HTC Desire Z

HTC Desire Z

• Htc owner

Htc owner, 09 Mar 2011The new update 1.8+++ seems 2be agood update, battery life will ... morealso 1.8+++ is easy 2 root.So i can tweak my cpu and i use my stock sense i love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
from 806mhz too 1.200 mhz when its not in use i put it on 200mhz with the program setcpu battery life drain is less

• Htc owner

The new update 1.8+++ seems 2be agood update, battery life will inprove and camera fix,smsbug is gone also galarij bug is gone bigproblem in 1.7+++ but the most promizing thing is hes gonna make your phone ready for a big update gingerbread!!!!!!!!
xdadevelopers information

Htc owner, 09 Mar 2011The update Stuntman gives you a better battery life+better camer... moreThanks, for the info. Doesn't look like it's worth updating for me then.

• Htc owner

jj, 08 Mar 2011It is not gingerbread. Just a bug fix update. My kernel version ... morejj got the update now you are right with the update can you tell wot kinda fixes the got in 1.8++++

• Htc owner

AnonD-123, 09 Mar 2011Can you please tell us what bugs it is supposed to fix? I'm hop... moreThe update Stuntman gives you a better battery life+better camera smoother sense but all they say is crap battery life is the same camera dont use standard camera i use camera360 or vignette and smoother sense nah sense is the same.But since the update i got bugs in my phone book myphone freeze sometimes i never had it with 1.4+++ so dont download it!!!Also on xdadevelopers they say leave it and wait for gingerbread update

jj, 08 Mar 2011It is not gingerbread. Just a bug fix update. My kernel version ... moreCan you please tell us what bugs it is supposed to fix? I'm hoping it adds the , and ^ symbols to the physical keyboard. Right now, I have to switch to the on screen keyboard if I want to type those symbols.

Anonymous, 08 Mar 2011Stuntman leave it like this.Now you can easy root your phone put... moreThanks, for the info. I'm not interested in rooting my phone. I'm quite happy with it as is.

AnonD-123, 08 Mar 2011My software is still at 1.34.666.5. No updates available. I su... moreStuntman leave it like this.Now you can easy root your phone put nice roms on it.with new update 1.7+++
the phone is very hard 2root

I LOVE THIS PHONE!!! underrated why????hater???ye

Just got the new HTC Desire Z and I am blown away by the slick technology and user friendly interface. The operating system Android 2 is like the interface on Apple, smooth sliding and scrolling, brilliant internet connectivity, wireless and bluetooth. This is an exceptional phone. The querty keyboard is fantastic. Only comment to HTC is that the toggle button is a little fiddly and it would be nice to have arrows on the keyboard to scroll through content. The phone slides open like a streamlined Farari door! This is the Rolls Royce of phones. Well Done. Looking forward to a wider scope of Apps from the Android comunity. Still haven't been able to download skype mobi for some reason. Ciao.
Tam

jj, 08 Mar 2011It is not gingerbread. Just a bug fix update. My kernel version ... moreMy software is still at 1.34.666.5. No updates available. I suspect that updates here in Canada are delayed compared to other countries. What country are you from?

• shean

Can somebody please tell me the different between HTC Desire Z and TMobile G2? And I wanna know the price range of both phones.

• jj

Lost, 03 Mar 2011How did u update your Desire Z. I am Interested because my phone... moreIt depends on the use. You should check the battery consumption stats. Go your home screen, press the menu button, then "settings", then "about the phone", then "battery", then "battery usage". I can see from there where the juice is going to. Most of it goes to the screen (almost 50%), so check your screen settings to make it less bright.

There are tons of guides out there to further tune and customize your desire Z. Just need to google a bit.

• jj

AnonD-123, 03 Mar 2011What update was this? I wasn't aware there was an update availa... moreIt is not gingerbread. Just a bug fix update. My kernel version is now 2.6.32.21, and the software number is 1.82.405.1.

• jj

Lost, 03 Mar 2011How did u update your Desire Z. I am Interested because my phone... moreTo check your software is easy. Let me give you some instructions, though I must warn that my phone's language is not english and that the instructions may not be using the correct words. In the home screen, check android's menu button, then "settings", "about the phone", and select the software updates option. You have an option to check if your software is up to date.

This depends on your telco, though. I did not buy this phone through a contract, so I am able to follow HTC's updates immediately, without waiting for my provider to review/customize them.

• rg

is the battery life really 9hrs as its provided...??? imp coz want to buy it...

• AnonD-2077

I have been listening about this Z-hinge for a very long time and even at one point of time i too was afraid to buy this phone, but trust me it isnt like it what you see in youtube....

I got this Case (book-type) from Pdair and this phone looks much like a complete business phone and awesome presence. If you think Z-hinge can be an issue for you, get this case.

check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kh4G2RVAp9o
official site: www.pdair.com

I want to share my personal reviews on this phone:

Pro's
5. Google Android experience with Froyo
6. GPS, tithering, 3G, Wifi - all in one combo
7. Premium metal finish - increase phone look and feel

Con's
1. weighs heavier than other phones (180gm)
>> but you will get used to it... :)
2. Battery mah is less
>> if you are a hardcore user, battery will last only a day, if you disabled edge / 3G you can drag up to 1.5-2days with only calls, however standby is really good (~1.2weeks)
3. Z-hinge
>> Hinge is never an issue, buy a pdair case to make it look more professional

• Lost

jj, 02 Mar 2011I have updated recently my desire Z to the last OTA (seems to ha... moreHow did u update your Desire Z. I am Interested because my phones battery last 3/4 of a day?

thanks

• Lost

jj, 02 Mar 2011I have updated recently my desire Z to the last OTA (seems to ha... moreCan you tell me how you updated your phone? I am interested about battery life. Mine usually last 6 to 7 hours. Good phone but battery not so good?
Thanks

jj, 02 Mar 2011I have updated recently my desire Z to the last OTA (seems to ha... moreWhat update was this? I wasn't aware there was an update available for the Desire Z. I know that Gingerbread is due to be released in a few months.

AnonD-123, 28 Feb 2011They are both very similar. The Desire Z is newer and has bette... morethis is a flop phone