Asus Zenfone 5 A500CG (2014)

Asus Zenfone 5 A500CG (2014)

AnonD-321861, 21 Oct 2014Sorry to bother you again Tomazz. Now my fone is in 2.19.40.18, ... moreThe .18 is complete firmware with fix included. No need to install the fix, nor could you :)

i upgraded my OS to 4.4 kitkat through OTA message. Its totally scrap... except battery draining rest all defective. Few apps are not working.

Can anyone guide me, how to uninstall this OS update and go back to previous version.

• Soumya

After updating to Kitkat, my phone showing so many errors and so sad to see that. After disconnecting phone screen goes black and shows error incallui stopped working.Why is that? Can anyone help me to resolve this.

• vikay

Micromax canvas nitro best or asus zenfone 5 best plz suggestion

AnonD-313233, 21 Oct 2014I want to update to kitkat? Ok or not? My firmware before is 1.1... moreYes, it is. But first read the pros and cons in posts before.

Amit, 20 Oct 2014Guys, Just bring my Zenfone5 , a week back, but yesterday I was ... moremy phone also not charging..

AnonD-279813, 20 Oct 2014Yes, you can. It's the file received from Asus. None of files... moreSorry to bother you again Tomazz. Now my fone is in 2.19.40.18, while your battery fix is 2.19.40.10 (i read from comments long before). Is it still okay?

And how to install it? I couldnt find it.
Thanks.

• Akki

After the kitkat update APN for sim1 is not working hence unable to use mobile data in sim1..tho its working in sim2.The notification LED doesnt work.Heating problem is there.Except these problems the phone is working flwaless and i dont see battery drain that much..maybe im used to low battery backup..but it works for me.

I want to update to kitkat? Ok or not? My firmware before is 1.14 and I passed other update. Now my firmware is 1.18.40.10. This is stable for me to update my zenfone to kitkat?

• Karthik

Phone specs is good and performs well.The phone's battery has problems.Bought my phone 3 months ago . it developed problems .It is not charging when switched on. It charges when switched off only.And the people in ASUS service centers don't handle customers properly.They just dont care for customer problems or satisfaction and they talk like they are the gods of service and delay the service time to their convinience....... My advice, dont buy this phone , coz if you suffer , no one from asus will be willing to help you !

Hello there? I got a problem with sharelink, I can't send or receive an application from my cousin (he's using zenfone 4). Is that kitkat's restriction? If it is, it makes sharelink useless now. :(

• dexter

AnonD-279813, 20 Oct 2014About battery draining faster in 1.18.40.10 than 1.18.40.9? H... moreHi tomazz day b4 yesterday oly i updated the phone to 1.18.40.9 after the few min i got notification for 1.18.40.10 for 20mb i updated that also after that i done a factory reset from boot menu and the installed the apps after that my battery goes on draining it drains at operational and little bit on standby too plz help me to resolve it....

• raj

Zen 5 is prfemnc is awsm usng snce 1month 12 days..xcpt its default storage cant be changed to sd card so any files u download or share it goes on ur sd card.. causing intrnl mmry shrt... nd battry its discharging 1% per 1 min.. after kitkat version .. any1 can hlp me out through this..???

AnonD-210234, 21 Oct 2014Ok Tomazz..thanks for the info..Now how to locate the Permission... moreIt is an app. Not every version of JB has it, but you can download it in PlayStore by searching for it. It will be in the normal Apps drawer. Has a green Android robot holding a shield logo.

AnonD-279813, 21 Oct 2014You don't have to update it. One thing that you may wish to d... moreOk Tomazz..thanks for the info..Now how to locate the Permission Manager? is it in the SETTINGS? where?

AnonD-210234, 21 Oct 2014So you mean to say you're not experiencing anymore problem?i mea... moreYou don't have to update it.

One thing that you may wish to do is open up the permissions manager (you can download it for KitKat as well, it's under name of App Ops Starter - it works on Zen), and stop Location access to apps that don't need it.

And while there you could also prevent them from sending SMS or making phone calls, reading your call logs and messages, etc. for stupid apps that absolutely should not have any need for it.

I mean why should say a photo collage need to make calls, read your phone logs, send messages, know your location, turn on microphone and camera without your knowledge (when you can only use gallery pics), etc.

Shut off what apps should not have access to, and that'll also save your battery.

Now note - Google claims that the reason they removed it was because it was experimental anyway, however the real reason is that they make money on you by spying and ability for you to turn their spying off hurt them financially. From 4.4.4 onwards there's no permissions manager that works, and even in 4.4.2 the stock Android has a camera update that breaks it.

So use it while you can. It won't last forever.

• rottensteak

AnonD-321330, 18 Oct 2014i have a ASUS zenfone 5 , when i installed viber on that, it kee... morei had the same problem, you got superSU app installed, open it up and uncheck a box about notifications.

• kelvin

why my zenfone 5.battery drian very fast?????plz help~~~what cant i do????

AnonD-291211, 20 Oct 2014I won't appreciate because i am enjoying KITkat update now. It g... moreSo you mean to say you're not experiencing anymore problem?i mean other problem? besides those battery issues?im still in doubt if i have to update my JB to KITKAT or not..

• dexter