Xiaomi Mi A1 (Mi 5X)

Xiaomi Mi A1 (Mi 5X)

Vic4BBM, 14 Jul 2020Please stop correcting others and learn to correct your own... moreYou wrote it like this to make the impression that Mi A1 came earlier - which is not true.

I was promised something - which was not delivered. Will never buy Xiaomi again.

Another 69 days from now on and it shall be 3 years with this wonderful software of Mi A1. ... barring that the Power button is almost failing most of the time and Volume Up button not working ..but software in this Pie is still fluid .... if only Xiaomi could provide better power volume buttons.

If 6Gb Ram 128 gb memory model comes in Mi A4 ...then definitely I am going for it.

Vic4BBM, 14 Jul 2020Please stop correcting others and learn to correct your own... moreHe bought the phone late to enjoy discount, but can't enjoy the 2 major update, as the saying one can't have the cake & ate it at the same time... lol

wertytt, 14 Jul 2020"Android 8 was released in August 2017. This phone was... morePlease stop correcting others and learn to correct your own thinking and attitude.
Read and understand the matter before you reply.

If you feel Android One is not good than its ok. You should not buy. But then if you still want to buy and keep complaining, then it's no point.

I will complete 3 years with Mi A1 and till this day I have had not a single problem, not even wifi issues or gps issues or anything or any battery drain issue or anything.

Vic4BBM, 13 Jul 2020This phone was launched in September 2017 with Nougat. And... more"Android 8 was released in August 2017. This phone was launched in September 2017 with Nougat [7]."
Corrected this for you - last time I checked August was before September in the calendar.
Whole Android One from Xiaomi is a joke. Check how late updates are on other Xiaomi Android One phones. And how many thing are broken. Android 9 is broken on Mi A1 - things like wifi and gps - and will never be fixed. They had whole year and did nothing. And Android 10 never arrived despite being within promised 2 year period.

wertytt, 12 Jul 2020Yes - it was launched with year old Nougat when Oreo was al... moreThis phone was launched in September 2017 with Nougat. Android 8 was released in August 2017.

Mi A1 was updated to Android 8 in Dec 2017. That's quite decent and quick update. Even Android 9 was updated on an acceptable time line. It's a decent Android One phone at a reasonable prices.

If quicker version update is only thing then Pixels, One+ phones should be preferred.

It's always better to get an update once new version matures a bit in its life cycle. That's why getting an update from few months after release of a new OS version is absolutely a good choice.

• Luvpii

Still using this Phone, Just because the pink colour. There is no android with pink colour like this 😅

Anonymous, 12 Jul 20202 years update mean since the phone been launched, not sin... moreYes - it was launched with year old Nougat when Oreo was already released. And Android 10 falls within 2 years since phone launch.
By your thinking Xiaomi could have released it with Android 1, updated to Nougat next day and called it 9 years of support.

Finally I had it with MiA1 let it retired gracefully, the gps really useless, constantly losing signals & slow, many times it can't even log into position, got myself a Samsung & the GPS worked perfectly, no more Xiaomi for me.

petter44, 10 Jul 2020What can we, as users, do about this? We were cheated on a... more2 years update mean since the phone been launched, not since you bought it, the phone launch in 2017 with Nougat then update to Oreo & Finally Pie, you can't expect if simeone bought it in 2019 then compliant zero update since it doesn't get Android 10 & 11... lol

Anyway is 3 years budget phone & it's time to move on.

You should be thankful since the phone still gets monthly security patch, no other phone will give such long term updates.

retent, 10 Jul 2020A1 came with Android 7 but Android 8 was already out at the... moreI bought MiA1 during October 2017 & gets
Oreo update NY end of 2017, then Pie, so is legit 2 major update.

• petter44

Shshny, 27 Feb 2020The differance between true professional companies and begi... moreWhat can we, as users, do about this?
We were cheated on and given only one year of android version upgrades instead of two. Imagine what would happen if I stopped paying for my phone after paying only half the price. Why are big companies allowed this without consequences? Why nobody run an article about it?
Don't buy Xiaomi and spread word about what they did.

• retent

NightSpace, 13 Jun 2020As far as I've known, Xiaomi only support the android versi... moreA1 came with Android 7 but Android 8 was already out at the time. Year later we got Android 9. Android 10 came within 2 years. So where is the update? Instead of 2 years of promised updates we got only one. How about next time Xiaomi release phone with two versions old Android, then update it next day to current and call it a day because 'you got your two major updates'.

• Peter

Anonymous, 05 Jul 2020Use fingerprint scanner at the back or you can set tilt pho... moreThanks, I will try those.

Shahid Yasin, 06 Jul 2020After June Update. Wifi problem. Always show wifi sign with... moreNever experienced such issue, probably some restrictions from the wifi host.

Karin, 05 Jul 2020After the June 2020 security update my mi a1 has an issue, ... moreHave the same issue few months ago, I too noticed my screen been push up by the bloated battery, had it replaced & problem solved.

After June Update. Wifi problem. Always show wifi sign with cross social apps works but other like Google Chrome and youtube not work. Not always but some time.

• Karin

After the June 2020 security update my mi a1 has an issue, the phone charges very slowly. I changed the cables and adapter its no use it still charges very slowly....what should i do, is my become weak

• mc

Anonymous, 05 Jul 2020No such function, look like you don't own or use this ... moreI am using a custom rom with Android 10 and I thought I will be in pie but I guess I was wrong.

• mia1 user

my mia1 phone keep lagging. it periodically said google framework stopped, and basically any other apps was stopped everytime i use it. it restart automatically about 3-4 times a day. is there any way to fix it without factory reset? should i upgrade to the newest software update? i still use the nougat version