BlackBerry Priv

BlackBerry Priv

I'm OK with the price. Where else can you find a polished high-spec'd Android phone with a keyboard?? It's all that matters to me- the keyboard (a BB keyboard at that!).

Eske Rahn, 21 Oct 2015Excuse me for saying, but a pretty silly suggestion.... With ... moreI don't think FM radio feature is part of the "smart" in smartphones. Anyway... yeah, I completely ignored the cost of data. Sorry. I'm using unlimited data plan so FM radio really is insignificant to me.

I am pretty sure people who get a BB Priv from their company or buy one themselves don't have much time listening to the radio. And sorry to say this if I already offend somebody.

• sufi

Disappointed, 21 Oct 2015I was so on-board to purchase this device, until I saw no FM rad... moreI think my dear you don't required that much radio and it not a breakable deal to do with radio after looking all features you should go with this this is an awesome in the market.

Amazing mobile, I will have it since its avalible in Asia.

RadioLover, 22 Oct 2015I'm with you...I love the radio feature! I hope they don't get r... moreRadio.. go buy one for fiver. Holy jeeeezus

Let's wait, and we will see the truth. About the LG V10, I think that is going to have Fm radio, because LG put this feature on every international device.

• RadioLover

Disappointed, 21 Oct 2015I was so on-board to purchase this device, until I saw no FM rad... moreI'm with you...I love the radio feature! I hope they don't get rid of it. I also liked the HDMI port out on the Z30. ALso a good feature that seems to be lacking.

In Europe, this would be the only Android based QWERTY phone. As others have expressed, the price is quite high.

Why not just the take the Blackberry Classic and put an Android on it.

FM radio would have been nice, but it is not a deal breaker. (although these days, I prefer DAB radio).

Now if they could just come up with a 3.5" device for the ladies in this format.

Anonymous, 21 Oct 2015Recently made the mistake of getting new Android Phone after usi... morePriv will still let you use key applications from OS10.

at first time in my life, i'm thinking to buy blackberry device after saw it, beautiful and clean design, then run in android really give a lot of excitement, to be honest i never use blackberry before, but this is dope!

• Malaysia

Good luck to you Blackberry. Stuck at BB Q10, hope priv my next BB.

• Disappointed

I was so on-board to purchase this device, until I saw no FM radio. I can only hope this is an error, I see a few other sites showing yes it does have an FM radio, but I haven't even seen it confirmed one way or the other. Its crazy for it to not have one because, its my understanding that almost every qualcomm chip has the FM receiver. It just needs to be wired to the headphone jack for an antenna, and needs an app to do the tuning.

I live in a location where cellular data service is limited, internet service is expensive, and radio is prevalent. Its so nice to be able to go for a run with just my phone and earbuds and listen to the radio. I would rather listen to the radio anyway than a streaming service anyway. Always seems to have a better mix of music, plus great local news.

Here's to hoping this lacking an FM radio is incorrect, or that the international LG V10 has an FM radio!

• marc

Anonymous, 21 Oct 2015Recently made the mistake of getting new Android Phone after usi... moreI think BB priv is the only way that bb can save the compañy

• Eske Rahn

AnonD-240452, 21 Oct 2015I'm sorry but I just don't get it. You're so concerned about a m... moreExcuse me for saying, but a pretty silly suggestion....

With the same argumentation you could say he should carry a stand alone camera, gps-unit, MP3-player, and external bluetooth keybord et cetera, rather than having it all integrated into one unit.

The whole point of a smartphone is that it is 'smart' by integrating it all into one device. Even integrating the functions like recording FM-radio.

I would say that modern phones ought to not only have FM but DAB+ too...

(and you completely ignored the fact that data-traffic are not always free - especially while roaming abroad!)

Mobilemaster, 20 Oct 2015Well, in mountains you got no FM radio of course, but you got NO... moreI'm sorry but I just don't get it. You're so concerned about a mobile phone not having an FM radio. And you are not satisfied with streaming music because of the unreliability of wireless connection. If you like using FM radio in places where there is no LTE or even 3G signal then you should just buy a portable FM radio- it's way cheaper too! Just a suggestion.

SDG, 17 Oct 2015BlackBerry did not need to come out with an android device, they... moreYou are spot on

Recently made the mistake of getting new Android Phone after using Blackberry for many Years. Been full of regret ever since. Blackberry would have been better bringing out a new 10 Phone , 10 OS is great for serious users. Cant see priv making much impression at this price when up against mid rangers like experia M5 , Moto G and HTC etc

[deleted post]??