Apple iPhone 3G

Apple iPhone 3G

• therock

barrister, 16 Oct 2008I purchased the iphone one week ago, and it is awesome! A lot o... morethe n95 is not just a camera but it is also for websurfing.

• barrister

I purchased the iphone one week ago, and it is awesome! A lot of positives:

1) The touchscreen is so easy to use, it is well designed. You will be amazed at how much you enjoy the touchscreen. I previously owned a Blackberry, which was four times as complex to use, and not as good.

2) It is stylish, everyone who sees it will want to play with it. Looks very good. Go to Amazon.com and buy a leather case and accessories.

3) It is a great size. It feels good in your hand while you are talking. It is good for making/receiving calls. It is slim and fits in your pocket easily, not too bulky.

4) Call quality is outstanding. Volume easy to adjust. Excellent speaker phone.

5) Email very easy to access. Blackberry is known for it's email system, yet iphone is much better for email and texting.

6) Best feature of all-the 3.5 inch screen, which is very bright. I considered buying the Nokia N95, and while I am sure it is a great phone, it only has a 2.8 inch screen. This may not seem like much of a difference, but the larger screen makes a BIG difference when surfing the net or reading email.

7) Internet safari system very easy to use. You get full web pages, not the condensed ones you see on a lot of phones. Almost as fast as my cable modem on my home PC. I don't care what anyone says, Iphone internet is much better than Nokia N95.

8) GPS system good and so easy to use. You can even get a satelite picture.

9) Battery life has ben very good. I have always charged my phone every night anyway, so I don't see a problem. I am not sure I need to charge my phone every night, but I do anyway.

Camera adequate, although not great. An AT&T manager told me you can purchase software for videotaping. I purchased the iphone to use as a phone, not as a camera. I have a Canon 8mp camera, and a Sony videocamera. I recently went on vacation, and even if I did own a Nokia N95 or a Sony K800i, I would not have used them for pictures/videotaping. You want to know why? Because my Cannon camera and Sony videocamera are much better!

If I walked around all day with the urge to take pictures of evrything I saw and email it to people, I would have purchased the Nokia N95. But, it is more important to me to use the phone for web surfing and to check email.

There are so many features on this phone I have yet to explore, such as the games, itunes, and application store. I cannot wait!

Bottom line-you will not be disappointed if you purchase this phone.

• AnonimuS

At party's I go to everyone stays stock still as they all sit around a table under bright lights playing with their iphones in tow and cant wait to log on to facebook to retrive photos i just took. All of our parents are coming by to pick us up to go home to download these photos and print the reaaly good onez... wait.... It's only 2 mpx so scrap that last one.....ENyway dim lights at parteezz Suck. yep iphone roks. Cool Screen!

*qwerty keypad

• therock

Wait...is it DELL...or another computer company?...coming out with a pda smart phone.

• therock

Anonymous, 16 Oct 2008Mr C54Q, if your phone doesn't have a 320x480 16M colour touchs... moreExcuse me! Symbian OS capabilities are high also.

You are lucky that there were bright lights at the party to take photos. Otherwise, the iphone's camera is useless.

Iphone is more of toy because it is targeted towards children, teens, and young adults.

Who cares about touchscreen! I prefer the slide qwerty keyboard.

Blackberry storm..no wifi..not good. Samsung innov...the color display looks like from the 80'S.

Watch out iphone....DELL is coming out with a phone!! I heard that the screen is bigger, more features, etc....Hopefully the DELL cel phone has a great camera with a flash included and has slide qwerty keyboard included.

• therock

Anonymous, 16 Oct 2008Mr C54Q, if your phone doesn't have a 320x480 16M colour touchs... moreif ur touchscreen phone doesnt have the basic features and a powerful camera flash...then it is rubbish

• therock

Anonymous, 16 Oct 2008Mr C54Q, if your phone doesn't have a 320x480 16M colour touchs... moreexcuse me! There are alot that a symbian os can do.

Iphone is targeted more towards children and teens It's more of a toy.

You're lucky that there were bright lights to take photos. Otherwise, the iphone is useless for taking pics.

As far as the blackberry storm goes, no wifi...not good.

Samsung innov8's color displays look like frm the 80's.

• lightbulb

iphones are so over rated.

sms, 16 Oct 2008Why are there so many "Anonymous" on this board and other boards... moreMr C54Q,
if your phone doesn't have a 320x480 16M colour touchscreen it is rubbish.

What makes a good phone is a subjective issue, depending on how you use it.

I've had phones that had video and bluetooth file sharing and all that stuff, it's a toy for kid's I used a couple of times.

