vivo NEX 3 hands-on review
Following the footsteps of its two predecessors, the third generation vivo NEX is the epitome of innovation. With the first one we got a full-screen design, with the second one we got full-screen design plus a second display on the back and with the NEX 3, we have another interesting take on smartphone design - curved Waterfall panel that still retains the full-screen looks and brings the curves to another level.
We've seen smartphones with curved screens before, and they've become even more popular the last two years or so, but we haven't come across a handset with such extreme curves that go almost to 90-degrees. It's the first in the industry with such panel, and there's a lengthy development process behind it.
The NEX 3 doesn't have any hardware buttons on its sides - instead, you get pressure-sensitive keys with haptic feedback.
vivo NEX 3 specs
- Body:Reinforced front curved glass, aluminum side frame
- Screen: 6.89" E3 Super AMOLED, FHD+ (1080 x 2256px) resolution.
- Camera: Primary: 64MP Samsung GW1 sensor 1/1.7", PDAF; Telephoto: 13MP f/2.5 2x optical zoom, PDAF; Ultra wide-angle: 13MP f/2.2, 120-degree FoV, PDAF with macro mode from 2.5 cm.
- Selfie cam: Motorized pop-up 16MP, f/2.1 aperture; LED flash.
- Chipset: Snapdragon 855+ (7 nm), octa-core (1x2.96 GHz Kryo 485 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 485 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 485), Adreno 640 GPU (700 MHz).
- Memory: 8/12GB RAM, 256GB UFS 3.0 built-in storage.
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie, FuntouchOS 9.1.
- Battery: 4,500 mAh 44W Super FlashCharge.
- Connectivity: Dual SIM; USB-C (USB 3.0), Wi-Fi, Buetooth 5.0, GPS, NFC. 5G support
- Misc:Under-display fingerprint reader, pressure-sensitive side buttons with haptic feedback, pop-up selfie camera.
The NEX 3 is built around 5G from the ground up. To counteract some of the drawbacks, which 5G connectivity brings, vivo has put a huge battery inside the phone. It supports fast-charging - up to 44W. Now let's take a look at what's inside the box.
Unboxing the vivo NEX 3
We were presented with a big box containing not only the smartphone itself but a couple of accessories too. Of course, the 44W-capable charger is in there with the corresponding USB-A to USB-C cable used not only for charging but for data transfer as well.
The box also carries a pair of earbuds and a faux leather case for protection but doesn't get in the way of the curved-screen design.
I dot know hw 2 appreciate da great innovation bt all thanks go 2 u
- 06 Oct 2019
Thanks for your input. gonna wait for pixel 4 to compare, (but with the design that leaked i'm not happy). I'm used to good cameras. my htc u11 still have best in class camera. Doesn't have the versatility that a P30 pro have, but what it have and do...
- 04 Oct 2019
U'll get used to the "dead pixel" and to be honest way better then having a notch in the upper middle either android or iOS smartphone. For portability/compact this one is the best as former user of the best compact in the market a few years back (Xp...
- 03 Oct 2019