Xiaomi Mi 11X Pro / Mi 11i hands-on review
The Mi 11X Pro is a more advanced version of the Mi 11X we checked out earlier this week. Although largely the same device, the Pro version swaps out the chipset and main rear camera for much better versions. Other than that, the two phones are identical - you can see how their specs compare directly.
Furthermore, the phone is available outside India under the name Xiaomi Mi 11i - it only has NFC added, which is arguably more important to Western markets than in India. Other than that, the two phones are identical.
So what exactly are we getting here? Well, the Snapdragon 870 chipset on the Mi 11X has been replaced with the flagship Snapdragon 888 chipset. Meanwhile, the main wide camera on the back, which was a 48-megapixel Sony IMX582 on the Mi 11X, is now a stonking 108-megapixel Samsung ISOCELL HM2.
The rest of the phone is indeed identical to its non-professional sibling. This means the same 6.67-inch, 1080p 120Hz AMOLED display, 8-megapixel ultra-wide camera, 5-megapixel macro camera, 20-megapixel front camera, 4520mAh battery, and 33W fast charging. You can see the more detailed recap below.
Xiaomi Mi 11X Pro specs at a glance:
- Body: 163.7x76.4x7.8mm, 196g; glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), glass back (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic frame.
- Display: 6.67" Super AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1300 nits (peak), 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 395ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SM8350 Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm): Octa-core (1x2.84 GHz Kryo 680 & 3x2.42 GHz Kryo 680 & 4x1.80 GHz Kryo 680); Adreno 660.
- Memory: 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM; UFS 3.1.
- OS/Software: Android 11, MIUI 12.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 108 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/1.52", 0.7µm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 119˚; Macro: 5 MP, f/2.4, 50mm, 1/5.0", 1.12µm.
- Front camera: 20 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1/3.4", 0.8µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 8K@30fps, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30/60/120/240/960fps, gyro-EIS, HDR10+; Front camera: 1080p@30fps, 720p@120fps.
- Battery: 4520mAh; Fast charging 33W, 100% in 52 min (advertised).
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); Infrared port.
As some of you may have guessed, this is essentially the same phone as the Redmi K40 Pro+. As with the vanilla Mi 11X, Xiaomi has just rebranded an existing device for a different market, which in this case is India.
Still, considering we haven't had a look at the Redmi K40 Pro+, we thought it would be interesting to check out the Mi 11X Pro. However, we won't be doing a review of this device, since we have already extensively covered most of this device with our Mi 11X article.
Instead, for this hands-on review, we will be focusing largely on the camera, since that's the only thing relatively new here.
The Mi 11X Pro comes in some fairly standard packaging in India. Our retail box had the phone, a 33W fast charger, a USB 2.0 cable, and a clear silicone case.
- Tech r
Does it has 1080p 960fps slo mo recording
- 12 May 2021
Anybody to buy this for me?
- 11 May 2021
Why do you need ois if the camera is good ? If I am right you're referring to Juan Bagnell's video. People complained no OIS=bad camera. Now when he proved everyone wrong people are shifting goalposts again. Good thing OnePlus is...
- 10 May 2021