or Hi-Res. Otherwise, screen lock causes music to pause (its not the processor its a bug, the device has no hardware equalizer app either but any software EQ works perfectly).
- Notifications all appear quickly after going to Smart Manager and disabling automatically manage and toggling the 'ALL' (allow) flag for apps, then notifications. Do NOT disable it, or remove it, you cant remove via ADB, if you disable, the built in UI skin over Android gets super buggy.
- If you get system corruption due to the attempts above, you will have to factory reset with /system mounted in Recovery Mode, (not regular Settings) like, volume up and power, to get back normal operation.
- No BL unlock code from TCL, so forget custom ROM for now, it should last a few years more though if you apply the security patches consciously and some scanning e.g. ESET.
- Checked nearly everything ADB PM listing and nothing that was known malware from old TCL days, no ability to remove system apps though, just disable and therefore bugs. MAYBE there is some telemetry like any Android.
- Its Widevine L1 certified even on 12 and i use Barclays temporarily just fine even NFC payments. DRM video in HD to my eye. Youtube can play 1080p60 just fine too.
- Music doesnt really pause on its own even in battery saver mode, but again, the app must be set not to use OpenSL (buggy) and make sure the app itself keeps the phone awake during lock in case you do, should solve it. General Android 11+ problem sadly w/permissions and powersavings.
Hope this helps, i dont mean to shill for the phone just tried to outline the details and share my mostly positive experience, with some things others did not mention, i personally like the phone but when i saw it on photo i thought it'd be bigger heh.
- 04 Oct 2022
Anonymous, 23 Sep 2022this phone is supposed receive 12 and 13 not sure whenitll definitely get android 12 but not 13 due to tcl's only 1 major os upgrade.
- 23 Sep 2022
Tickler, 23 Jul 2022I bought this phone very cheap but the notifications issue ... morethis phone is supposed receive 12 and 13 not sure when
- 23 Sep 2022
Ammit P Chawda, 19 Aug 2022I brought this Phone in April 2022, by far the most frustra... morethis phone comes with android 11 not sure what version you have
- 15 Sep 2022
Ammit P Chawda, 19 Aug 2022I brought this Phone in April 2022, by far the most frustra... moreYou probably got a wrong phone as this phones base OS is Android 11 & it looks like your drama is not on this tcl phone but some other.
- Ammit P Chawda
- 19 Aug 2022
I brought this Phone in April 2022, by far the most frustrating phone I ever used. Terrible battery which lasted just 5 hours of normal usage and 2 hours of extreme usage! Bad cameras as well but the only great thing was there were some cool features in its operating system which were helpful.
Also no upgrade of OS Android from 10 to 11
- 17 Aug 2022
Love it that the cameras were completely flat