Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro

Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro

I owned this Xiaomi Black Shark 2 Pro around more than a month. It was the 256GB with 12 GB of RAM unit, I found out, this model, I bought from a local phone store in the country I'm living in,was a unit from China. Does anyone bought a Black Shark 2 Pro, Chinese version. Got any problems after using it? I wanted to try update this phone to Android 10, is it possible? Will this phone bricked after software updates?

Anonymous, 13 Feb 2020120 hz vs 60 hz? Do enlighten us what are the games you can play at 120Hz

• Synapse

I have one of this phone and now It can be upgradable to android 10

• babak

Josh, 30 Jan 2020I do have both BS2 PRO and ROG2. I prefer to have BS2 PRO becaus... morewhats your idea about k20 pro premium? it has same specs as bs2 pro but is much cheaper.

• Josh

2GCA6301, 29 Dec 2019Hey guys I just got my chance to buy a new phone ???? So I ca... moreI do have both BS2 PRO and ROG2. I prefer to have BS2 PRO because the accessories is much cheaper than the ROG2 accessories. And for the gaming hours, I prefer the ROG2 due to 6k mAh batt. But overall, I go w/ the BS2 PRO!

• babak

2GCA6301, 29 Dec 2019Hey guys I just got my chance to buy a new phone ???? So I ca... moreboth good i have shark 2 as i needed more space and rogphone 512gb price was high for me so i bough shark 2 and satisfied with. but surely if rogphone was cheaper i would buy that. still your choice as rog phone is very tall but has wonderful battery but shark is easier to use and ilike its design more than rogphone 2

is this supposed to be pun?

• Japhet

Annelou, 21 Jan 2020Where? at the Bluetooth store where they sell blue tooth's where the retailers has blue tooth's and they blew utots

• Annelou

Anonymous, 10 Nov 2019you can buy bluetooth headsetWhere?

• Annelou

Bobbbbbb, 10 Oct 2019Nah my dude, the human eye can only percieve 69.99 hz of oxygen ... moreOpps! Smartpants alert! Based on my research the human eye can only percieve 6.9 not 69.99 hz of oxygen per liter of coke not co2. Stay in school

• Leon Volcove

The Biso Sound effect sucks. How do i fix that?

im hoping to this device to update their O.S

• Captaim Tomato

Does it still have the same notification problem?
When you turn off the screen, then after +-15min ish it force closes all your application and you cannot receive any notification (including chat notification like whatsapp, etc.) until you turn it back on and open the apps manually again.

• Alister

Hey guys
I just got my chance to buy a new phone ????
So I came here to take your advice
What do you think is better
Black shark2 pro at 12 ram /256 storage at 550$
Or
Rog phone 2 8 ram /128 storage at 565$
Please if you haven't tried any of them don't reply

So satisfied in getting this. No regrets upgrading from Pocophone:

Performance: Noticeable difference from Poco, both in speed and graphics. Try to play Asphalt 9 (just a sample) and you'll notice the difference.

Display: After 2 years of using IPS, now switching back to AMOLED. Colors are pretty much close to IPS. But it has the option to go for those punchy AMOLED colors. Viewing angles are excellent as expected from a Samsung AMOLED display. Oh, and it has the option to increase frame rate when watching videos.

Audio: Front firing, dual stereo speakers. Loud and clear. No worries holding your phone from the side, or attaching the game controller/s. No audio jack though, but there are good bluetooth headsets already out there. There's a dongle if you wanna stick with wired which I haven't tried since I'm on Airdots.

Camera: Decent enough for selfies and regular shots. Not its strong suit but you can always install Gcam. Again, its a gaming phone.

Battery: Same as my Poco hehehe. Same 4k mAh battery, but its consumption is very commendable considering this has...

BLING BLING LEDs! Looks great on Spotify at night and games as well hehehe

OS: JoyUI, not MIUI (contrary to popular opinion). Near stock Android Pie. No fuss, no muss. Oh, and disable that damn pill thing. Stock launcher sucks, but you can always install a 3rd party. Those who bought from other retailers say China ROM has been getting a regular dose of updates vs Global ROM, which this phone has. But I already got one update hehehe.

Connectivity: For some reason, this has more stable signal my Poco. It's probably because this has Band 28 🤔

That's pretty much it... Oh the bling bling LEDs! Love it! Did I already mention about it? 😅

• KODOK

How to flash this phone if software brick? Any developer?

• AnoM

CTH, 22 Nov 2019Don't buy All Friends because Xiaomi supports for black shark 2 ... moreIt has global version. My country has it officially, but is tied to telco package, has the official Google Play Store.
Of course, this is common problem with Xiaomi's smartphone where they only made these low priced high specs smartphone at some country region, not available globally, that is why it is not made to support global network.
My unit are global version with very clean and stockish UI, no ads at all. It is just another gaming phone in the crowd that is worth checking if has official presence.

• asari

CTH, 22 Nov 2019Don't buy All Friends because Xiaomi supports for black shark 2 ... moreofc! black shark is not part of xiaomi or sub brand of xiaomi.