Apple iPhone 3G

Apple iPhone 3G

• Sir Josiah

Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970Yeah man, he's been quite sick for a while. He wasn't able to deliver last January's MacWorld Expo keynote for the first time in 11 years.

Our prayers are with you Mr Jobs.

Sir Josiah

• Sir Josiah

phone user 333, 08 Feb 2009Whats to research? It is not a matter of me doing research, it i... moreMy email works fine. I'd say its your email provider thats having issues not sending information to the respective servers. I run my Yahoo account, my MobileMe and an OptusNet one for work and they all work fine. I receive the emails, and I reply. Admittedly, sometimes they don't come through instantaneously and I need to open the Mail app to request them, but that only takes a few seconds.

If something is that urgent you can use another great feature of the iPhone and actually call the person. Or if they are in a meeting, SMS them. Its not called the iMail.

Sir Josiah

phone user 333, 08 Feb 2009Whats to research? It is not a matter of me doing research, it i... moreI have no issues with my email

Gmail, Yahoo, My ISP, Fastmail and my company's exchange account.

The emails are there every 15 minutes, attachments open fine.

Word, Excel, Powerpoint and PDF.

All the settings were either there or I copied them from Outlook.

Kid's toy?

I can use SSH and telnet to access my companies servers and work on them without having to go back to my office.

Have a look at some of the business related Apps, there are thousands, medical, account and record keeping, remote access, etc.

This is a very effective tool if you know how to use it.

• Secouric

I must agree the Iphone is most definitely a kids toy. Fun applications, browsing experience and user interface is its selling point. I love the phone, but due to its many shortfalls, I switch between phones.

• Alex

I realy hate the bluetooth you cant send files

• first time user

what do u mean jailbreak??

explain to me pls...
thnks

• phone user 333

Whats to research? It is not a matter of me doing research, it is a matter of Apple making false claims.

All I want the phone to do is to provide internet access and provide reliable email, even if it is using pull. The phone is supposed to reliably contact the pop server, It is supposed to reliably contact the smtp server. It does neither of the two reliably. IT IS ALWAYS HIT AND MISS. On top of that the service providers and apple have the phone operation so restricted that there is virtually no DIGITAL services inter operability between international service providers, the phone part is OK though.

I have not seen anything on the internet that clearly states that there is an email reliability problem. Even the iphone tech supports confirms the issues, this is after you bought the phone, screw around for weeks to trying to get it working correctly after which you cannot return it.

If the thing did email like it is advertised to do and the international issue was resolved I would be happy as it appears to be more stable than the RIM products plus the internet access is much better than RIM. As noted the RIM DO and have CONSISTENTLY crashed at least once per week with heavy usage. I have had several of the RIM phones and my employees have them also. ALL OF THEM CRASH. As I said I am no fan of RIM but when compared to the crappy Iphone for email then they are a far better option. At least if you reset the blackbery to recover from crash the email works again.

As I said, the Iphone is a kids toy as is seems to play games, music and accesses internet quite well. It should be marketed for what it is - a kids toy, not marketed as a PDA for anything that is important. The phone companies should do the same.

If you are young and If you want an excuse not to do your work, then go ahead and get an I phone for email. I have one employee who has one, he never answers his email, I guess that the Iphone is the reason. I sent him his pink slip via regular mail.

• dinesh kumar

after 2 days of purchase iphone i had updated and thereafter i cannot use the unit, it says insert the correct sim and restore.

please help me to sort it out this problem

• zee

Anonymous, 08 Feb 2009I have no problems with mine either, the customer satisfaction r... morePlease! Can any 1 tell me that I Phone is MMS enabled OR Not ? bcz m gona purchase that & MMS is realy important tool 4 my Buz taks ?

• viks

Pepsi, 08 Feb 2009Plug it into iTunes and restore it to what it was before you tri... moreis it safe to jailbreak....
means will it work proprly..

Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970let me thin emmmm NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phone user 333, 08 Feb 2009Do NOT buy this phone if you have used something like the blackb... moreYou need three things to get email to work:-

1. Username
2. Password
3. Server name although it's already supplied for some services e.g. Gmail, Yahoo etc.

I don't see why you'd need tech support.

phone user 333, 08 Feb 2009Do NOT buy this phone if you have used something like the blackb... moreI found the email to be very easy to set up and use.

GMail and Yahoo just need the username and password, for my ISP I added the server name.

For Exchange I just copied the settings out of Outlook.

When you set up exchange it changes the phone password to the exchange password complete with letters and numbers, you can't unlock the phone without it.

No problems with syncing 5000+ contacts, Word, Excel, Powerpoint and PDF attachments all open.

• Pepsi

Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970You obviously didn't do your research before purchasing it. iPhone was NEVER a business phone. Just because it has an email function doesn't mean it can do what a BlackBerry can. Many phones can do email but you wouldn't call them a business device for that, would you?

Look at the specs, read the reviews and you will see what it is strong at and where it is lacking.

It's a great entertainment device, but BlackBerry was always the business device.

• phone user 333

Do NOT buy this phone if you have used something like the blackberry an you expect similar email performance. In the email area it is absolutley TERRIBLE. You will sadly disapointed. I got duped into buyng this stupid thing because I needed a full keyboard smart phone tha has large buttons for the phone portion. It works OK for internet. It has a poorer 3G roaming capability then other phones (ie blackberry bold, which I had to borrow becuse the email is so pathetic with the I phone).

In the end it is a toy for kids and not at all usable as a reliable bussiness tool. And if you think you are happy wih it as a bussiness tool, try one of the blackberrys, the difference is night and day. I am not a fan of RIM as they seem to crash at least once a week but it is far far far better than this excellent example of BS marketing.

In the end I litterly through the Iphone in the river after having to spend more time talking to tech support to get the email to work than using it for my normal calls.

• Pepsi

lyn, 08 Feb 2009so all i nee to do is plug it in and restore? That's the point of it, you will lose what features you gained by jailbreaking it though. But it should go back to how it was before.

• lyn

Pepsi, 08 Feb 2009Plug it into iTunes and restore it to what it was before you tri... moreso all i nee to do is plug it in and restore?

• Pepsi

lyn, 08 Feb 2009hi please help me i jailbreak my iphone and after 2 days of doin... morePlug it into iTunes and restore it to what it was before you tried to jalbreak it...

• lyn

hi please help me i jailbreak my iphone and after 2 days of doing it i cant call anyone i cant press any nuttons in call nut i can recieve call its just that i cant use the call

• sas

only folks that never got one can say its crap....i mean buy one and then post your opinion