BlackBerry Torch 9800

BlackBerry Torch 9800

• JRF

Hady Aly, 29 Dec 2010Hello guys, I want to know about it's touch screen, is Torch 98... moreAll of this "iPhone killer" stuff is nothing but crap brought on by the media. I currently own the iPhone 4 and the screen is nice. My previous phone, BB Storm 2, has a great, responsive screen. I'm guessing the Torch is the same, if not better. Try one out in person if you can. I can honestly say that the BlackBerry push notification system (email and stuff like facebook) is way better than the iPhone. I really miss that.

• IT dude

hey people i've found a link to os 7.0 for the tourch it works like a dream the phone is so awsome with os 7.0
It turns it from awsome to super awsome and you can upgrade for free.

• Tom

Luv the phone. A couple of things. Vodacom SA are you reading this? On 1st use I could not SMS Nokia phones. Eventually found someone who was aware of the problem and fixed it in 2 minutes. It's a mail setting, nothing wrong with the phone. Take it to Vodacare. Although GPS capable (Vodacom SatNav) the software is not installed by default. Phone vodacom to send the link via sms or email and download a 1.6 meg app. So easy to use. Great product.

• bridge

just got the blackberry torch and i luv it........well the camera is offish but i'm in love with it

• Kelevra

have used the iphone,n8 and now 9800 in a space of 3 weeks, i have to say the torch is the most user friendly BB i have ever used, the screen is bigger,keypad solid,camera excellent, and of course, i get to browse for free.i like the iphone but it is not cost effective,most apps rely on the internet meaning i spend a lot on data, with my BB9800 i pay a fixed fee monthly and enjoy all the benefits.

• Kelevra

*FW*, 28 Dec 2010I have had the phone for a few days now and think that it is gre... moreYour phone's camera is probably faulty, i advise you take back the phone to where you bought it.

hey does the torch support facebook chat

• lia

Hady Aly, 29 Dec 2010Hello guys, I want to know about it's touch screen, is Torch 98... moreI don't have an iphone but comparing to my husband's ipad, torch can perform quite similar response with its touch screen, it really has a nice feel.

• lia

sanya, 30 Dec 2010hey ppl i hvent buyied da blackberry torch bt i m just asking hw... moreI'm using torch now & it's great. I used to crave for N8, but after seeing my husband's new torch I decided to have 1 for my own. The white one is beautiful. The camera is not that bad, it's quite good for indoor activities & the picture is quite crisp. The video recorder is bad, because of frame frequency (30fps would be nice), but video player is good, it can manage video at least at 1334Kbps, 30fps & audio at 128kbps. The screen is big, way bigger than nokia's usual 3.2", and the touch sensitivity is nice. So far my complain is the battery quickly get warm & the video recorder. Everything else is perfect, especially if u're into social networking, email & docs.

• sanya

hey ppl i hvent buyied da blackberry torch bt i m just asking hws dis fone as some r saying its reaaalllllllyyyy good nd some r saying its camera sucks to da core can anybody tell me hws it shd i buy n8 or i phone or blackberry torch
plzzz advice me

thank u!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

• vickram

Darac, 28 Dec 2010Hello to all, I am using this phone and it's GREAT, better than ... morehey darac :
thanx for the link

• Steelheads

Torch is not for the beginner.. `ive use many BB phone be4.. just have to wait for next luck to grab Torch.. if u want some playground on BB .. this phone is not for you.. this is totally bussiness tools for real-human or man with brain.. others is loser .

• THE KING 007`

Donna 1st line techn, 27 Dec 2010King 007 when you get this error message just try to refresh the... morehey donno !!
thank u for d reply.. did try wat u said !! aint workin at all :(
same error msg !

• sunflowerempress

Had my Blackberry Torch 9800 for a month now. I simply enjoy using it. The slider is solid and the interface is very easy to use. I particularly like the feature of being able to enlarge the font. The phone works smoothly and everything about it is great. I would recommend that prospective buyers read the specs well and research about what the phone can do before they buy. The information will help a lot in easily navigating through the menu, and knowledge of some tips and tricks will make using the phone itself a lot easier. Youtube and the Blackberry sites help a lot. I love this phone! :)

amr, 26 Dec 2010hi joe, i also want to disable the auto screen rotation, any luc... moreI have not succeeded so far. If anyone has a bad experience with slider, I have a bad experience, slider is not solid, is bad!

• Hady Aly

Hello guys,
I want to know about it's touch screen, is Torch 9800 better or iPhone 4 ??
and is Torch 9800 really the "iPhone Killer" ??
or just it's marketing stuff ??!
guys please i need a quick answer cause i will buy one of them tomorrow, so, i need help !!

• Mark Gabbi

Hi

When I used the browser on the 9700 I could select an alternate browser so that I could view websites in full rather than mobile versions. Does anyone know how to change the browser config on the 9800?

Many thanks

• Darac

Hello to all, I am using this phone and it's GREAT, better than older RIM phones. You can find a lot of great accessories at http://www.9800accessories.com

• *FW*

I have had the phone for a few days now and think that it is great but i am having problems with the camera.
When i turn it on it has a blank black svreen and have to exit then go back into camera a few more times before it will work.
When i take a picture it sometimes freezes and doesnt save the picture, and then come the camera shoot button doesnt highlight so it wont let me take any pistures, I have to exit camera and start again.
Is anybody else experiencing this problem?
Any Advise?
Thanks in Advance

• Donna 1st line techn

THE KING 007, 27 Dec 2010hey there !! ive been using my torch for over a month ... and ... moreKing 007 when you get this error message just try to refresh the page and while using the browser on your blackberry press the menu key and go to options then clear cache, cookies and history then remove the sim card and battery while the handset is switched on wait for 30 seconds and replace them again, the video will download normally.

Hope I helped.