ZTE nubia Z60 Ultra

• D
  • Drivefast71
  • X9x
  • 19 Feb 2024

I just got this phone a few days ago. I got the U.S. version of the 16/512 in black. All-in-all, it's a really good phone. Solid build. Great specs. Rear cam is fantastic. The screen size is only a fraction off from the Galaxy S23 Ultra, so great screen size. The phone is a little thicker than most phones. I haven't had a phone this thick in almost a decade. I understand it's to house the 6,000mah battery, but still... very thick. Something to get used to over time... I hope. The phone back is very slippery (same with the Axon 40 Ultra), but... it comes with a case. The case that comes with the phone is weird, though. What a silly case. Why not just use the basic, flat, thin, clear TPU that came with all the other phones?! Very odd. But, hey, still a free case. You don't see that on many phones anymore. ONLY major drawback I can see here is... the UDC is VERY noticeable with certain color backgrounds. Like, when browsing the internet, the "almost black" background of the Chrome browser CLEARLY shows the UDC. There's no avoiding it. There 'is' a setup in settings to adjust the 'tiny screen' (under "display" in settings) but... unfortunately... it doesn't solve the issue. They did a MUCH MUCH better job of hiding the UDC on the Axon 40 Ultra. NO idea why Gen-5 version is worse than Gen-4. Honestly, it's a little discouraging. Not quite sure if I will stay in this phone, or go back to my Axon 40, to be honest. I bought the phone for 'zero' UDC visibility. Not "most times" hidden.

Also, for those of you who like to seriously customize and use a 3rd party launcher, like Nova with Kustom Widgets, keep in mind- the top 1/4" of the screen is UNcustomizable. Your wallpaper will cover it, yes, but if you try an add a Kustom Widget, it will not let you touch that top 1/4" area of screen with that widget. So, whatever you have planned for that top 1/4" will need to be incorporated in the wallpaper... so obviously... no moving/changing items in that area.

So, good phone. Good specs. Good screen. Excellent battery. But, definitely NOT an improvement over the Axon 40 Ultra. I hate to say this but... for those of you with OCD about your screen... think twice on this once.

Shame. I had high hopes for this phone.

• dWP
    • 19 Feb 2024

• n
      • nubia love
      • dZ8
      • 18 Feb 2024

Okanship, 18 Feb 2024Thank you for the reply. I can't believe such a phone ... moreyou can use "fossify gallery" or Miui ones instead of google one

MrSTTEK, 17 Feb 2024Google photos is the default.Thank you for the reply. I can't believe such a phone like this has no gallery app itself. Big disappointment at my side. I am thinking about returning the phone just because of this reason. Even tho i really like the phone and i don't want to deal with google photoes. Just too confusing.

Hi everyone, does anybody know why there is no photo album gallery in this phone? Or am i not finding it? I had to download google gallery app to see my pictures. How come this not be installed in the phone? I am going crazy. I love organizing my pics and albumes etc... Please help 😢

Okanship, 17 Feb 2024Hi there, just got mine today after waiting long time. Very... moreGoogle photos is the default.

MRSTEK, 05 Feb 2024Got an int'l version for myself. Anyone wanna ask some... moreHi there, just got mine today after waiting long time. Very exited. Got the global version. My major problem, where is the photo gallery? I looked everywhere and just can't find it 😢

Anonymous, 15 Feb 2024no physcial buttons, no detachable antenna - no buy yest... more🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• u
                    • user123
                    • KRW
                    • 16 Feb 2024

MrSTTEK, 12 Feb 2024I never used this function before, tried today. There is on... moreYoutube pip only for paid user.

• swI
                      • 15 Feb 2024

Azlaanariyan00, 10 Feb 2024no micro sd card no headphones jack no buy 💢😡no physcial buttons, no detachable antenna - no buy

yesterdayers living in the past

• y6V
                        • 14 Feb 2024

Don't waste your time here waiting for the review. There's a full review available at notebookcheck. They even have camera comparison there.

• f
                          • finch
                          • LaC
                          • 14 Feb 2024

Azlaanariyan00, 10 Feb 2024no micro sd card no headphones jack no buy 💢😡Are you upset they don't comply with your wishes? Stick to the midrange that still have headphone jack. SD card is just gone from any flagship. Sometimes I wonder why people comment without any substance.

• gML
                            • 14 Feb 2024

question man, 11 Feb 2024hey bro! is there a picture in picture mode on the z60,... moreI want Nubia z60 ultra
                            1TB 24 ram

• B
                              • Brad4ed
                              • MNx
                              • 14 Feb 2024

Hi there, is anyone know where can I find black & white app icon pack and how to install and run on the phone? Everything I can find is some colourful icons and themes, which is crazy.
                              Thanks in advance.

question man, 11 Feb 2024hey bro! is there a picture in picture mode on the z60,... moreIt's hidden deep inside the function but YouTube is working. It only works for selected apps

question man, 11 Feb 2024hey bro! is there a picture in picture mode on the z60,... moreI never used this function before, tried today. There is one PiP mode in settings, but it is not working.

• q
                                    • question man
                                    • ysI
                                    • 11 Feb 2024

MrSTTEK, 11 Feb 2024"Street Mode" in camera will force the software t... morehey bro!

is there a picture in picture mode on the z60, especially on youtube?

thank you!

• e
                                      • eyfrank
                                      • LB4
                                      • 11 Feb 2024

Is it possible to duplicate screens by cable?

finch, 10 Feb 2024I understand now. This is just software optimisation, no wo... more"Street Mode" in camera will force the software to use telephoto sensor though. Digital zoom is disabled in this mode if you use native focus length.