HTC Touch HD

HTC Touch HD

• Dexter Morgan

Anthony, 11 Oct 2009I値l take it maryone is still not good for day to day use? By t... moreSo i'm guessing you'll leave this forum... :(

Do you have a facebook account?

• Anthony

Dexter Morgan, 11 Oct 2009MaryOne so far: Leo Manila is the fastest of all ROMs, actual... moreI値l take it maryone is still not good for day to day use?
By the way I sold it. I知 now part of the sheep pack. I知 using a Motorola C156 till Clove gets there stock of HD2's in November.
I知 a 3 legged sheep totting a 17" laptop to do everything my temp crap phone can稚 do.
I need a way to speed up the days, lol
This was my first day without my HD and it was hell.

MaryOne so far:

Leo Manila is the fastest of all ROMs, actually reads 100s of sms with no problem..

- Volume control is windows default but expanded
- When you tap on the task bar a panel appears if you click on the Windows Logo the hTC volume control shows up. Weird ha?
- No task manager on the top right corner

It doesn't matter now.. I'm flashing Dutty R14 again.. :P

MaryOne issues so far:

- GPRS stays on. (Disable it using HDTweaks thanks to Anthony)
- Notifications shown below doesn't display whole words, the rest becomes hidden beneath, under the physical buttons.
- Contacts display blank screen.

I'll see what more i'll find..

• Dexter Morgan

Transformer, 11 Oct 2009Thanks for the info Dexter Morgan, i currently waiting for ROM ... moreNo problem man, i'm flashing MaryOne rom now and see what's going on then feed back here.. ;)

• Transformer

Dexter Morgan, 10 Oct 2009Guys i hear that MaryOne Rom is the best so far, he has fixed th... moreThanks for the info Dexter Morgan, i currently waiting for ROM that base on window 7?. sure will b fan :).

• Dexter Morgan

Farhan, 11 Oct 2009Hi Dexter, Thank you for your fast and informative reply. I... moreBoth capacitive and resistive screens have features, but capacitive is better for current GUIs..
Put in mind though, that you won't be able to use a stylus (Screen pen) anymore.. So you'll find it hard to draw or write without a stylus, the reason is that resistive responds to a pixel touch, capacitive respons to a group of pixels...

You have 2 options if i were you:
1- Buy a used HD until a better phone comes out next year.
2- Wait for the HD2

• Farhan

Hi Dexter,

Thank you for your fast and informative reply.
I would get the HD2 for around $980 in Canada. and the HD for $690. Is the difference alot? and is it worth the extra $290? I am a university student and i do not know if the HD2 will be that much of a difference to me.
one of the key feature that is standing out is the campative touchscreen is it better than the resistive?

• Dexter Morgan

Farhan, 10 Oct 2009hi, sorry i realized i did not post my nmae before, my previous ... moreHello Farhan,

Price In US:
Touch HD is $590
Touch HD2 is $870

difference is $280..

If i wear u and i didn't have the HD i'd wait for the HD2..

But you might think the difference in price is too much, well its up to..

But because i already have the HD i would wait for more features from next hTC phones..

• Farhan

hi, sorry i realized i did not post my nmae before, my previous post was

"ok, last week i wanted the HD and i was this close to getting it cause i was just dyin for one, and now the HD2 came out. some1 shot me =P
does any1 know the U.S price of HD2?
and is it that much better than the HD?
wat is the difference between capative and resistive touchscreen?

Thanks,"

anyways i do not have a HD, i want to get a HD but ur saying to wait for the HD2? but thats another few weeks =S and also how much will be the price diff? in canada i am getting one for $690. how much will the HD2 be? since i am getting the HD one year late, is it worth it or should i get the HD2?

Farhan

• Dexter Morgan

Guys i hear that MaryOne Rom is the best so far, he has fixed the bugs and its running great now.. also the his Win 6.5 Rom went from 23060 to 23064.

Check it out:

• Dexter Morgan

Vogue, 10 Oct 2009Hey guys I like to have honest opinion on Dutty's R5 rom (htc se... moreYou can check replies about this opinion on the previous post from Anthony and my self and others as well..

To conclude, if you haven't bought an HD yet you have to get the HD2, but if you have one, hold on to it until you feel for a better upgrade..
My most interesting feature on HD2 is the Capacitive and 4.3" screen.. CPUs aren't necessary yet since the HD new cooked ROMs are pretty fast and satisfying, until more powerful apps come out next year..

• Vogue

Hey guys I like to have honest opinion on Dutty's R5 rom (htc sense) on HTC HD. I really love this htc sense on htc hd2. Is this rom same & fast on hd?

Htc hd2 is too expensive & too big for me and also I need resistive screen. I got good deal on touch hd and i want to know about this leo interface before i buy. Thanks to all.

does any1 know the U.S price of HD2?
and is it that much better than the HD?
wat is the difference between capative and resistive touchscreen?

Thanks,

• Transformer

Saed102, 08 Oct 2009the latest version of core player is 1.3.6. This is arabic site.... moreThanks Saed102 for sharing the core player. help me alot.

• Dexter Morgan

Anthony, 09 Oct 2009thanks for the reply. I don't change phone that often. my last ... moreOh my, hope you were okay back then?.. Looks like a terrible accident, i'm sure you your self didn't respond as well.. :S

• Anthony

Dexter Morgan, 09 Oct 2009My friend bought his HD used as well for 」290.. You wanna go ahe... morethanks for the reply.
I don't change phone that often. my last phone was the Qtek S200 and I had that about 2 years till I crashed a ATV I was riding into a dried up river. I think when I hit the ground or the trees on the way down it damaged the screen. because it stopped responding after that.

• Dexter Morgan

Anthony, 09 Oct 2009Dexter. someone I know was looking at my phone and liked it. an... moreMy friend bought his HD used as well for 」290.. You wanna go ahead and sell, its up to you.. But like i said i will wait for a full review and see a convincing fact to replace my phone..
Other than that i will wait for the phone of the specs i mentioned..
I usually change my phone every 8 months to a year, but every phone had a convincing reason to replace..

• Dexter Morgan

Anthony, 09 Oct 2009the speed I think you are going to see is a drastic cut down in ... moreAnthony,
Why would you want to open more than 10 apps?

I think we should wait for a full review on why the HD must be replaced with the HD2..

• Dexter Morgan

NICK, 09 Oct 2009LOL !! Finally you admitted that how nasty htc hd is out of box.... moreI compared 6.1 with 6.5.. My friend was already not having problems with 6.1, he actually pointed alot of interesting facts about about the HD that his previous phone (iPhone3g) didn't have.. But noticing how much faster, stable and more friendly gui the cooked and 6.5 has, he wanted to flash it..
The Leo it self will need cooking as well, i noticed some slowness in videos on youtube.. Fast but not for a 1ghz cpu..
So its not perfect out of the box too.. Maybe you should clean up your basement.. I don't why you think we stay in basements to flash cooked roms..
I do that anywhere anytime, at work at home at my friend's place..
That's how ideotic you are to stay in basements with your phone and figuring out how to flash your head with a cooked brain..