HTC Touch Viva

HTC Touch Viva

• Preyas

tech.john@hotmail.co, 24 Feb 2009Hi Guys, Good day, I just need help on comparing the Viva ... moreHey John,

Both are good phones... Nokia has 3G i.e if you extensively use the internet on phone... also the processor is a tad faster than Viva.. But Viva has Windows 6.1

So I would suggest you decide whether u want a Windows based cell or a Symbian and than consider other factors..
As far as price is concerned Viva is around 10-20 Euros costlier than Nokia...
Hope this makes sense..

• Nik

Rob, 25 Feb 2009hi..planning on getting this touch viva.. Just wanted to know... moreyes it supports.I'm using 4gb card, workinng fantastic.

regards,

• qa

No., 25 Feb 2009thanks for the reply Preyas.. yea i did restart it and it wen... moreits not so nice but has it got the weather?

• Rob

hi..planning on getting this touch viva..

Just wanted to know whether it supports
Memory card micro sd..

Could anyone tell me..appresciate it a lot

Thanks..

Rob :)

thanks for the reply Preyas..

yea i did restart it and it went back to 38 % couple days ago.. But when i check again, its gone up back to 44 %..what do u think about that ?

and the yellow light that usually blinks turns on 24/7.. The problem solved when i restart the phone.. But is there any logical explanation to that ??

thanks alot !

• Preyas

Anonymous, 24 Feb 2009guys should we restart or turn off this cell phone every couples... moreNo My Friend... its NOT needed...

• Preyas

No., 23 Feb 2009hi.. how come the percentage of program memory in use on my viva... moreHEy No,

the Program Mem will not increase unless some data is installed or u may have had copied some files/sms or anything of that sort...

If still this keeps on increasing than try resetting ur device..

• tech.john@hotmail.co

Hi Guys,

Good day,

I just need help on comparing the Viva and the Nokia E63. Its hard to choose.

Comparison
- same can browse the internet(wifi,gprs)
- battery life ok

Nokia
- got a full qwerty keyboard
- memory up to 8gb
- expensive

badly need advice.

thanks in advance.

tech.john@hotmail.com

guys should we restart or turn off this cell phone every couples day or what ?

hi.. how come the percentage of program memory in use on my viva keeps getting higher although i dont open any program ? it was 45% yesterday and its 54% today.. any help / explanation on how to reduce that ?

thanks

• blaze

Nik, 22 Feb 2009Calm down ! seems you've disabled your Touchflo feature. Go to S... morethanks Nik : )

• Nik

blaze, 21 Feb 2009my touchFLO homescreen is gone guys.. how do i pop it back ??? thanksCalm down ! seems you've disabled your Touchflo feature. Go to Start - Settings - Today - Items. Check box for Touchflo then press OK.
Should solve the prob !
Try it,

• blaze

my touchFLO homescreen is gone guys.. how do i pop it back ??? thanks

• blaze

hey guys,, my menu is gone there is no more clock and all that stuff that is usually there ( everything in the middle are gone) the start button is still there...
what can i do to pop the stuff back ? thanks

• Nik.

Preyas, 19 Feb 2009Hey I don't think it has anything o do with a 'Weak Signal'. But... morePreyas! It worked, thanks a lot dear.

• Ste

steven, 14 Feb 2009Hi Snehal, Thanks for the feedback, I was able to receive pic... morewhen u select a file u want to send u wont find send via bluetooth
its called BEAM and u can send through this
hope i helped u

• Preyas

NIk, 19 Feb 2009Thanks bro for the reply... I connected thru Wi-fi,and I was ... moreHey I don't think it has anything o do with a 'Weak Signal'. But ur problem is an interesting one.

There are 2 options for you:

1. Goto Start-> Settings-> Connections-> Click on Connections Icon
2. Now Click on 'Advanced' tab
3. Now Click on 'Select Networks' Buton on the upper right hand side
4. Now there should be 2 dropdowns available
5. In both the dropdowns Select option 'My Work Network'

This steps will disable ur GPRS as it will try to connect ot the 'My work n/w'

Hope this works for u...

• NIk

Preyas, 18 Feb 2009Hey Hi Nik, There is no such compulsion to use Edge/GPRS whil... moreThanks bro for the reply...

I connected thru Wi-fi,and I was surfing thru wi-fi,but after few minutes when clicked for some link it said (connecting to GPRS.when checked on that bar it showed WAP connected and WI-FI was disconnected)
May be when the signal gets weak, it tries to connect through GPRS/WAP.
Pls tell me how to disable GPRS WAP manually, I dont how to do that.

• Preyas

Nik, 18 Feb 2009Hello ! Can you pls tell me, how to disable EDGE/GPRS/WAP if ... moreHey Hi Nik,

There is no such compulsion to use Edge/GPRS while connected using Wi-fi.

I personally am not able to understand as to why ur GPRS is getting active while connecting to a Wifi n/w

Try manually disabling the GPRS after connecting to a Wifi n/w
1.Go to Comm. Manager and Enable ur Wifi
2. Now according to you if GPRS is getting activated than the 'Data Connection' option will be displayed as 'ON'
3. Now after your Wifi is connected try tapping on the 'DataConnection' and ur GPRS should be turned off
4. Now your Wifi should still remain active. Check the Wifi it should be seen as 'ON'

Try these steps and tell me if its working Good or now..

• Nik

Lorenzo, 04 Jan 2009hi sumit! No memory card in the box and the headset costs 22.90... moreHello !

Can you pls tell me, how to disable EDGE/GPRS/WAP if i dont want to use any of this.
As I want to use only Wi-fi feature, but when I do that EDGE/GPRS/WAP all these gets live.
Or is it like, to use Wi-fi the device uses the EDGE/GPRS/WAP features?