Asus Zenfone 5 A500CG (2014)

Asus Zenfone 5 A500CG (2014)

guys.. my zenfone 5 gets heated while using camara and playing games.. is this happening with everybody..??

Hi Tomazz,

Could you please help me with the procedure to downgrade my Zenfone 5 from 1.18.40.10 to 1.18.40.09. I have JB installed and really facing a problem with the .10 version :(

• akshay

i dont no what exactly has happend fo my cell its just switched off and m nt able to open it battery was low i had put it fo charge but its nt taking charge only
please reply me ..

AnonD-279813, 23 Oct 2014What exactly have you done and what exactly happens when yo... moreBy pressing volume up + power it is brings boot menu..droid boot something like that and by clicking on recovery .. it vibrates and open up and it shows no command and one droid lying down .

I want to wipe cache ..as after updating the kitkat my phones battery drains fast.

And one more thing that after the updating kit Kat I got one more same update ..of kitkat

AnonD-303138, 23 Oct 2014Hey Tomazz - both Sims can be used for 3G. Change the setti... moreYou're right, just tested it.

Sometimes it's not good to trust the release notes too much...

AnonD-279813, 23 Oct 2014ZenFone 5 supports up to 42 mbps 3G however in reality the ... moreHey Tomazz - both Sims can be used for 3G. Change the settings and select which SIM to be used for 2G and other automatically changes to 3G. I 've used it. My 3G SIM for data is in 2nd slot.

thanks for your reply
my 1st question was " is there any difference like meny style or extra option we upgrade to kit kat
and 2nd thing i met on person who purchased asus zenphone 5, he was saying 'using otg cable pendrive can't be connected. make it sure and reply me pls
to i want order from flipkart

Excuse me tomazz, I would like to know how factory reset from setting differ from factory reset in droid bot (that thing when you power on your phone, if I'm not mistaken)

• Abhishek

AnonD-322648, 23 Oct 2014Ok.Thanks for reply. How is the battery backup for you. I... morei am heavy user so my battery drains very fast. in one hour while playing game its drain more than 30%. i play game with pluging to charger. But i luv this phone
battery is not issue for me.and my phone work well and i had no problem that other has.

AnonD-314847, 23 Oct 2014Don't know ,but my 3g is capped @ max45kbps please help Tr... moreZenFone 5 supports up to 42 mbps 3G however in reality the speed reaches about 10 mbps on a good operator with excellent signal.

It is possible that your operator only uses some 3G data standards, or that the frequency used by operator for 3G is unsupported by Zenfone.

The phone can definitely get up to 25 mbps down link and about 6 mbps uplink (850/2100 MHz) at 2 in the morning when I tested it. Over the day my usual speed on it is about 5-8 mbps down, 3-5 mbps up.

That's considerably more than you get, so I don't think this is phone problem.

Last bit - only SIM 1 can be used for 3G. SIM 2 is limited to 2G (EDGE). So you should always use SIM 1 for data if you're after speed.

• Sammy

I downloaded the update V 2.19.40.18 yesterday and could not connect to the network. I guess it deleted the APN and now I am not able to go into the option APN. If I try to do, it pushes me out stating "Unfortunately, settings has stopped". Do I need to download any other updates to fix this issue? Can I uninstall the latest downloaded firmware? Help please. Thanks

MUNEER, 23 Oct 2014is there the option to use otg cable to connect our pendriveYes, you can use say Samsung or HTC OTG cable and plug in the thumbdrive into it at the other side.

Or you can get OTG USB stick which already has micro-USB connector.

Don't know ,but my 3g is capped @ max45kbps please help
Tried 2 different SIM cards in 2 different slots and swapped it too.
but yeah wifi is working perfectly fine.
thanks in advance!
pls reply,someone!!!

MUNEER, 23 Oct 2014somebody pls answer video calling is avl // diff between ... moreNeither KK or JB supports 3G video calls.

In Skype and Line they look the same.

Not quite sure what you're asking...

• MUNEER

is there the option to use otg cable to connect our pendrive

somebody pls answer
video calling is avl // diff between jellybean and kitkat

• vinay

when ever i had update my zenfone 5 in kitkat . it have many problem like as hanging, high battery draining . pls suggest me what i am do for hanging problem pls any one give right suggest pls

AnonD-308768, 23 Oct 2014Now it is not booting by pressing up volume + power of volu... moreWhat exactly have you done and what exactly happens when you power on the phone?

Pressing power+volume down should always bring you into boot menu, as that's hardware function of the phone, regardless of what's loaded on it.

But you must power off the phone, and press both buttons at the same time, then continue holding them until logo shows. Then use volume up/down to move between menu options, and power button to confirm.

• m3

AnonD-314847, 23 Oct 2014Don't know ,but my 3g is capped @ max45kbps please help Tr... more3g suppoertd only in sim 1

Hi,
Is there issue of battery for 1.18.40.10
Will wiping cache partition will help.