vivo X60 Pro+ review
Pro+ signifies the top-of-the-line model in vivo's roster and we have this year's X60 Pro+ for you today. Headlining the (rather confusing) X60 series, the Pro+ comes with an all-out Zeiss-branded quad-camera system, a top-tier chipset, and a beautiful AMOLED display, all in a fancy (sort-of-) leather-clad body.
The camera is the X60 Pro's key selling point, featuring four focal lengths with something special about each module. It's mostly big sensors all around - the ultrawide uses a big sensor placed on a gimbal, the main unit has an even bigger sensor (gimbal - no, OIS - yes), the short 2x tele has a big sensor as teles go. Big sensors are hard to fit in a periscope tele camera, but you do get big zoom - 5x in this case.
Of course, any 2021 flagship smartphone worth its salt has to feature the Snapdragon 888 chipset, and the X60 Pro+ is no exception. The dual-curved AMOLED display is Samsung's contribution to this vivo's appeal. The one thing giving us pause is the modest battery capacity, but the vegan leather on the back suggests that looks were high on the priorities list, so a slimmer profile took precedence over autonomy.
vivo X60 Pro+ specs at a glance:
- Body: 158.6x73.4x9.1mm, 191g; Glass front, eco leather back, aluminum frame.
- Display: 6.56" Super AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1300 nits (peak), 1080x2376px resolution, 19.8:9 aspect ratio, 398ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm): Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4x1.80 GHz Kryo 680; Adreno 660.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software: Android 11, Funtouch 11.1 (International), OriginOS 1.0 (China).
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 50 MP, f/1.6, 1/1.31", 1.2µm, dual pixel PDAF, Laser AF, OIS; Ultra wide angle: 48 MP, 114˚, 1/2.0", 0.8µm, PDAF, gimbal stabilization; Telephoto: 32 MP, f/2.1, 50mm, 1/2.8", 0.8µm, PDAF, 2x optical zoom; Telephoto: 8 MP, f/3.4, 125mm, 1/4.0", PDAF, OIS, 5x optical zoom.
- Front camera: 32 MP, f/2.5, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8", 0.8µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 8K@30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60fps, gyro-EIS, HDR10+; Front camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 4200mAh; Fast charging 55W.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (under display, optical); NFC.
vivo X60 Pro+ unboxing
The X60 Pro+ showed up at our doorstep in the same premium-looking navy blue flat squarish box as the X60 Pro (non-plus). There's a likeness of a camera lens assembly printed on top as well as the model name, in large letters, plus a Zeiss logo, so you know where the lens is coming from.
Inside the box, you'll get a full set of accessories uncharacteristic of the times. A 55-watt charger is the functionally most important bit, and it comes with a matching USB-A-to-C cable. You'll also get a set of earbuds that end in a 3.5mm plug, plus a USB-C-to-3.5mm adapter, so you have somewhere to plug the headset. And to round off the list, a snap-on protective back cover is also included.
Literally the x60 pro plus are some of the best smartphones but they are not widely available. Such a mis opportunity for vivo. They should have released in more countries
- 20 Jul 2021
Wireless charging is good for flagship but no deal breaker. Qhd waste battery life and its not particurly difference with fhd when viewing from a bit far. And u shouldn't rlly go that close ot phone either. Stereo speaker is only good if u are m...
- 13 Jul 2021
The photo quality is amazing. It's near perfect, although I don't even know why they chose to downgraded the periscope camera from last years.
- 29 Jun 2021