Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 review
Redmi Note 7 lineup is the first one branded only as "Redmi," and the sub-brand company wants to come in strong. It advertises flagship-worthy build quality, great 48MP main camera on the back and powerful enough SoC no matter which Redmi 7 device you choose - the vanilla Redmi 7, the bigger Note 7 or the Pro. The one we have with us is the Redmi Note 7 - perhaps the most sought after model due to its low price and big screen.
The Redmi Note 7 is an embodiment of Xiaomi's philosophy when it comes to smartphones, and the Redmi phones have become the benchmark for mid-range devices. And one would argue that the mid-range segment has seen the biggest improvement over the years with the ever declining prices of components and tech. It will be interesting to see whether the Redmi Note 7 was able to benefit from that and whether it will match the success of its predecessors.
Xiaomi Redmi Note7 specs
- Body:159.2 x 75.2 x 8.1 mm, 186 grams, Gorilla Glass 5 back, polycarbonate side frame.
- Screen:6.3" IPS LCD, 1080 x 2340px resolution (19.5:9); ~409 ppi.
- Chipset:Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm) chipset: octa-core CPU (4x2.2 GHz Kryo 260 & 4x1.8 GHz Kryo 260); Adreno 512.
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 64GB built-in storage, microSD slot support (takes the second SIM slot).
- OS: Android 9.0 Pie; MIUI 10.
- Rear camera: 48MP f/1.8, 1/2", 0.8µm, PDAF support, 5MP depth sensor, LED flash; 1080p@30/60/120fps video recording, EIS.
- Front camera: 13MP, 1080p@30fps video recording.
- Battery: 4,000mAh, Quick Charge 4.0 support 18W (9V/2A).
- Connectivity: Dual-SIM; LTE Cat.12 download/ Cat.13 upload, Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band MIMO, 2x2 antennas, GPS; Bluetooth 5.0, USB-C 2.0.
- Misc: Rear-mounted fingerprint reader, FM radio support.
We would also like to investigate the differences and similarities between the Redmi Note 7 and the Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite. They both have the same chipset, screen size and are closely priced. However, the Redmi Note 7 has a bigger battery and perhaps, a better camera. But we can't judge only by the specs sheet, right? Let's dig in.
Unboxing the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
The unit comes in a standard white box with Redmi's branding on top - it doesn't say Xiaomi anywhere, but it does advertise the extended 18-month warranty in China. Redmi is confident in its product's quality and extends the warranty of the handset with six additional months.
Anyway, the box also contains the usual user manuals, the USB-A to USB-C cable for file transfer and charging, a charging brick and a semi-transparent silicone case. But keep in mind that the smartphone supports Quick Charge 4.0 speeds while the included adapter maxes out at 5V/2A so you will have to look for a QC 3 or QC 4-capable brick to enjoy faster charging.
Special thanks to HonorBuy for providing the review unit.
Got it for like 5+ people including me. All happy even after 3 years of usage. One had to replace battery and it will still last 2 more years easily.
- 30 Mar 2022
very good phone . i used it for two years now.
- 15 Jan 2022
- aman thapa
after updating my redmi 7 devices my whole apps not working which are supported by google apps like gmail,google photos,playstore watsapp and even my gps not working..this is the main issue in redmi and xiaomi devices...after knowing all the issue re...
- 14 Jan 2022