Cat B35

Cat B35

So i got mine today everything worked nicely lovely phone, but it has a extremely weak screen on it i gently pressed on the screen to see if it was hard as its a rugged phone and when I say pressed i mean the gentlelist of presses and bang the digitiliser just crack all the way down, how on earth is this supposed to be a rugged phone if its in your pocket and it presses against some keys or anything else the digitiliser is gonna crack and go mine now looks like it had a giant ink sploge on the screen and won't switch off.

Hi Guys,

I like that people are active in the comments, so I would like to write my experience with the CAT B35 since there are barely any review or info out there.

Pros: The phone is works well, solid and still quite lightweight (Which I personally like). Most things work as expected. I do not have the feeling its a smartphone, but everything seems to work a bit better than a feature phone in my opinion. This was something I was looking for to kick off the smartphone distraction. Furthermore I think the rest of the phone is just like any other Kai OS phone.

Cons: You notice that some functions that you have in Android are not incorporated. Personally I was looking at a data limit which I was unable to find. There are just the basics in this phone, and some parts for me that are essential are (still) not incorporated.

The phone sometimes freezes for some time, or just turns off. I also have difficulty connecting to some Wi-Fi networks.

What personally bugs me the most is the limited apps available in the store. Besides games and the weather app the only other app (singular) is Twitter. It is stated on their page that the phone has Facebook, this is not true. There is also no release date for Whatsapp, and we are not even sure if it will ever arrive. (Nokia has stated in Juli that Whatsapp will arrive to the 8110, but so far no changes or comments have been made further. Personally I am starting to doubt it)

Conclusion: I personally do not find this device worth the money, the promised features are not included and we do not know when they will arrive. Right now it is just a regular dumb phone with a 4g connection, but checking the internet is not as easy as with a smartphone. The lack of support from the apps and from the companies themselves are difficult to ignore.

Right now I have asked if I could get a refund for the phone, since the promised apps are not available and they are unable to say when they will become available. The Nokia 105 of 15 euros would have done equally well for me.

• Joe

Macbeth, 28 Sep 2018Why can't feature phones have at least an 8MP camera, you k... moreoh man, the C905, that thing had wifi too, that was a bad-a** phone

Ordered one earlier from clove uk, the moment i saw it i just had to have it and the specs look good I like rugged phones and have used alsorts, upgrading my Crosscall x3g to this as its specs is something I have been waiting for on the new generation of feature phones. I gave up with delicate genric smartphones ages ago hate them.

Anonymous, 28 Sep 2018Same specs and same price as Nokia 8110 4g. Better build... moreThere is no VoWiFi on 8110 as far as I know.

• yakimant

Looks like the only "feature" phone with VoWiFi.
Together with hotspot, 4g, battery, durability and price makes it the killer.
Personally, I would prefer less features, like Google stuff.

• Bob

KaBip, 05 Oct 2018Does anyone know,will Whatsapp work on this phone ?Not yet, only an Indian Kai OS brand has this, not in Europe with any brand yet, will come at some point tho

• KaBip

Does anyone know,will Whatsapp work on this phone ?

• Anon

Anonymous, 29 Sep 2018If you wait until the end of the year, you have 4 feature p... more- Nokia 8110 4g - Already out in eu, cheap plastic, splash proof vs ip68
- JioPhone 2; - only in india with own fork of kaiOS
- Xiaomi Qin1s; - 1/2 of ram and 1/8 of memory

No need to chose

Macbeth, 28 Sep 2018Why can't feature phones have at least an 8MP camera, you k... moreHigh megapixel isn’t an assurance of quality. Although I’m not sure the camera on this phone is great. There’s isn’t any demand for feature phones anymore to have good cameras on them. Although with the somewhat advanced features on this one it would be good for the camera to be acceptable, and produces good clear shots.

Anonymous, 28 Sep 2018Positively excited for this one. I am legit going from my P... moreIf you wait until the end of the year, you have 4 feature phones with KaiOS:

- Nokia 8110 4g;
- Cat B35;
- JioPhone 2;
- Xiaomi Qin1s.

Choose wise! :)

Macbeth, 28 Sep 2018Why can't feature phones have at least an 8MP camera, you k... moreas @Stup saing 'MP' isn't everithing, if you take that 2MP ~ Full HD resolution, so you can produce decent photos from 2MP even 4A documents.

Positively excited for this one. I am legit going from my Pixel 2 to this. I am fed up with IM and constant notifications.

• andrew

blue, 28 Sep 2018os?kaios

Same specs and same price as Nokia 8110 4g.

Better build quality and resistance IP67.

Better battery quality 2300mAh.

• Bob

blue, 28 Sep 2018os?It's running KaiOS

• Stup

Macbeth, 28 Sep 2018Why can't feature phones have at least an 8MP camera, you k... more'MP' cannot be quality standard for camera

• blue

os?

Why can't feature phones have at least an 8MP camera, you know, like the Sony Ericsson C905, Sony Ericsson W995 or LG KC780? :(

This is (just one of the reasons) why I absolutely HATE modern feature phones. The older ones are SO MUCH BETTER!

Nice