Google Pixel 6a

• M
  • Meshuggah
  • smX
  • 29 Aug 2022

No 3.5mm jack? RUBBISH! I have NEVER had a phone break from impacting the 3.5mm jack (the attached phone cable broke, sure). But from dongles attached? Nasty USB port breakage. Nasty lack of music when you forget or lose the dongle or it goes faulty. Nasty lack of DAC quality potentially. Nasty lack of charging whilst listening to music capability. Nasty Bluetooth audio quality re-compressing already-compressed digital audio. Nasty small BT device battery and planned obsolescence after a year or two, plus daily yet another battery to manage. Why do idiots accept this lifestyle?
Can't do 10 hour days in the saddle like that. Or two five-hour days - without even thinking about charging. Which is what current technology supports when implemented right! Instead, even by the leaders, we get weak, pathetic design and EVERYONE IS ACCEPTING IT LIKE SUBMISSIVE IDIOTS. Good luck with the world you get when you positively-reinforce bad behavior, people. It's in your hands - literally. The word is Boycott. We have forgotten how, haven't we? Apart from a few select cases that make the news.

• Quark
    • 0Au
    • 29 Aug 2022

Nice phone, but could be better. The fingerprint scanner under the screen is useless for me. It works once out of ten, so I stopped bothering and just use the PIN code to unlock. This is the first time since 2015 that I have not had working fingerprint unlock (multiple Nexus, Pixel and ipad devices), and a major inconvenience. Unless fingerprint improves with future Pixels, I am abandoning Android and going for iphone SE or something similar with working fingerprint unlock.

Mike, 22 Aug 2022Google pixel fast charging only with original google brick,... moreThat's not true. I've used a Samsung 25W Charger and it works perfectly fine. It takes the same time to charge my phone compared to the original Google charger. But I guess you have to be sure that the charger has PD technology

• 6
        • 6a
        • QPh
        • 28 Aug 2022

iamoct, 28 Aug 2022After update to Android 13. Finger print completely broken.... moreThat sucks man... Mine is working flawless after A13 update. Overall phone is solid now and so smooth and battery has been pretty good ;)

• 6
          • 6A
          • QPh

its my cute little buddy. I love 6a as small phone! 👍

Hello. I want to ask is there a way to actually hide apps on a Pixel phone without installing a 3rd-party launcher?

After update to Android 13. Finger print completely broken. It work for some and does not work at all for some reason. Very annoying.

You better stick with 12 you been warn.

• Z
                • Zippi
                • 39y
                • 28 Aug 2022

Gets too hot not just when on charge
                Since Android 13 update adaptive charging doesn't work
                Call quality v-good

• gxE
                  • 26 Aug 2022

Anonymous, 26 Aug 2022Unpopular opinion But instead of 6a, just get the pixel 5 ... moreAbsolutely agree! But it`s very difficult to find...

• mE0
                    • 26 Aug 2022

Unpopular opinion
                    But instead of 6a, just get the pixel 5 second hand instead.
                    It's worth it for the 90hz refresh rate alone!
                    But also has a better finger print scanner, cheaper, pretty much same camera performance (less the gimmicky eraser) and the SD765G is arguably just as good if not better than googles "exynos in disguise" Tensor chip.
                    Also, it's near same screen size but even better fit in your hand.

• N
                      • NoCapJay
                      • RYy
                      • 25 Aug 2022

Anonymous, 24 Aug 2022From those who actually own 6a, what was your experience wh... moreCall quality is crystal clear, I've no issues with call quality.

I was having random dropped calls on Android 12, since upgrading to Android 13 its been butter.

Please note -
                      I got my device last Thursday and I am running graphene OS. So some issues might be isolated to my use case.

Let me end with this, I traded my pixel 4 for my 6A. I'm seriously considering tradingn my 4XL as well for another 6A. to me this is the perfect balance of value vs money spent.

• 25 Aug 2022

Charles, 24 Aug 2022The hardware is the least of our worries. It's the app... moreAlso and yo dont think all other dont? Samsung etc . Tighten up you settings

• 25 Aug 2022

Charles, 24 Aug 2022The hardware is the least of our worries. It's the app... moreChill daddy!!!! Your not the FBI it has privacy settings you know.

• hax
                              • 25 Aug 2022

Charles, 24 Aug 2022The hardware is the least of our worries. It's the app... moreThis is literally the best phone to install GrapheneOS on

• d@D
                                • 24 Aug 2022

From those who actually own 6a, what was your experience when making calls. Was audio clear...

• Charles
                                  • d@D
                                  • 24 Aug 2022

Sin, 05 Aug 2022There's something very wrong with the smartphone marke... moreThe hardware is the least of our worries. It's the apps.... they have no privacy. They are leaking your personal data to god knows who.

Lots sales about 399 is a steal. Beats days of 700 flagship

• StU
                                      • 24 Aug 2022

Honeker, 24 Aug 2022why can't I turn off the volume when I'm on the phone?Because you haven't turned off the volume ?

why can't I turn off the volume when I'm on the phone?