Xiaomi Mi A1 (Mi 5X)

Xiaomi Mi A1 (Mi 5X)

Mi A1 User, 20 May 2020The phone is great! Running android 9. Got dark theme but nothin... moreJust updated to May2020 patch.

Regarding dark theme, go to setting, then go to display and at the bottom you would have themes. Click on it and you would get an option of Dark theme. Just select and apply. It will work.
Developers option is not required.

• Mi A1 User

The phone is great! Running android 9. Got dark theme but nothing happens. I need to go to developer in order to have dark theme. Does this happen only to me?

• Peter

Anonymous, 30 Apr 2020MIA1 is capable of running Android 10 but Xiaomi decide not to u... moreYep, I'm done with xiaomi phones now, the firmware updates in the beginning were better and one reason I chose this phone but now seem no better than the other brands.

Xiaomi camera quality and photos are terrible compared to the quality on Huawei or Samsung phones, I have checked many xiaomi phones in the stores and camera quality is awful, especially the front camera.

Never thought I would say this but soon I will be back to purchase a Samsung phone and never again purchase a Xiaomi phone.

• kib

everytime I use wifi connection it keeps pauaing every 30 sec.,..any idea why or what is the remedy?thanks

bjorg18, 30 Apr 2020My hopes for this device getting an A10 update are fading away :(MIA1 is capable of running Android 10 but Xiaomi decide not to update it due to commercial reason, I doubt Xiaomi would continue Android One program in future, probably not a worthy investment.

My hopes for this device getting an A10 update are fading away :(

April security patch are available for download.

• kib

BananaChocolate, 08 Apr 2020Go to settings and go to search. Insert "语&#35328... moreSorry the Chinese input didn't work. If you have the Chinese keyboard, insert "yu yan" then choose the first result. Then do the same thing following the last reply.

[deleted post]Go to settings and go to search. Insert "语言", then choose the first result. Then choose the first option. Press the add button and choose English input. After that, drag it to the first option with the lines on the right. Then everything will turn into English.

Sourav, 22 Mar 2020My mi A1 not supporting otg tried many cables none working my ph... moreI have similar issue as well, apparently those older Type C USB OTG doesn't work, recently I bought a new cable & it works, though the interface not as user friendly compare to that of Samsung OTG, I can't transfer few file at the same time, for Samsung i can transfer as many file as I wish.

Sourav, 22 Mar 2020My mi A1 not supporting otg tried many cables none working my ph... moreClean the charging port. Hopefully worked. I also face this issue but solved.

• Sourav

My mi A1 not supporting otg tried many cables none working my phone is android 9.Anyone having same problem pls tell.
Also give sol.

Updated to March 20 patch. No issues.

Definitely not expecting Android 10 for MiA1.
However, hope that Mi A4 turns out to be as good or better than A1.

Rajinders, 08 Mar 2020It is the my friends experience, using other brands of phones, ... moreMy 64GB Sandisk working just fine after the update, no issue, perhaps your should send your micro SD card for warranty claim.

Gursagar, 08 Mar 2020After uptdate of February My phone's left side touch is not wor... moreMy working just fine, something wrong with your phone, better sent it to service center for check up

Anonymous, 28 Feb 2020I am among the earliest buyer of MiA1, October 2017 to be precis... moreDream on, xiaomi are not going to update this phone to Android 10.

Rajinders, 08 Mar 2020It is the my friends experience, using other brands of phones, ... moreI even using 256 GB Transcend Micro SDXC in this phone without any problem so far.. Security patch level also in 1 February 2020.. :)

It is the my friends experience, using other brands of phones, and mine recent (Xiaomi Mi A1) mishap with Feb 2020 update, wherein just after update my Sandisk SD card 128 Gb is no more recognised in this phone and even by my PC......... .. that one should not update beyond two years of phones life. Many others have faced many problems (even with other brands) if they continue updating even if phone is working fine for two or more years.

• Gursagar

After uptdate of February
My phone's left side touch is not working properly