Asus Zenfone 5 A500CG (2014)

Asus Zenfone 5 A500CG (2014)

Hi,
Is there issue of battery for 1.18.40.10
Will wiping cache partition will help.

Abhishek, 23 Oct 2014i got this information form service centerOk.Thanks for reply.
How is the battery backup for you.
I am really worried about battery.
Is there issue of battery for 1.18.40.10

• Abhishek

AnonD-322648, 23 Oct 2014Hi Abhishek, Thanks for the info. Can I ask you how did y... morei got this information form service center

AnonD-308768, 23 Oct 2014Dear m trying to do wipe cache by the given instructions by... moreNow it is not booting by pressing up volume + power of volume done + power ..

Battery is way too draining ..please help me

AnonD-308768, 23 Oct 2014Dear m trying to do wipe cache by the given instructions by... morePress vol down button and menu appears.

AnonD-321571, 23 Oct 2014Is asus really releasing further kitkat update in upcoming ... moreNot official, but out in beta already. Takes 2-3 weeks for beta test, so that's likely where the timeline was estimated from.

That's assuming there's no problem in the software.

I didn't notice much if any difference between the phone with, and the other without this updated OS. However I have not seen release notes so I wasn't really looking for any differences...

AnonD-321571, 23 Oct 2014very well said Tomazz.....an excellent budget phone....but ... moreThis depends on a lot of things, mainly on the screen.

I would estimate the drain to 1% in 5-6 minutes on 3G in my configuration, with very strong signal and relatively dim screen (set to auto, slider to 50% but due to reflection on iMac's screen I need to keep the curtains closed to prevent headache).

Don't know ,but my 3g is capped @ max45kbps please help
Tried 2 different SIM cards in 2 different slots.
but yeah wifi is working perfectly fine.
thanks in advance!

AnonD-308768, 23 Oct 2014Dear m trying to do wipe cache by the given instructions by... moreBoot phone with power + volume down, not power + volume up.

• mika

AnonD-314939, 23 Oct 2014Dont know why are you people so excited about kitkat.Kitkat... moreHi, which service center did you go for?

• Mingkay

I am loving my Zenfone 5. I work online so I needed a phone that supports at least 3G (HSPA+). I am subscribed to 2 network providers for business continuity. And Zenfone 5 is that answer to the solution I need. Thank you ASUS.

Sorry disable gps not wifi,wrongly mentioned in my previous post

Dont know why are you people so excited about kitkat.Kitkat update was a huge problem and i got downgraded to jellybean by service centre.
I am using jellybean 4.3 with 1.18.9.40 version with full manual update and as before my phone is running superb excellent.i am very very impressed with zenfone 5,my battery lasts 6-7 hours after 3G use.
Check ur network signals,decrease ur brightness,clear all background apps ur battery will also be fine like mine,set location access only to network disable wifi.
I have 125 apps and games installed on my phone.

Is asus really releasing further kitkat update in upcoming weeks?? plz confirm if it is official........

AnonD-322548, 22 Oct 2014I never have any problem with My Zen 5, it's one of the mos... morewhat is battery drain durig browsing??

AnonD-279813, 22 Oct 2014Thanks for posting the instructions on how to fix the KitKa... morevery well said Tomazz.....an excellent budget phone....but i just need to compare my battery life....how much does it drain while browsing??...and is there any solution to slight heating problem?

• Ramesh.K

Video calling options are not viewable in call options
Is This Smartphone is not Supported to video calls?

I updated my zenfone 5 to KitKat yesterday and the phone is working as smooth as it was before. Thanks to ASUS Support..

AnonD-303138, 22 Oct 2014See the posts below by Tomazz for details on how to downloa... moreDear m trying to do wipe cache by the given instructions by you .
But after selecting recovery from boot loader . The phones gets restarted and there are no options to select .it says that no command

• inder

hi guys i purchased zenfone5 from flipkart 2-3 days back all the features are god other than battery......if you will charge the battery upto 100% and will not even use the phone for 5-7 hours it will consume the battery upto 30%-40% ........after every 1 hour you have to charge the phone....its really disgusting ......so i would suggest you not to purchase any Asus zenfone......