BlackBerry Priv

BlackBerry Priv

• Malaysia

Good luck to you Blackberry. Stuck at BB Q10, hope priv my next BB.

• Disappointed

I was so on-board to purchase this device, until I saw no FM radio. I can only hope this is an error, I see a few other sites showing yes it does have an FM radio, but I haven't even seen it confirmed one way or the other. Its crazy for it to not have one because, its my understanding that almost every qualcomm chip has the FM receiver. It just needs to be wired to the headphone jack for an antenna, and needs an app to do the tuning.

I live in a location where cellular data service is limited, internet service is expensive, and radio is prevalent. Its so nice to be able to go for a run with just my phone and earbuds and listen to the radio. I would rather listen to the radio anyway than a streaming service anyway. Always seems to have a better mix of music, plus great local news.

Here's to hoping this lacking an FM radio is incorrect, or that the international LG V10 has an FM radio!

• marc

Anonymous, 21 Oct 2015Recently made the mistake of getting new Android Phone after usi... moreI think BB priv is the only way that bb can save the compañy

• Eske Rahn

AnonD-240452, 21 Oct 2015I'm sorry but I just don't get it. You're so concerned about a m... moreExcuse me for saying, but a pretty silly suggestion....

With the same argumentation you could say he should carry a stand alone camera, gps-unit, MP3-player, and external bluetooth keybord et cetera, rather than having it all integrated into one unit.

The whole point of a smartphone is that it is 'smart' by integrating it all into one device. Even integrating the functions like recording FM-radio.

I would say that modern phones ought to not only have FM but DAB+ too...

(and you completely ignored the fact that data-traffic are not always free - especially while roaming abroad!)

Mobilemaster, 20 Oct 2015Well, in mountains you got no FM radio of course, but you got NO... moreI'm sorry but I just don't get it. You're so concerned about a mobile phone not having an FM radio. And you are not satisfied with streaming music because of the unreliability of wireless connection. If you like using FM radio in places where there is no LTE or even 3G signal then you should just buy a portable FM radio- it's way cheaper too! Just a suggestion.

SDG, 17 Oct 2015BlackBerry did not need to come out with an android device, they... moreYou are spot on

Recently made the mistake of getting new Android Phone after using Blackberry for many Years. Been full of regret ever since. Blackberry would have been better bringing out a new 10 Phone , 10 OS is great for serious users. Cant see priv making much impression at this price when up against mid rangers like experia M5 , Moto G and HTC etc

[deleted post]??

Somebody, 20 Oct 2015FM works everywhere? I've actually noticed quite the opposite. T... moreWell, in mountains you got no FM radio of course, but you got NO Internet radio too!
Fm radio usually works fine, and it is for free.

AnonD-457442, 20 Oct 2015Can't wait.. it will be my first Android phone ( Been a Windows ... morecool. I'm sorta caught between this and Lumia 950. but 950 is just winning at mo. blackberry phone division might be dead in a year if they don't sell enough. So I'm just not sure yet

AnonD-457442, 20 Oct 2015Can't wait.. it will be my first Android phone ( Been a Windows ... moreYes sir. Honestly the Blackberry Classic feels perfect!

• Somebody

xvi, 17 Oct 2015Not sure I can get on board with these dimensions. Too wide is t... moreMid range... because of the GPU? The heck are you talking about? The SD808 with Adreno 418. The ONLY in-production mobile GPU that is better than that, is the Adreno 430, which is a LINEAR, not process or technology improvement over the 418. I.e., the distinction between the SD808 and SD810 are that the SD810 has "more parts" packed into it.

AnonD-212727, 19 Oct 2015I find this odd too. The GS6, M9 and G4 all have FM radio Maybe it does and was just not in the spec sheet.

AnonD-410249, 20 Oct 2015plz anybody can tell me the difference between blackberry androi... moreA portrait slider QWERTY to start with.. thats a HUGE difference for many of us. Also it makes it quite unique.

AnonD-70078, 20 Oct 2015its android and not BB10Can't wait.. it will be my first Android phone ( Been a Windows User for 10 years.. Yes I know a glutton for punishment). But the 950xl NOT in the US and the 950 only at AT&T was the final straw. Also I want a QWERTY.. I miss my Dell Venue Pro and other QWERTY phones.

• Somebody

John, 17 Oct 2015Shame Shame Shame on BB to have Dual Core Processor in 2015. Sma... moreDual core processor... old? Its actually a brand new processor. And dual core isn't entirely accurate. Its a dual-core A57.... PLUS.... quad-core A53. The A57's are much more powerful processors, but heavy on the power consumption. The A53's, though relatively weak, are still good chips, and much better on power. The A53's will give you pretty good multi-processing performance, while the A57's will give you very strong uni-processing performance.

They *can* all clock up at the same time, and task scheduling will distribute processes over the cores based on the resource demands of the individual processes running.

• Somebody

Mobilemaster, 20 Oct 2015Yes, SERIOUSLY! I know what are you talking about, but there is ... moreFM works everywhere? I've actually noticed quite the opposite. There are many places where you get into radio hell, where you either get NOTHING, or some kind of hillbilly bumpkin music from a horror movie... but cell service is pretty much everywhere, and the data available is much more consistent than the range of the FM radio broadcast.

Maybe its better in places with higher population density, like Europe, but in the US, and even more so in Canada (where blackberry is headquartered), cell service is more extensive than radio broadcast.

Finally!! .. I repeatedly e-mailed BB proposing that concept (an android phone with decent specs and a physical keyboard) .. but would it kill them to put a better look into it?!

AnonD-410249, 20 Oct 2015plz anybody can tell me the difference between blackberry androi... moreits android and not BB10

AnonD-240452, 20 Oct 2015Seriously? an FM radio? There are tons of streaming music servic... moreYes, SERIOUSLY! I know what are you talking about, but there is NO Wireless Connection everywhere, but you can listen to the radio almost everywhere, for FREE! So please stop this foolish comment.