Asus Zenfone 5 A500CG (2014)

Asus Zenfone 5 A500CG (2014)

I tried V2.19.40.18 but with 3G continuos on in 5 hours 30 % battery drains.

I updated the kitkat through OTA and not manually.

Please help me to solve battery drain issue.

Tomazz, I want to factory restore my phone to somehow fix those error I have. Maybe it's just because I'm messing up much with my phone. How would be the restored phone? Just like a newly bought phone?

• adjsl

AnonD-210234, 10 Oct 2014Hey..hi..how did you install the latest firmware? through OTA or... moreOTA only.

AnonD-210234, 10 Oct 2014Ok so after i put the _user name folder, what will i do next? ... moreIf you have full previous version, that included all the updates, yes it is OK.

adjsl, 10 Oct 2014Guys, Have any one tried 2.19.40.18. I think battery draining p... moreHey..hi..how did you install the latest firmware? through OTA or manually?

• Florian

i updated my phone manually from 1.18.9 to1.18.10. its about 600 plus mb in size...i would like to know if it does contain all the updates that i missed from versions 15, 16 and 17?...now my phone detects the kitkat update but im in doubt if its already been fixed by asus..asus pulled out the kitkat update coz it was prematurely released right?...please adavice the best way to update my phone..OTA or manually?..does it nessesary to update the battery fix?..

thanks!

AnonD-279813, 10 Oct 2014You put the file that has _user in name into the phone. You don'... moreOk so after i put the _user name folder, what will i do next?

another question, updating through OTA is ok? i mean directly download from wifi?

• adjsl

Abhishek, 09 Oct 2014i does not face any problem in my phone. and my battery duratio... moreAgreed. same is here.

AnonD-210234, 10 Oct 2014Hi Tomazz when you said "unzip it and drop it to root in in... moreYou put the file that has _user in name into the phone. You don't unzip further.

AnonD-317366, 10 Oct 2014Hi, " the phone turns on into a DOS looklike" - Are y... moreWipe data / Factory reset

Guys,
Have any one tried 2.19.40.18. I think battery draining problem is some how controlled and now within the acceptable limit. after 2 hrs of update only i have loose 3% battery while mobile data is on with 3G and whatsapp is also active and other SIM for voice calling is also ON. right now i am trying to full charge the battery for better observation. will update after 24 hrs observation. but right now i'm feeling great !

What do you with "safe"? if you are asking how is it, well, there are some bugs I encountered, some here said that they did't but that's what I have now. Battery in kitkat drains faster, but a battery fix update has been released. Somehow, battery was improved but not that much (for me, or maybe i mess too much with my phone). You can ask Tomazz for more information, he knows more than me. :)

Jana, 10 Oct 2014I updated kitkat. please send send battery fix update url. Here is the battery fix URL:

This is a FOTA only - meaning only a battery fix and you must have 2.19.40.9 already loaded.

It does NOT check what's installed and will brick your phone if you try to install it on any other version.

AnonD-210234, 10 Oct 2014Hi Tomazz, last night i try this instruction you said to install... moreThe pasted file needs to be newer version than the one currently installed.

You might in some cases also need to reboot the phone for it to be detected. Or in some cases wait a few minutes...

which mobile is best Asus zenfone 5 or Moto G2 .
GsmArena rated Zenfone over Moto G2 . What about the Battery and heating problems... Why was it rated more than Moto G2...??

• ace

Tomazz my zen5 is Hanging 2 times.what do you think is the problem?

• Jana

I updated kitkat. please send send battery fix update url.

• Jagz

Got my Zenfone 5 yesterday. Got a prompt for an update which brought Build number to 1.18.40.10. It was just a 20mb update. I am assuming the previous updates got skipped. Still haven't updated to Kitkat. Does UL-ASUS_T00F-WW-2.19.40.18-user on support.asus.com contain all the previous fixes or have they been skipped for good on my phone?

AnonD-279813, 10 Oct 2014If you are loading NEWER version of the firmware than what you c... moreHi Tomazz when you said "unzip it and drop it to root in internal usage" you mean the 2nd file that is still zip? or i still have to unzip the second file which has a name of " _user" then put it on the root of the storage?

AnonD-279813, 10 Oct 2014OK, that are 2 different things. The factory reset in setting... moreHi,
" the phone turns on into a DOS looklike" - Are you talking about Droidboot version?

If so what I see is Reboot Droidboot,Reboot,Recovery,Factory Rest,Last Successful Flasg Log and Power Off.

if I click on the Recovery,,it boot into recovery and I get the android with a triangle symbol.From there I get get into
recovery menu by Volume - ,then Volume + and then release voulme + ,and release VOlume - will take me to the menu whehter I cal do a Wipr cache partition ,Wide Cache/Data,Adb sideload etc.

In none of these menu I am not able to see "Restore From Recovery"?