Asus Zenfone 5 A500CG (2014)

Asus Zenfone 5 A500CG (2014)

• Lisandro

Today update again to kitkat with the last fixed firmware the problem of the data 3g connection still persist the APN settings force close,Asus not check the update before send? Really dissapointment now again downgrade to 1.18 4.3 f#$%!k!!@

I hv upgraded ASUS 5 to 4.4.2 after upgrade unable to access APN setting , its crashes every time so no acess to data , if any one has expert advise please let me know other problem after upgrade solved related to Keyboard . APN problem still pending even putting 800 mb file from ASUS site and rebooting it . Need help on APN crash .

tomazz recently i updated to kitkat ..and i tried to downgrade to 4.3 ..by adb sideboot method...i downloaded one fastboot images from a blog site....and it turned out to be a very old fastboot image...now my phone is bricked ....the usb sign appears after every reboot , wipe data...i tried the latest 1.18.40.9 recovery image posted by u..but of no use...please help thanks

AnonD-291211, 09 Oct 2014Thanks for the reply. If you don't mind, can you again post link... moreOk, I got that procedure now. but from where i will get T00J_ww version.

AnonD-279813, 09 Oct 2014No.Any battery tips for the phone?

Ans i dont know why my previous posts got deleted.

AnonD-279813, 09 Oct 2014Well, sort of. Please read this for a much better explanation... moreThere is another way to get android kitkat for my zenfone without fastboot it? I do not know how to fastboot my phone. It is same like rooting?

• Deepanker

AnonD-279813, 09 Oct 2014Lag on KitKat is not something that you would expect to hear. ... morem getting lag while scrolling
i just did through backup & reset option in personal settings then select back up my data and click on factory data reset

AnonD-279813, 09 Oct 2014In my experience with several different phones, not all Asus eve... moreThanks for the reply. If you don't mind, can you again post link for recovery partition restore procedure. My phone build is ASUS_T00J_WW.

I found this link you posted but its T00F pasted below.

[deleted post]2 hours battery and heat at the back… what are you doing with it? Playing 3D games?

In that case heat and short (although not really THAT short) battery life would be expected.

But if you're doing something, that's not normal.

Deepanker, 09 Oct 2014guys m using kitkat nw and m very disappointed with it after u... moreLag on KitKat is not something that you would expect to hear.

I mean KitKat is much faster than JellyBean, so there must be something else at play.

You said you did Factory reset. How did you do that?

It is possible to downgrade… posted today in the morning I think, with fastboot.

AnonD-313233, 09 Oct 2014What is fastboot? Software?Well, sort of.

Please read this for a much better explanation than my tired eyes can manage right now:

AnonD-279813, 09 Oct 2014Credits to Ckander: You have to fastboot recovery.img first b... moreWhat is fastboot? Software?

• Ravi

Hai friends am purchase on asus zen phone 5(8gb) .
1,Price is good.
2,superb touch &Display.
3, camera awesome.
4,2 gb ram.
5,Grand look.

......But two problem....
1 . battery 2 hours full use battery drains(All ways carry on charger)

2, heat on back side. .

• krish

AnonD-279813, 09 Oct 2014No.sir i m using i.18.40.10
and now that is removed from asus site. is there any problem having that update.???
can i do the new update for kitkat from asus,if any new release is there??
and that too from old 1.18.40.10??

AnonD-279813, 09 Oct 2014Do full restore from recovery partition and install the battery ... moreIf I wait for next kitkat update, will it be fine ? as full recovery seems dangerous to me.

• tiboro2007

AnonD-302525, 09 Oct 2014No, It will not resolve your problem just wait for stable Kitkat... moreGreat. There is not new update to resolve this problem? Before 1.18.40 I have not any problem but now I can not use my phone. I must 3x charge per day!!! How does it possible? And this is not a kit kat already.

• Deepanker

guys m using kitkat nw and m very disappointed with it
after update m facing lag plus more battery drain then before
i installed a new OTA , did factory format ... battery drains less bt when i was using jelly bean it has more battery backup and it did't lag
any 1 knw how to re install jelly bean ?? kitkat really sucks

AnonD-279813, 09 Oct 2014Are you using ultra saving mode?No @tomazz. I don't use the power saver app at all. Although my battery has improved, its not a big improvement. But it's better than before that's for sure.

rahul, 09 Oct 2014Can I make network based video CallNo.

AnonD-291211, 09 Oct 2014For me update 2.19.40.10 battery fix didn't helped even battery ... moreIn my experience with several different phones, not all Asus even, on 4.4.2 you never know what will happen to one app to start chewing up battery.

That's why I am so sceptical about this "battery fix". But what you can do is go to the Location and either turn it off or at least turn it off for the google play services.

The biggest impact will be from full OS restore from recovery partition though. Your battery drain should be 2-3% per 3-4 hours.