Who wants to waste time by letting people leech files via bluetooth.

Have you ever seen what Caribe or Cabir can do to a Symbian phone?

There is zero chance with an iPhone.

If I ever get a sudden desire to do these things I can just put my SIM in one of my old phone's.

Maybe I'll get a Samsung i8510 Innovate next, after all they are the current best phone, there is nothing really close to it.

The Blackberry Storm's looking pretty good too.

Mr j9@V,

there was plenty of light at the party I attended, it was a housewarming and the photo's turned out sharp and clear.

Like I said, when you upload to Facebook file sizes are shrunk, the camera's megapixel's make no difference it's just like when you send an MMS, the resolution is made smaller.

• 50

Apple Iphone Hitz the world... Just too good...

• Paul Matheson

Hi, I just bought this from mPhone.co.uk unlocked. Does anyone know about any faults or things I should be aware of for the unlocked version?

• sms

Anonymous, 16 Oct 2008The parties I go to people don't stand around staring at phones,... moreWhy are there so many "Anonymous" on this board and other boards. Once again, it it not a matter of whether you need it or need to do it, it is a matter of whether you have it. By sending the pictures and video instantly via bluetooth is a must for a good cell phone. Don't tell me you don't like money because you are happy with what you have and where you are. This is sour grapes. This is class once again. If your phone dosn't have this and that features, it is not a good phone. May be it is good to you, but it is not good for everybody. Do you need another example?

• therock

Anonymous, 16 Oct 2008Actually Mr j9@V I was referring to this comment by Mr C54Q "... moreThere must have been bright lights in the party for you to be able to take pictures since the Iphone does not have a powerful flash.

Some friends of mine tried to take pictures using their iphones in a wedding reception in a building with dimmed lights during night time. Did not work. I had to show off my n95...=). They got jealous because most of them have iphones.

• therock

therocks, 16 Oct 2008Nokia phones, such as the n95, are also capable of the 3.5g conn... moreActually Mr j9@V I was referring to this comment by Mr C54Q

"--- Where was the party held? In a restaurant that provides free wifi? Your 25 friends must have wifi function on their phones or they all have data plan in order to view your photos at your party. Do I believe it?"

All my 25 friend's need is access to the Internet from anywhere on earth, it's pretty pointless showing photo's to people who are already there.

• therocks

Anonymous, 16 Oct 2008The parties I go to people don't stand around staring at phones,... moreNokia phones, such as the n95, are also capable of the 3.5g connection. That connection is also available in the US.

sms, 15 Oct 2008I used my iPhone to take photos of a party, uploaded 45 pictures... moreThe parties I go to people don't stand around staring at phones, waiting for a video to bluetooth across.

Which phones did they have, some Nokia's (that use the message inbox system will not accept a file unless it's smaller than phone memory e.g 6300), also what resolution was the video you sent?

Not all phones can play 30fps VGA so you would also have to lower the resolution to cater for those people, the of the one's that are capable what was wrong with their camera?

The people who weren't there and anyone who cared to browse my Facebook page had immediate access to the photo's from from anywhere on earth, Facebook cut down the resolution a bit so 2 megapixels was more than enough.

If people want to see photo's straight away the 3.5" screen is more than adequate for them to look at when I passed it around.

Haven't you ever heard of a 3.5G connection?

I don't know about where you are but in Australia it works and I have a plan that includes data so I'm not afraid to use my phone.

A phone is just a tool it's up to you how you use it as far as I'm concerned the iPhone is more than adequate for my needs and is currently the best for the way I use a phone, I'll stick with it thanks all the same.

The ease of setting up Exchange is one of the best things about it as far as doing business goes it's incredibly efficient.

I like the way you can search in Google maps and add the search details directly to contacts, when I get back to the office it's already on my PC.

• Savor

There is two directions where smartphones are going - digital camera or internet tablet/laptop. They won't completely replace either two for the forseeable future, but they will make substitute. I have an N82 as a backup phone for weekend fun and nightclub shots. I'm looking hard for a great device that can take the workload off my laptop. iPhone is NOT the way for me. After using it for months, you start to miss the buttons. I hate the QWERTY on this and Apple finally decided to turnoff that predictive feature. For many, WE NEED BUTTONS! Need tactile feedback. Try playing ROMs on it and it is tough to get used to for action games.

• sms

Anonymous, 14 Oct 2008"I took some pictures and video while having dinner with my frie... moreI used my iPhone to take photos of a party, uploaded 45 pictures to Facebook and emailed the link to 25 friends.