Asus Zenfone 5 A500CG (2014)

Asus Zenfone 5 A500CG (2014)

• Deepanker

guys m using kitkat nw and m very disappointed with it
after update m facing lag plus more battery drain then before
i installed a new OTA , did factory format ... battery drains less bt when i was using jelly bean it has more battery backup and it did't lag
any 1 knw how to re install jelly bean ?? kitkat really sucks

AnonD-279813, 09 Oct 2014Are you using ultra saving mode?No @tomazz. I don't use the power saver app at all. Although my battery has improved, its not a big improvement. But it's better than before that's for sure.

rahul, 09 Oct 2014Can I make network based video CallNo.

AnonD-291211, 09 Oct 2014For me update 2.19.40.10 battery fix didn't helped even battery ... moreIn my experience with several different phones, not all Asus even, on 4.4.2 you never know what will happen to one app to start chewing up battery.

That's why I am so sceptical about this "battery fix". But what you can do is go to the Location and either turn it off or at least turn it off for the google play services.

The biggest impact will be from full OS restore from recovery partition though. Your battery drain should be 2-3% per 3-4 hours.

AnonD-288293, 09 Oct 2014The new update has improved my phones battery but I'm now facing... moreAre you using ultra saving mode?

AnonD-302525, 09 Oct 2014Hi Tomazz, I have done OTA update for kitkat but battery is dr... moreDo full restore from recovery partition and install the battery fix.

I don't know how useful the battery fix would be, in my case it made no difference, in cases of some others it did.

OK, I take that back. 1 day and 12 hours, and there is 33% left. That's better than before. Not significantly so, though.

But removing all settings and apps, then restoring them might help significantly to situation you are facing.

• Abhishek

i does not face any problem in my phone.
and my battery duration has been increase after the battery update.

• sssskkkkk

i will wait for android L......no kitkat now

AnonD-317366, 09 Oct 2014Hi, 2 things you can try out is 1.Chek for OTA which is of c... moreI already updated that OTA, but didn't helped. In my case culprit is google play service. which is consuming more than 60% of battery alone and faster. within five minutes battery is discharging 6-7% while using and 3-4 2-3% while on sleep mode. without doing any adventure with my phone, i am thinking to go to service center for any downgrade or any clean install.

Hi Tomazz,
I have done OTA update for kitkat but battery is draining too fast. So please tell me

Do i need to do full kitkat install through manually or wait for next kitkat update from asus. I need your advice. which do you think I should do ?

tiboro2007, 09 Oct 2014Hi guys, I need your help. After the last update to TW 1.18.4... moreNo, It will not resolve your problem just wait for stable Kitkat build as present Kitkat build also drains battery fast.

• tiboro2007

Hi guys,

I need your help. After the last update to TW 1.18.40.10 the battery draining extremely fast. I received a notification about the kit kat yesterday. If I update to kit kat it will resolve my problem or I have to do something else before that. Please advice. Thanks.

2 things you can try out is
1.Chek for OTA which is of close to 13MB-
2.In the Location reporting menu,switch to Battery saving mode.

The new update has improved my phones battery but I'm now facing wifi issue. My phones keeps on forgetting saved wifi's.

For me update 2.19.40.10 battery fix didn't helped even battery drains faster than before. Most of the battery consumed by GPSD(google play service, i don't know what is "D"). So i disabled google play service and battery drain stopped but com.google.andoid.gsf.login prompting me on notification to enable.

HI TOMAZZ,
Do i need to do full kitkat install or i should downgrade to JB and wait for next kitkat update from asus. I need your advice. which will be better

• rahul

Can I make network based video Call

• raghavendra k

Upgrd to 4.4.2 now my keyboard not working help me how to fix dis

AnonD-207142, 09 Oct 2014Maybe you haven't received OTA update which about 10-15 MB in si... moreYes,I installed that 13MB update also ,but ......

• AnonD-207142

Anonymous, 09 Oct 2014Unfortunately for me V2.19.40.18 is not proving to be anything ... moreMaybe you haven't received OTA update which about 10-15 MB in size to fix battery issue? They just released it recently.

Sorry, guess I've to be more specific: V2.19.40.18_20141003_8008

AnonD-207142, 09 Oct 2014Battery is much better in V2.19.40.18 firmware :D Thanks ASUS f... moreUnfortunately for me V2.19.40.18 is not proving to be anything better than the 1.18.x versions.
I see a person getting benifitted about this .How about others?