Asus Zenfone 8

Asus Zenfone 8

I've had this phone for two months and it's the best phone I've ever had.
Just discovered the smart alarm function, the alarm will work even with the phone turned off.
If it had wireless charging it would be a 10/10 phone, so Ill rate it a 9.5.

• RGR

Will this be coming to India?

Mala, 26 Jul 2021I'm really disappointed with this model and the North ... moreInternational version HAS B28 !

• kuhru

the phone asus doesn't want you to buy in india.
this would have been a solid phone to buy (not the best because what really is, but solid) if it was even available.
thankfully asus makes your choices easier by not participating in the race, just like sony. such helpful brands.

depending on what you want, your choices are nothing atm, but keep an eye out for pixel 5a, 6, or samsung a52s.

SteZ, 27 Jul 2021Can't find the phone anywhere...maybe they don't ... morehi, you could purchase it on amazon.com

SteZ, 27 Jul 2021Can't find the phone anywhere...maybe they don't ... moreHahaha you are very funny mate 😆

• SteZ

Can't find the phone anywhere...maybe they don't want to sell it ?
Anyway for not a lot more money you can get the very compact S21, so no big deal.

AnthonyMooreDevices, 26 Jul 2021Download Next Radio. It's the standard 3rd party FM Ra... moreThanks but I managed to find the FM Radio app.
1). in settings - open apps
2), select : "see all apps"
3). Tap three dots at top right corner of screen
4): Select: "Show system"
5). Scroll down to & select "FM Radio"
6). Tap on "open", and hey presto you have your factory installed FM Radio app.
- So far its the only way I can get to the radio, but I am unable to figure out how to relocate the app Icon to the home screen.....Yet!!! :-)

samaxy, 26 Jul 2021I have the global version but cannot find the FM Radio app.... moreDownload Next Radio. It's the standard 3rd party FM Radio app.

I have the global version but cannot find the FM Radio app. Is there a factory installed FM Radio app,? Anyone know how to find it? Other than that, its an OK phone, not sure its really worth the AU$1000 I paid for it and its performance is so similar to my Xiaomi Mi9T Pro. But I love the handy size of the device!

iAMe100XP, 24 Jul 2021An IR Blaster, bigger screen, & wireless charging would... moreWhy a bigger screen? The point is on the smaller screen. IP port is ok, wireless charging means again bigger phone.

• Mala

I'm really disappointed with this model and the North American hype surrounding it.

There are two world versions: A & B. Which model will get couriered to you without your say?

The A model has less network bands than B Band. Even the international version lacks band 13, 700 MHz and 28 MHz LTE-A for supplemental coverage in areas where the 1800 MHz frequency is weak or non-existent.

I say avoid this model.

• Mala

Dan-dan5, 25 Jul 2021And that's okay. This phone ticks a lot of boxes to be... moreLol. The device ticks a lot of boxes if you're NOT looking for a phone. It's missing quite a few LTE bands such as band 13, 700 mHz and more. The camera is poor in low light. Unless the phone retails for under $300 AUD I would pass on it.

iAMe100XP, 24 Jul 2021An IR Blaster, bigger screen, & wireless charging would... moreAnd that's okay. This phone ticks a lot of boxes to be an excellent phone.

An IR Blaster, bigger screen, & wireless charging would've made this My next phone.

Vic, 16 Jul 2021Try factory reset. It might help. Even if not - I'm su... moreI don't want to factory reset. I already moved all my data and I don't want to do it again. I also wanted to say that with last update both problems have got better. The thermals are much better and the battery with a light use can last for a day and a half with like 5 hours of sot. With a moderate usage it should be enough for a day with the same 5/6 hours. Standby battery consumption has improved but the screen with auto refresh rate (which only goes up to 90Hz) is so power demanding. Maybe the first days it has some problems because of it updating, downloading and transfering files while I was setting it up, i don't know. With a moderate usage it usually drains about 10% every hour, which is not that bad but can be improved imo

Batteries have enough of 7-8 hours of active use. it's horrible. Why produce such a product ???

• JES

vinfilip, 11 Jul 2021The phone has everything you need. But the battery is the w... more4000 mAh battery in a phone that is smaller than the regular iPhone 12 with its 2800 mAh battery. I don't think they could have done much better on battery size. It's a problem with optimization if a 4000 mAh won't easily make it through the day.

• Vic

javieralreves, 11 Jul 2021I have used it for a few days and I'm really disappoin... moreTry factory reset. It might help. Even if not - I'm sure that these issues will be fixed with future updates.

Random435, 11 Jul 2021Zenfone 8 vs Samsung galaxy s21, which should i buy (Not c... moreIf the Snapdragon Variant is available on your country, go for the S21. However if that's not the case it would be best to avoid the Exynos version, go for this Zenfone 8.