Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G review
It all started with the Redmi Note 10 series. Xiaomi's mid-range expansion continued with the Poco X3 and F3 models. And now it seems the maker will be ending this chapter with the Mi 11 Lite duo. Today we have the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G model - the more powerful of the two versions, and 5G-enabled, of course.
Xiaomi's Mi 11 Lite 5G seems like a proper Lite model of the Mi 11 flagship. They both share similar designs, and that's the first tell. Both phones have high-end HRR OLED screens, powerful chipset and camera setups with similar capabilities.
The Mi 11 Lite 5G isn't as curved, and its OLED is the mainstream 1080p resolution, while the refresh rate maxes out at 90Hz. Then there is the SoC - it is one of the most powerful pieces of mid-range hardware, the Snapdragon 780G - but it sure isn't as fast as the Mi 11's Snapdragon 888. Finally, the main camera is 64MP instead of 108MP, and the ultrawide snapper is just 8MP instead of 13MP. Indeed, the Mi 11 Lite 5G is a product of several cost-cutting changes, but it has emerged on the other end with its high-end status unscathed, and yet, it's priced at half the Mi 11's asking price.
So, the Mi 11 Lite 5G packs a 6.55" AMOLED screen of 1080p resolution, but it's got 10-bit native color, 90Hz refresh rate, and HDR10+ support. It should run everything smoothly with the new Snapdragon 780G 5G chip (basically, a renovated Snapdragon 855) and keep doing it for a while with the 4,250mAh battery.
The Mi 11 Lite 5G, just like the Mi 11, also offers stereo speakers, 5G connectivity, can charge pretty fast, and the phone is IP53-certified for dust and splash resistance.
There is also a Mi 11 Lite 4G model, which is even cheaper - it shares most of the features with the 5G version here but is based on an inferior Snapdragon 732G chip. We will be reviewing the 4G model soon, so stay tuned for this one, too.5G vs. 4G
Anyway, here is a quick rundown of the Mi 11 Lite 5G specs.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G specs at a glance:
- Body: 160.5x75.7x6.8mm, 159g; Glass front (Gorilla Glass 6), glass back; IP53, dust and splash protection.
- Display: 6.55" AMOLED, 1B colors, HDR10+, 90Hz, 240Hz touch sampling, 500 nits (typ), 800 nits, 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 402ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM7350-AB Snapdragon 780G (5 nm): Octa-core (1x2.4 GHz Kryo 670 & 3x2.2 GHz Kryo 670 & 4x1.90 GHz Kryo 670); Adreno 642.
- Memory: 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM; UFS 2.2; microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot).
- OS/Software: Android 11, MIUI 12.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 64 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/1.97", 0.7µm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 119˚, 1/4.0", 1.12µm; Macro: 5 MP, f/2.4, AF.
- Front camera: 20 MP, f/2.2, 27mm (wide), 1/3.4", 0.8µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps; gyro-EIS; Front camera: 1080p@30/60fps, 720p@120fps.
- Battery: 4250mAh; Fast charging 33W, Quick Charge 4+, Power Delivery 3.0.
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); Infrared port; NFC.
The most notable omissions here are the 3.5mm jack and the FM radio, but at least you can still use headphones with a 3.5mm jack with the provided adapter. Update, Apr. 23: Xiaomi issued an official confirmation that Mi 11 Lite 5G is IP53-certified for dust and splash resistance.
Unboxing the Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G
The Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G comes packed within the usual black paper box. Inside, you'll find a 33W adapter, a 3A-rated USB-C-to-A cable, and a transparent silicone case.
The maker is also shipping the phone with a 3.5mm-to-USB-C adapter as the phone omits an audio jack, so you can continue to use your favorite wired headphones.
And if you want some extra protection right out of the bat, there is also this thin screen protector that ships with the phone. It's a bit cheap and is a massive smudge magnet, but hey - let's not look a gift horse in the mouth, right?
- 28 Mar 2023
That's clearly your own fault and a dumb one. How can you put it into a mic hole, when the sim tray literally has an outline displaying where it is.
- 30 Jan 2023
Bought for my son on his birthday. With the microphone hole just beside the SIM tray is confusing. I pushed the opener pin in the mic hole thinking its the hole for taking out the SIM tray. Whoever designed this device must be an amateur. Though the ...
- 26 Dec 2022
Everything is fine they must have added 129hz with dolby atoms for sound.... But they Cas do it with software update for dolby atoms buy not 120hz like they did got note 10 pro bringing atmos after updating... Macro I should get ready for competition...