Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 review
One of the most popular mid-range series globally, the Redmi Note, recently got an upgrade. We've already reviewed the Redmi Note 10 Pro and found it to be an excellent handset, so it's now time to turn our heads to the vanilla Note 10. We are talking about the non-5G version here, though.
We know this sounds confusing, and we don't blame you. The Redmi Note 10 lineup is once again a bit of a mess when it comes to naming. Luckily for you, we got the better Redmi Note 10 as the 5G model sacrifices many good features in favor of 5G. Instead, the standard Redmi Note 10 focuses on what's important, and it's arguably the better value for most users, seeing how 5G still isn't a big thing in most countries.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 specs at a glance:
- Body: 160.5x74.5x8.3mm, 179g; Gorilla Glass 3 front, plastic back and frame; IP53, dust and splash protection (market/region dependent).
- Display: 6.43" Super AMOLED, 450 nits (typ), 1100 nits (peak), 1080x2400px resolution, 20:9 aspect ratio, 409ppi.
- Chipset: Qualcomm SDM678 Snapdragon 678 (11 nm): Octa-core (2x2.2 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6x1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver); Adreno 612.
- Memory: 64GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM; UFS 2.2; microSDXC (dedicated slot).
- OS/Software: Android 11, MIUI 12.
- Rear camera: Wide (main): 48 MP, f/1.8, 26mm, 1/2.0", 0.8µm, PDAF; Ultra wide angle: 8 MP, f/2.2, 118˚, 1/4.0", 1.12µm; Macro: 2 MP, f/2.4; Depth: 2 MP, f/2.4.
- Front camera: 13 MP, f/2.5, (wide), 1/3.06", 1.12µm.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 5000mAh; Fast charging 33W, 50% in 25 min, 100% in 74 min (advertised).
- Misc: Fingerprint reader (side-mounted); FM radio, recording; Infrared port; 3.5mm jack, No NFC.
The non-5G version of the Redmi Note 10's main appeal would be the Super AMOLED screen with high peak brightness, the competent camera setup, the big, fast-charging battery and the stereo loudspeakers. The Redmi Note 10 5G, on the other hand, settles for an IPS panel, it misses on the fast charging tech and the stereo speakers.
And even though the Redmi Note 10 skips some of the premium Redmi Note 10 Pro features such as Gorilla Glass 5 build, 120Hz OLED panel and a better 108MP main camera, it has its own reasons to exist. It's still considerably cheaper (good price segmentation on behalf of Xiaomi), and it's also compact, going by today's standards. The 6.43-inch screen will definitely attract some potential buyers looking for something more portable. That's a rare find these days.
The only pitfall we can see by skimming the specs sheet is the lack of NFC. It's 2021 already, and even low-end devices offer NFC because contactless payments are becoming increasingly popular in many markets. Not having a simple NFC antenna can be a potential deal-breaker for a large group of users.
But for those of you who can't benefit from the 5G connectivity and contactless payments in your country, the Redmi Note 10 might just be the right handset for you. We are about to see how the brand new Snapdragon 678 SoC performs and how great the rather compact 6.43-inch OLED panel really is. It already sounds like a giid bargain with a starting price of just €199.
Unboxing the Xiaоmi Redmi Note 10
The retail box isn't special by any means. It contains the usual user manuals, a USB-A to USB-C cable for data transfer and charging, a transparent silicone case, which is pretty hard to put on and remove, and a charging brick rated at 33W.
- 14 Jan 2022
Yea.. although the AOD notification is only lights up once and then off. So, after that, we still don't know whether there's a new notification or not, except if we set it to shows on the locked screen.
- 14 Jan 2022
No.But AOD is it.
- 05 Jan 2022