Asus Zenfone 5 A500CG (2014)

Asus Zenfone 5 A500CG (2014)

I bought this phone 2 weeks ago. Its just perfect.
Fast CPU (faster than most quad core), fast and large RAM.
It reaches nearly 23000 points in Antutu.

Hi tomaz,i am planning to buy this phone,zenfone 5 8gb.is it 1.6 Ghz or 2.what is your opinion about your phone now

BP, 31 Aug 2014I would like to purchase Asus Zenfone 5. Anyone know is there an... moreIn kochin,panambily nagar

• gajendra

Abhishek, 31 Aug 2014When asus zenfone 5 is getting kitkat updateMy phone battery is very low performance..kitket version not available dear...

• Abhishek

AnonD-279813, 31 Aug 2014Sorry I did not read well. It is you who can't hear the other... moreWhen asus zenfone 5 is getting kitkat update

• BP

I would like to purchase Asus Zenfone 5. Anyone know is there any service center in Kerala, India?
I heard there is a heating problem for this phone. Is that correct? any other drawbacks?
Please help. Thanks in advance.

AnonD-279813, 31 Aug 2014I do not have such a list. Try Google :-)oh
okay.
no problem

leiz, 31 Aug 2014m planning to buy this one (color GOLD) so impressed with its f... moregold is a sizzler
i have it too
go for it :)

• MNA

its good fone but the battery is not upto mark for the specification it's got.

rikku, 31 Aug 2014thinking to buy the phone is it worth buyingRead this thread for good and bad things about this phone, then do the same for the others that you may have in your short list.

Make a list of what you can, and what you cannot live without.

If anything that you cannot live without is on the bad list of the phone, skip it.

Before final choice, if there's possibility for it, go to a shop and get the shortlisted phones in your hand to test-drive, before making final decision.

AnonD-300301, 31 Aug 2014Hi, Tomazz, I am planning to buy ZF5. So I read your comments an... moreEnjoy whatever smartphone you get for yourself.

And if you need any help, ask.

sub#, 31 Aug 2014i bought asus zenfone 5 m getting app isn't responding ? freque... moreThat was an issue on 1.14 version and original versions of ZenUI apps.

Those have since been updated.

So update the firmware to 1.17.40 and update the apps from Play Store.

• leiz

m planning to buy this one (color GOLD)
so impressed with its features
cant wait to touch and navigate it

• rikku

thinking to buy the phone is it worth buying

• neera

saggy, 30 Aug 2014can i buy this phone ? is camera clearity and other features are... moreYes!! You can buy this phone.

i bought asus zenfone 5 1 week ago and m getting app isn't responding frequently can anybody help,....

• sub#

i bought asus zenfone 5 m getting app isn't responding ? frequently can any one help...

Hi, Tomazz, I am planning to buy ZF5. So I read your comments and replies along with those of others. I am so impressed with your helping nature, I couldn't help but appreciate your posts. I am using till now only feature/basic phone and I want to experiment with learning android and smart phone. Wish me luck:-) I would definitely be needing your help-! in future.

Anonymous, 31 Aug 2014Hei tomazz. I hv bought zf5 for almost a week. It was amazing! S... moreSorry I did not read well.

It is you who can't hear the other party, the other party can hear you.

Apologies.

First thing is still to reboot the phone after the updates, and to update all the apps.

Another thing is to try the calls in other application, not only phone app - to see if say Line or WhatsApp or Skype calls can be heard on internal headphone.

Does headset work? What happens when you toggle between internal speaker to bottom speaker and back? Sound gone again?

Just trying to find out whether it's hardware or some glitch in the software.

If none of these can get the internal speaker, and it does not work in Skype/Line/Whatsapp/Viber or whatever you test in, then it's quite likely it's speaker or connection to it that has a problem.

In that case contact the Asus service centre.

The 1.17.40 firmware on my site is the official firmware and as such does not void any warranties by being applied.

Another note - there might not be 1.18.x coming out, the next update might quite likely be KitKat one.

AnonD-279813, 31 Aug 2014I get +/- 30m on all of the devices tested. They are: - As... morethankyou tomazz for ur information iwas feared that my phone has disaffect so i asked it thank u fopr reply