Xiaomi Mi A1 (Mi 5X)

Xiaomi Mi A1 (Mi 5X)

Anonymous, 12 Jul 20202 years update mean since the phone been launched, not sin... moreYes - it was launched with year old Nougat when Oreo was already released. And Android 10 falls within 2 years since phone launch.
By your thinking Xiaomi could have released it with Android 1, updated to Nougat next day and called it 9 years of support.

Finally I had it with MiA1 let it retired gracefully, the gps really useless, constantly losing signals & slow, many times it can't even log into position, got myself a Samsung & the GPS worked perfectly, no more Xiaomi for me.

petter44, 10 Jul 2020What can we, as users, do about this? We were cheated on a... more2 years update mean since the phone been launched, not since you bought it, the phone launch in 2017 with Nougat then update to Oreo & Finally Pie, you can't expect if simeone bought it in 2019 then compliant zero update since it doesn't get Android 10 & 11... lol

Anyway is 3 years budget phone & it's time to move on.

You should be thankful since the phone still gets monthly security patch, no other phone will give such long term updates.

retent, 10 Jul 2020A1 came with Android 7 but Android 8 was already out at the... moreI bought MiA1 during October 2017 & gets
Oreo update NY end of 2017, then Pie, so is legit 2 major update.

• petter44

Shshny, 27 Feb 2020The differance between true professional companies and begi... moreWhat can we, as users, do about this?
We were cheated on and given only one year of android version upgrades instead of two. Imagine what would happen if I stopped paying for my phone after paying only half the price. Why are big companies allowed this without consequences? Why nobody run an article about it?
Don't buy Xiaomi and spread word about what they did.

• retent

NightSpace, 13 Jun 2020As far as I've known, Xiaomi only support the android versi... moreA1 came with Android 7 but Android 8 was already out at the time. Year later we got Android 9. Android 10 came within 2 years. So where is the update? Instead of 2 years of promised updates we got only one. How about next time Xiaomi release phone with two versions old Android, then update it next day to current and call it a day because 'you got your two major updates'.

• Peter

Anonymous, 05 Jul 2020Use fingerprint scanner at the back or you can set tilt pho... moreThanks, I will try those.

Shahid Yasin, 06 Jul 2020After June Update. Wifi problem. Always show wifi sign with... moreNever experienced such issue, probably some restrictions from the wifi host.

Karin, 05 Jul 2020After the June 2020 security update my mi a1 has an issue, ... moreHave the same issue few months ago, I too noticed my screen been push up by the bloated battery, had it replaced & problem solved.

After June Update. Wifi problem. Always show wifi sign with cross social apps works but other like Google Chrome and youtube not work. Not always but some time.

• Karin

After the June 2020 security update my mi a1 has an issue, the phone charges very slowly. I changed the cables and adapter its no use it still charges very slowly....what should i do, is my become weak

• mc

Anonymous, 05 Jul 2020No such function, look like you don't own or use this ... moreI am using a custom rom with Android 10 and I thought I will be in pie but I guess I was wrong.

• mia1 user

my mia1 phone keep lagging. it periodically said google framework stopped, and basically any other apps was stopped everytime i use it. it restart automatically about 3-4 times a day. is there any way to fix it without factory reset? should i upgrade to the newest software update? i still use the nougat version

mc, 04 Jul 2020You can try searching in settings "tap to wake" a... moreNo such function, look like you don't own or use this phone, stop giving self imagery advice.

Peter, 01 Jul 2020Can anyone please advise how they wake their phone up from ... moreUse fingerprint scanner at the back or you can set tilt phone to wake.

• mc

Peter, 01 Jul 2020Can anyone please advise how they wake their phone up from ... moreYou can try searching in settings "tap to wake" and if you find something like double tap your screen check that option.

Dipesh, 29 Jun 2020Any official MIUI rom (not custom rom) with OTA update supp... moreThis is Android One phone. It has a twin Mi5x which has MIUI and is available only in China. But again Chinese versions do not have play store services.

You can port that version, but that is possible only after bootloader unlocking.

• Peter

Can anyone please advise how they wake their phone up from sleep, does one have to press the vol buttons wake the phone or is there other ways.

• mi a1 user

Peter, 24 Jun 2020My volume buttons are giving trouble, have to press many ti... moreYeah, button has been really problematic. Currently using apps to lock/unlock phone and for volume meter.

• Dipesh

Peter, 26 Jun 2020Well done Xiaomi. June 2020 security update available.Any official MIUI rom (not custom rom) with OTA update support for MI A1?? I really wanted to push Stable version of MIUI on MI A1. Search most website but no success. Please lemme know