Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Premium

Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro Premium

• Waker

I've had this phone since November 2019. (Premium version).

In terms of specs, the HDR OLED screen, the 12gb of ram, 512gb of storage and an overclocked CPU are an insane combo.
Speaking of the Oled screen, the Premium version only has Widevine L3, but with xiaomi.eu rom (sadly it stopped being updated since Nov 2021) it gets patched back to L1 so I can watch netflix 1080p HDR.
I absolutely cannot live with a punchole camera or without a headphone jack so this is the perfect phone for me.

I do agree with someone before that said a OIS would be amazing but that's the only thing I'd improve on it.

If you're unsure weather to buy this phone or not, do it. You won't regret it.
I still recommend it to people to buy 2nd hand.

• Still cool

This phone still rocks even in 2022. full screen view is still a top choice for me. no notches, no punch holes.

• Benetsu

This phone is absolutely phenomenal, still going strong with MIUI 12.5 Enhanced Edition. It seems that I will continue using it because K50 will have punch hole front camera... I just can't go back to not having a full screen experience. Pop up camera is the way to go.

So today is my 2nd year of owing this phone. I set it my calendar for no reason and notified me today about it.
All i can say is i made the best decision of buying this phone. It get updates which i totally like, I remember it being upgraded to 12.5.1 version maybe about 2-3 months ago? not sure, But yeah, I get updates. All is still working perfectly. I work in a construction company and i dropped the phone so many times, in sands, concrete etc.. A very good case (nillkin) served well protecting my phone. I consumed around 7-9 screen protectors due to those drops or the thumb scratches i made due to playing so much of mobile legends.

I am recently looking to buy a new phone, I was planning to buy Realme GT 5G but then I noticed that realme has been releasing a lot of phones which i totally don't like. GT GT 5g(march), neo(april), neo flash(June), gt master (july) , gt Explorer master((July), neo 2(September), (neo 2T upcoming). I just checked now the versions and the month released, That's pretty annoying. I realized that there's a possibility that they will not be able to update the phone in the future especially the bug fixes.

I guess i will buy the K40 ultra or the K50(upcoming) based on my experience with my current phone Redmi K20 Pro Premium.

piggy, 30 Jun 2021does anyone have the problem with their motorized front cam... moreThe Pop-up camera quality is GREAT from this phone, drop a few times and nothing happened, and the camera has an option for accidental falls it will hide automatically if the phone is falling.

My current phone after 1 year of usage (Mostly gaming) is still a BEAST, the pictures are beautiful as well (could use an OIS tho), the speakers are great and the frontal mechanical camera is great but the velocity at with pop-up is kinda slow.
The only downfall is the UFS 2.1 that is getting old with some modern games, aside from that is the BEST mobile Xiaomi/Remi created in 2019.
It got Android 11 with MIUI 12.5 but for GAMERS BEWARE: you cannot access Android Folder DATA and OBB on Android 11 at least from native way.

• Oftech

piggy, 30 Jun 2021does anyone have the problem with their motorized front cam... moreNot a single problem been using it for more than 2 years now

piggy, 30 Jun 2021does anyone have the problem with their motorized front cam... moreI've my oneplus 7 pro with same type pop-up cam for 3 years now. Drop couple of time even cracked the screen for a bit but the cam is still good.

• piggy

does anyone have the problem with their motorized front camera in long term use? I want to buy this phone but i often get video call 3-5x a day lol

Anonymous, 24 Mar 2021Looks like no android 11 for this modelIt has mine just updated it to 11

• Poom

Holly, 19 Mar 2021Just ordered a 512gb model advertised as pro edition but mu... moreHi mate, from where did you order? Cheers

Holly, 19 Mar 2021Just ordered a 512gb model advertised as pro edition but mu... moreI have the 512GB K20 Pro with 12GB RAM. Last OTA update us Miui Global 12 0.4.0, based on Android 10.

Holly, 19 Mar 2021Just ordered a 512gb model advertised as pro edition but mu... moreLooks like no android 11 for this model

• Holly

yoyo, 06 Feb 2021last year I ordered "K20 pro premium Edition" - t... moreJust ordered a 512gb model advertised as pro edition but must be premium model as pro model does not come with a 512gb variant.Anyone know if premium edition will get android 11? I am in UK.

yoyo, 06 Feb 2021last year I ordered "K20 pro premium Edition" - t... moreso wahat's the main reason that u want update ur Miui Rom

the current miui version on ur phone, does it have any lag or issue?????

or u just curious about it

don't be curious just joy from current version miui rom on ur phone.
P.S: update phones that past 5months of release them in market its not right.

• Sol

yoyo, 06 Feb 2021last year I ordered "K20 pro premium Edition" - t... morei was like you ; just flash it with mi9t pro rom . done. ( they are same)

• yoyo

last year I ordered "K20 pro premium Edition" - the sender sent me the chinese version by mistake and ebay didn't let me contact him - I just installed GMS and choose english language
Will I have a problem if I update to 12.5 ? it is a chinese version but has snapdragon 855+

aside from that, it is a great phone!!!

• Bonjing

bison, 23 Sep 2020the k20 pro premium is able to upgrade to the new MIUI 12 i... morecheck this out, new update roll out miui 12

KERO, 29 Jun 2020I have a problem the resolution of photo decreases when I s... moreSending your picture as a document preserves photo quality.

• Veyron

Aaron, 18 Jul 2020Hello kabayans where i would buy global rom of redmi k20... moreNo Global ROM available Kabayan CN version lng.