Xiaomi Mi A1 (Mi 5X)

Xiaomi Mi A1 (Mi 5X)

on2wheels, 08 Sep 2020Yeah I'm seeing my battery acting funny now, phone is ... moreI did a full battery drain to 0% and a full charge to 100% and it's working better now. Like androidauthority.com says it's good to do a full drain and charge every few months.

• Gogo

Mashhood, 18 Sep 2020I had this phone in 4GB, 32GB.Bro my display has been broke and i want a display can u please give me yours? In return of some cash?

• Mashhood

I had this phone in 4GB, 32GB.

• yu

I have this phone, according to the characteristics it says that it only has a 4/64 gb model, but my phone is 3/32 gb, can anyone tell me what the joke is

the battery is so poor, i replaced it after one year of usage, and the replaced battery also got swelled, in addition the phone gets heated every time when charging. i don't think any replaced battery would last which is a total waste of money.

I can't charge my phone since the latest update, it charge so slow and now it can't even turned on. Is there any bug or something?

Milind, 06 Sep 2020Has anyone's device been charging very slow lately? Mi... moreYeah I'm seeing my battery acting funny now, phone is mine for over 2 years but hasnt let me down, aside from poor reception compared to other phones sometimes.

Milind, 06 Sep 2020Has anyone's device been charging very slow lately? Mi... moreTime for you to replace the battery, I got my replaced on the second year.

• Milind

Has anyone's device been charging very slow lately? Mine is on the August Patch, complete stock and the time to charge from 30% to 100% has increased a lot. i mean it took 90mins to go from 30% to 90%

• Clarrie

SONIKA, 24 Aug 2020i tried to rest my device bt it shows this message and my s... moreWere you able to recover the phone. I am also facing same problem

on2wheels, 31 Aug 2020As good as this phone was and still is, after using a newer... moreDon't forget the really bad GPS, easily spoilt power button & volume rocker, battery that only last for 2 years, very poor low light photo.

As good as this phone was and still is, after using a newer 6mon old phone of a different brand I can easily say the reception of the MiA1 is one of it's only poor points.

Even I am looking for above two options. iPhone is also on mind.

However, Mi A1 have never disappointed me. It would be 3 years that I am using this phone. And probably August patch is the last one in the line with no other update in future.

However, I will continue to use Mi A1 as an experiment phone and would flash it with custom ROMs for latest Android iterations.

• SONIKA

i tried to rest my device bt it shows this message and my screen got freezed while using you tube
what to do now

Supported API: 3 E: Failed to clear BCB message: failed to fsync /dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc: Operation not permitted

--Wiping data...

Formatting /data...

Rajinders, 21 Aug 2020My Mi A1 is going to complete three years in about 30 days ... moreEither Moto or Pixel.

I replaced my battery on 2nd year & I use on screen lock button & volume button (so I hardly use the physical button) experience from Xiaomi phone I used previously where the physical button tense to wear off within 2-3 years.

My Mi A1 is going to complete three years in about 30 days time.
Battery, power and volume switches are troubling now.
Waited for an Android One from Xiaomi but they have disappointed by discontinuing Android One program. So bye to Xiaomi as I have decided to look for pure Android experience elsewhere .. from other manufacturers.
Any suggestions.

Anonymous, 20 Aug 2020After using MiA1 for nearly 3 years I decide to let it rest... moreI think you should try custom ROMs, if you like variety in terms of features.

I have a spare Moto G3 phone where I use custom ROMs. I change its ROM every week.

Once a buy a new phone, even MiA1 of mine will be up for custom ROMs.

However, for regular usage I still prefer Pure Android. No nonsense and I get my stuff done without the need for any additional features in terms of software.

Vic4BBM, 18 Aug 2020Samsung goes overboard in the name of making it more featur... moreAfter using MiA1 for nearly 3 years I decide to let it rest for good & return to Samsung, I was a great experience to use Samsung One UI once more, I'll not return to Stock Android anytime soon, it was a terrible experience with minimalist stock Android, often i need to look for 3rd party apps to compensate the lack of many features I need for daily use, One UI is currently the best Android UI I have use it had everything I need.

Peter, 17 Aug 2020I recently bought a samsung A51 and hate it, much prefer th... moreSamsung goes overboard in the name of making it more feature rich. This is a huge problem when coupled with delayed software updates. More than half of the time you are spending on updating the Samsung apps which you cannot delete, which are occupying the space and are actually duplicating the functions already available on Google apps.

That's why I prefer Pure Android OS phones.

• Peter

Vic4BBM, 13 Aug 2020Monthly patches will stop once Android 11 is released. So ... moreI recently bought a samsung A51 and hate it, much prefer the mi a1 except for its camera and it has been the perfect phone for the last 2 years.