HTC Desire Z

HTC Desire Z

HTC home widget for PC.It has cool HTC sense like UI for pc.Shows real time weather with cool animations.

• Byron OA

Just a few hours ago my dad told me that the touchscreen on his HTC Dream is not working anymore, giving me mixed feelings about getting the Desire Z.

• Stuntman

stellazio, 20 Dec 2010hi guys, any comments about the battery life? can this phone las... moreI have to charge mine every day. I don't think it'll last two days for how much I use it. Maybe I can get through on two light usage days.

As for the keyboard, I don't have any problems reaching any of the keys. I just can't see how this can be an issue as I position my thumbs from the bottom of the phone. It did take me a few weeks before I got used to the keyboard. I think this is normal as all keyboards tend to be different. It took me about the same amount of time to get used to my old N97 keyboard as well. The BlackBerry took a lot longer as I rarely every type on it.

• stellazio

hi guys, any comments about the battery life? can this phone last 2 days without recharging, for normal usage of calls/sms/net surfing?

And also is the physical keypad hard to type on, personally i feel that the horizontal width of it makes the middle keys hard to reach for my thumb?

• Chief

Anonymous, 18 Dec 2010is your hinge loose? mine is not. no slack. why do you say i... moreAll thoose things you saying battery life nav maps slow
nah you are talking about your os but m8 your proccesor sux your screen sux it looks cheap yes your n900 is the best DESIRE Z WILL CRUSH YOURe N900

• Dennis

This phone is amazing for tweakers i really love it
Battery life is the only thing you need 2 tweak with setcpu

• AC

Been using this phone for about 2 weeks now and pretty happy with it so far. The battery life is not so bad, especially when compared to other HTC phones like the Desire HD. It has 1.5g of internal storage, which I think is more than enough (since you also get to use external storage). I've downloaded about 80 apps already and still have over 800 megabytes left. The screen is much better than the Desire HD, but not has good as the Nexus One. The sound is clear, although I feel it could be a bit louder (when talking on the phone). Music quality with the earphones is pretty good, without the earphones it's not as good but i wouldn't say bad. Even though the processor is 800hz it's still feels very fast, in fact it's much faster than the 1ghz i9000 galaxy s running android 2.1. I don't think the hinge is really a big issue at all. personally I can't stand poor workmanship such as loose battery covers, yet even I'm not bothered by the hinge. HTC sense widgets are great, in fact I've become so used to them that I can't use a phone without them anymore (the other widgets are just so ugly). My biggest problem with this phone is the camera. Pictures come out grayish and are easily overexposed when using flash. Compared to other 5mega pixel cameras this one is really bad.

• todor

Does anyone knows how to connect to internet via USB cable with "internet pass-through"?
I've installed the latest HTC Sync 3.0.5481 on XP SP2, and some update KB959765 and it worked for the first time. Now, when I connect it don't want to work.

• 0v0

Byron OA, 19 Dec 2010Thanks Stuntman, and also i would like to know if HTC will make ... moreyes. it will get the Gingerbread 2.3 in 2 months time along with Desire HD.

• Byron OA

Stuntman, 19 Dec 2010You can type using the on screen keyboard both in landscape and ... moreThanks Stuntman, and also i would like to know if HTC will make the Desire Z upgradable to Android 2.3 Gingerbread?

• Stuntman

Byron OA, 19 Dec 2010Guys please I'm so looking forward to getting this phone but i w... moreYou can type using the on screen keyboard both in landscape and portrait mode.

Multitasking seems OK. I don't really stress my phone that much. At least what I do on the phone, everything seems pretty smooth. The only delay I may get would be due to the network than the phone itself.

It's really hard to say much about Meego. It is supposed to be pretty advanced. Nothing has been officially announced. There have been a few glimpses here and there. With the E7 yet to be released, I expect that Nokia may wait for the E7 to have a chance to build up some sales before they announce the next high end platform.

• Byron OA

Guys please I'm so looking forward to getting this phone but i would like to know, can you type on the touchscreen,(with the keyboard closed)? Please i only want answers from people who own this phone. And how is the multi-tasking?
On the other hand do you think i should wait for Nokia Meego?

• Blazta

LoL u Can overclock this baby´s cpu to over 1700Mhz

Anonymous, 18 Dec 2010If you want to go for it and is only stuck with the HINGE ISSUE ... moreis your hinge loose? mine is not. no slack.

why do you say its loose, when its not. When the desire z is closed it is really closed, it doesnt go anywhere.

Chief, go and program your java, its all android users are allowed to do. We r on a closed system that requires hacks (rooting) to give a little freedom. We android users are no better than iPhone users, we are being screwed in our behinds with limitations and ads (or pay like gayPhone users do). And N900 is not a better phone, just it has a superior OS. If it was so good a fone i wouldnt have the desire z. Battery life, thickness, resistive screen, extremely bad and slow maps/nav, its pretty hard to live with when its almost 2011. Nokia has made the best unit but they didnt follow up to strengthen the important framework around it. Nokia wasted their time and resources on the symbian crap instead of the only good OS to ever hit a handheld.

• stellazio

htcFan, 17 Dec 2010Why did HTCH put only 800MHZ of processor instead of a 1GB... So... moreI thought people were saying that is the new 2nd generation processor, and even if it was only 800mhz, its performs better then the 1gb snapdragon?

mr.z, 11 Dec 2010hi guys, i am using a nokia n97 n i want to switch to htc desire... moreIf you want to go for it and is only stuck with the HINGE ISSUE everyone is discussing, you CAN PROCEED and BUY IT. The HINGE ISSUE is not a problem, for me and I think for any realistic user. It's looose but it will give you the Joy of pop open the keboard only with a flick, with almost no pressure!

• Stuntman

htcFan, 17 Dec 2010Why did HTCH put only 800MHZ of processor instead of a 1GB... So... moreI don't think it needs a 1 GHz processor. Runs well as is.

• Chief

Anonymous, 17 Dec 2010Hey man, Android can never be full linux as it uses dalvik machi... moreemo you ever bin on xda developers ? you still saying n9000 is better then desire z lol

• Adriana

I have it from a couple of days, and I love it! But the battery is s***.