Xiaomi Mi A1 (Mi 5X)

Xiaomi Mi A1 (Mi 5X)

The performance still good in 2 years operation. Still good to playing modern game like Call of Duty and PUbg. But the multitasking isn't good.

M10, 04 Oct 2019What would be a great replacement for this device? Im already us... moreMi A1 was released in September 2017. It's just mid October 2019. Precisely it's just 2 years and 15 days old.
But you claim to be using it from 2.5 years. How is it possible?
Anyway it's a great phone and can go on for at least a year more without any issues. Till then it will be time for 5G compliant phones. I would suggest to buy any new Android One phone ( Nokia would be reliable) in 2020.
Till then have great time with mi A1.
Till this day I have had no problems with it.

• hpguru

M10, 04 Oct 2019What would be a great replacement for this device? Im already us... moreYou can go two years straight on Mi A1 also in the future. I have this one for a second year and it works. Same sim card too, not planning to do anything about this setup.

• hpguru

Android 10 to this phone, when?

User-mic, 15 Oct 2019Everybody who has problem with gps try this. Kick your phone up... moreHoly cow it does work :lol

But i just slap the upper back of my phone, get instant GPS lock, wonder how one can kick their phone ?? :lol

• User-mic

Everybody who has problem with gps try this.
Kick your phone upper backside where is gps antena. I ve found this advice on some forum and it really works. It seams it's a hardware problem. I was long time looking for solution.Tried everything. Even install custom rom and nothing helped.For info I'm on pixel rom. And what really matters my phone was never dropped. It could be a bad contact on housing.
Please somebody confirm or I m wrong.

Rajinders, 06 Oct 2019GPS connection has been a consistent issue with Mi A1 for the ... moreMy friends who own a MiA3 & a Mi9T complain the same

MiA1 has very snappy GPS back in 2017 when i first bought it, the issue begin after November 2017 update & get worsening after Oreo update on 31st December 2017, since then the issue never able to resolve till date, certain month update improves it slightly & then it get totally useless, that's why i suspect it's due to the firmware update.

GPS connection has been a consistent issue with
Mi A1 for the last 1½ years. And most of us were blaming the updates that were received during the course of two years period, but to me it looks like a hardware issue on this device.
Will someone enlighten us about GPS situation on subsequent Xiaomi devices.....

September update once again causing issue with the GPS, Google map navigation & Waze become unstable.

M10, 04 Oct 2019What would be a great replacement for this device? Im already us... moreNokia 7.2 will be a good choice if you want Android One phone, MiA3 is a lousy choice as it come with 720p screen & very slow screen finger print sensor, no sd card slot.

What would be a great replacement for this device? Im already using it for 2.5years and im looking for a replacement or using the Mi A1 for another 2 years.

Shahid Yasin, 01 Oct 2019Use Microsoft Launcher. That launcher has this capability. I alr... moreWhy download a 30MB launcher when a 1.4MB widget can do the same task... lol

You don't breed a cow just for a glass of milk do you... lol

hello_all, 18 Sep 2019thanks. I couldn't find loewe lock. So, I am using fleddging dev... moreMicrosoft launcher works better than stanwo off

Anonymous, 19 Sep 2019You can try the stanwu Off+ as recommend by another fellow here,... moreUse Microsoft Launcher. That launcher has this capability. I already use this fuction.

JJ, 29 Sep 2019Hi guys my Mi A1 keep getting a sudden shut down anyone have a s... moreProbably due to some apps you download, i have this issue back in early 2018, that was due to the problematic Oreo update, but the issue been solved in Q2 2018, the issue never recurs till today.

Or else you can check your battery, maybe is time for replacement, though Xiaomi battery are very durable, my still in perfect condition despite my phone will be 3 years in a couples of week.

• JJ

Hi guys my Mi A1 keep getting a sudden shut down anyone have a solution for this ?

• Carmanen

Peter, 18 Sep 2019Since last security update my mi a1 is very slow and especially ... moreNope if you mean after September security update.

Anu, 20 Sep 2019Hi. Today I got my phone updated with Android V 9, after that, m... moreDo a backup in Google Drive & Factory Reset the phone, (If you have important WhatsApp then do a backup for your WhatsApp as well).

• Anu

Hi. Today I got my phone updated with Android V 9, after that, my SIM got out of service, I couldn't make or receive calls. How to rectify it.

hello_all, 18 Sep 2019thanks. I couldn't find loewe lock. So, I am using fleddging dev... moreYou can try the stanwu Off+ as recommend by another fellow here, apparently this Off+ doesn't need to go thru pattern, just touch the fingerprint sensor instantly unlock, search stanwu in Google Play then download the Off+ (there are Off & Off+ choose the one with + as it compatible with fingerprint sensor).