HTC Touch Diamond

HTC Touch Diamond

• Kooma

Kimi, 03 Jul 2008Thank you very much. You helped me a lot. I want to buy this ... moreYes it is very easy to use and now it responses much quicker than before and it really works like they have planned or y have seen those videos. So there is nothing to complain about it.

• WING

I too upgraded the software (ROM) to a new version (1.37.707.1 WWE) at the HTC service centre in Singapore last week. All it took was about 30 mins (provided no other customers in the queue). One word of caution...all the data will be lost (like a hard reset) after the upgrade and please do the necessary data back-up before upgrading. After the system upgrade, everything is working fine now. The Batt life does seemed a bit better and my previous problem of not receiving notifications of incoming SMS when the phone is in sleep mode is now resolved. Am so far happy with the phone. CHEERS!

• Justin

Kooma, 03 Jul 2008Yes, it is faster and I think it wonīt suck so much power than b... moreI just received an unlocked version and I have an older ROM version (1.35.707.3). How would I get this update as it doesn't appear on the HTC website for me.

Also, is anyone having problems with the speaker cutting out when using the audio/video?

• Kimi

Kooma, 03 Jul 2008Yes, it is faster and I think it wonīt suck so much power than b... moreThank you very much. You helped me a lot.

I want to buy this phone and I want to know if you have any problems with the touch D-pad? Is it easy to use?

• Kooma

Kimi, 03 Jul 2008Thank you for your reply I have a question. Would you please ... moreYes, it is faster and I think it wonīt suck so much power than before. I didīn have any problems with earlier version(1.35.431), but this seems to be better, how much it is impossible to say, but it responses much better if y use Touch 3d.

why no card slot very nice phone its a shame same to Iphone.

• wally

hi every one ...is arabic version is availble i want to buy it htc is better phones

• Kimi

Kooma, 03 Jul 2008Sry that link doesnīt work, so take to the HTC world wide and ch... moreThank you for your reply

I have a question. Would you please answer:
Is the new ROM much better than the old one? Or they don't have much difference?
I mean is the phone so fast with the new ROM?

• Ken

Kooma, 03 Jul 2008HI, Y can load it here: http://www.htc.com/member/login.aspx.... moreWhere I can download the latest rom?

• Chris

Richard, 02 Jul 2008you might as well ask if planes can land in sunways. no phones e... moreOne more reply and interesting link for Richard and his sunway landing comment:-)

• Kooma

Sry that link doesnīt work, so take to the HTC world wide and choose HTC e-Club, then register yself and put y phones S/N number then y can get the new ROM.

Kimi, 02 Jul 2008When is the new ROM going to be officialy released?HI,

Y can load it here: http://www.htc.com/member/login.aspx.

I have loaded a new ROM version(1.37.401.3 WWE) yesterday and everything works little bit faster than before, I thing they have optimised how it uses memory. There was none of problems to downloaded new version of ROM, so I am happy again.

• Chris

Richard, 02 Jul 2008you might as well ask if planes can land in sunways. no phones e... moreI think you are wrong... Please check this site for more information:

Definately go for the Samsung i900 Omnia.

Kimi, 02 Jul 2008They are going to release new battery (1350 mah) As the gsmar... moreTry it for yourself....

• Anon in Vancouver

I've had this phone for approx 2 weeks now. Paid $700 Cdn from local internet vendor. Using Rogers Canada. No 3G of course, I could never afford Roger'$ rate$! Turned off GPRS and Edge but wifi works great whenever available. Will definitely use 3G when I'm in Asia/Europe. Overall, the phone is very good. The best is the shape and weight. It just feels so good in your hand and pocket. Only need one hand to turn on/off, answer calls, navigate and type. If you have fat fingers don't bother with any touch phone unless you like to use stylus 24/7. I currently use both touch/stylus 70%/30% as there are some features where it's a lot faster to use the stylus. Have been installing the different ROMs from xda developers and applying tweaks so TouchFlo speed has not been a big issue (don't get this phone _yet_ if you're not comfortable updating the ROM and editing the Windows registry). I do need to soft reset maybe once or twice a day but it's very easy to do and doesn't take long. No problem with battery as I have computer at work and home and just plug it into the USB, can go two days w/o charging when using phone/internet/ camera/games. Opera browser is very good and fast, Youtube app is good too. No figure print issues if you put phone in your pocket. Use the screen protector, helps the TouchFlo sensitivity a lot.
Negatives:
1)Biggest negative is crappy speaker. Put call or music on speaker and the sound from top speaker is very bad. Headphone use is excellent though but it is miniUSB.
2)Device gets really hot when charging and using the phone at the same time. Would not recommend doing both at same time.
3)Memory leak. After using camera, browser, or Youtube app for a long time, best to do soft reset. I've read some people turn off TouchFlo and say phone is super fast without it, but so far I like TouchFlo too much to turn it off.

Definitely recommend buying it as a fashion phone, but wait for Diamond Pro if you are looking for PDA/smartphone.(Pro is too thick in my opinion though, Diamond's size is just excellent!).

• dennis

battry is real bad but that's the only bad thing on the phone

Anonymous, 01 Jan 1970I personally think that the Omnia is better. The only drawback to the omnia is the low resolution screen ( well for a 3.2 inch screen) when compared to the Diamond. Other than that the camera is better, it has tv out, and supports divx and xvid videos out of the box!

• Kimi

Anonymous, 02 Jul 2008Even the new ROM can fix the lag of this phone; the quiet speake... moreThey are going to release new battery (1350 mah)

As the gsmarena rated, the speaker volume isn't so bad

Even the new ROM can fix the lag of this phone; the quiet speaker volume & the short battery is still a big drawback!