Asus Zenfone 5 A500CG (2014)

Asus Zenfone 5 A500CG (2014)

AnonD-288293, 09 Oct 2014The new update has improved my phones battery but I'm now facing... moreAre you using ultra saving mode?

AnonD-302525, 09 Oct 2014Hi Tomazz, I have done OTA update for kitkat but battery is dr... moreDo full restore from recovery partition and install the battery fix.

I don't know how useful the battery fix would be, in my case it made no difference, in cases of some others it did.

OK, I take that back. 1 day and 12 hours, and there is 33% left. That's better than before. Not significantly so, though.

But removing all settings and apps, then restoring them might help significantly to situation you are facing.

• Abhishek

i does not face any problem in my phone.
and my battery duration has been increase after the battery update.

• sssskkkkk

i will wait for android L......no kitkat now

AnonD-317366, 09 Oct 2014Hi, 2 things you can try out is 1.Chek for OTA which is of c... moreI already updated that OTA, but didn't helped. In my case culprit is google play service. which is consuming more than 60% of battery alone and faster. within five minutes battery is discharging 6-7% while using and 3-4 2-3% while on sleep mode. without doing any adventure with my phone, i am thinking to go to service center for any downgrade or any clean install.

Hi Tomazz,
I have done OTA update for kitkat but battery is draining too fast. So please tell me

Do i need to do full kitkat install through manually or wait for next kitkat update from asus. I need your advice. which do you think I should do ?

tiboro2007, 09 Oct 2014Hi guys, I need your help. After the last update to TW 1.18.4... moreNo, It will not resolve your problem just wait for stable Kitkat build as present Kitkat build also drains battery fast.

• tiboro2007

Hi guys,

I need your help. After the last update to TW 1.18.40.10 the battery draining extremely fast. I received a notification about the kit kat yesterday. If I update to kit kat it will resolve my problem or I have to do something else before that. Please advice. Thanks.

AnonD-291211, 09 Oct 2014For me update 2.19.40.10 battery fix didn't helped even battery ... moreHi,
2 things you can try out is
1.Chek for OTA which is of close to 13MB-
2.In the Location reporting menu,switch to Battery saving mode.

The new update has improved my phones battery but I'm now facing wifi issue. My phones keeps on forgetting saved wifi's.

For me update 2.19.40.10 battery fix didn't helped even battery drains faster than before. Most of the battery consumed by GPSD(google play service, i don't know what is "D"). So i disabled google play service and battery drain stopped but com.google.andoid.gsf.login prompting me on notification to enable.

HI TOMAZZ,
Do i need to do full kitkat install or i should downgrade to JB and wait for next kitkat update from asus. I need your advice. which will be better

• rahul

Can I make network based video Call

• raghavendra k

Upgrd to 4.4.2 now my keyboard not working help me how to fix dis

AnonD-207142, 09 Oct 2014Maybe you haven't received OTA update which about 10-15 MB in si... moreYes,I installed that 13MB update also ,but ......

• AnonD-207142

Anonymous, 09 Oct 2014Unfortunately for me V2.19.40.18 is not proving to be anything ... moreMaybe you haven't received OTA update which about 10-15 MB in size to fix battery issue? They just released it recently.

Sorry, guess I've to be more specific: V2.19.40.18_20141003_8008

AnonD-207142, 09 Oct 2014Battery is much better in V2.19.40.18 firmware :D Thanks ASUS f... moreUnfortunately for me V2.19.40.18 is not proving to be anything better than the 1.18.x versions.
I see a person getting benifitted about this .How about others?

• AnonD-207142

Battery is much better in V2.19.40.18 firmware :D
Thanks ASUS for your hard work.

AnonD-191884, 09 Oct 2014After restoring,I just changed my Airtel sim with a reliance,whi... morei dont have those network operators, but i plugged in 2 sim cards at the same time and they didnt create automatically their apn. i have to create it manually but i cant because the system error. once i upgraded to kitkat without wiping the 4.3 data where i had an apn. but after login in the apn was deleted.so after many attempts upgrading and downgrading for now im staying on 4.3. hope asus will fix this probl

AnonD-279813, 09 Oct 2014Root of the driver is like… if you have a PC, and it has hard di... moreOk..thanks for the consistent reply..i get it now..ill install it later..ill just post here if any problem will occur..thanks a lot

AnonD-210234, 09 Oct 2014Ok i get some of your instruction, but what do you mean "pu... moreRoot of the driver is like… if you have a PC, and it has hard disk drive C: then the C:\ is root.

C:\Windows would be folder Windows.

But root of the drive means the first thing that opens when you open that drive, not any of the folders or subfolders.

No, you don't need to "root" the phone. "rooting" of the phone means elevating your user credentials to a super user, kind of like main administrator, rather than being just a user.

This allows you to change the settings that the company has locked up and normal users can't change. It also allows software (if chosen so) to run in full administrator mode, with full access to the system, with all the good and bad parts that brings.