Android 4.3 reaches UK Samsung Galaxy S III
The international version of the Samsung Galaxy S III has already received the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean treatment in several regions and now the UK is joining the list. The new firmware is seeding to all the third-generation Galaxy S smartphone users across the United Kingdom.
The Android 4.3 update brings all the goodness that was seen on the international version. Here's the changelog for it:
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (faster UI)
- ANT+ Support
- Core UI elements get the new TouchWiz look (not widgets and icons though)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Display modes: Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Center
- Tabbed Settings UI
- Implementation of Voice controls
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice
The software update notification will pop-up on your smartphone and in case you missed it, the new firmware can be downloaded from the Settings > About device > Software update option.
Thanks Jed Spink, for sending this in!