Huawei Mate 20 X

Huawei Mate 20 X

Elisa, 17 Nov 20192 questions, i hope that you can help me: mi max 3 vs mate 20 x... moreI can't comment on the cameras from the Mi Mix 3 but I can confirm that the cameras on the Mate 20 X are great. My only complaints are that you can't zoom in with the 40MP sensor and you can't record 4K in 60FPS. Other than that, they're great and take some great shots.

Google Play Store still works on my phone. No issues. I think that Google Play Store affects newer Huawei phones, though I could be wrong.

I would highly recommend the Mate 20 X over the Mi Mix 3. You get a bigger screen, bigger battery, headphone jack and dual stereo speakers. I've had this phone for over a year now and I have had no regrets at all.

• Elisa

2 questions, i hope that you can help me:
mi max 3 vs mate 20 x

-It is really a slightly difference between the 2 cameras? I was hoping that Huawei, beign the fact that has Leica lens, would be better that any other.
-Huawei has now a problem with google play store.. I want an excellent camera, and phablet.. seems that Mate 20 X has what i want but.... should i buy it anyway?
Thank you in advance!!

i have a ravpower qualcomm 3.0 charger (36w). will it quick charge this mate 20 pro?

Jolt, 14 Nov 2019Which store did you use?It is in KSA souq.com.

• Ammar212

Doom, 16 Nov 2019Android 10 is here, posted on 16 Nov 2019.way way faster than ph... moremake sure not to make firmware update ever and use it as is with the EMUI 9.0 because it is best for battery and speaker and gaming no lack

again do not do any update

because you cannot roll back

wait for android 10 maybe it will be better

the best firmware is

9.0.0.200

No update yet, still waiting, could huawei make it fast for mate 20 X.

• 46xy

itumir, 14 Nov 2019Got my 128 GB nano SD card at $29 from online shop and is authentic.Thanks.
I found it in AliExpress.
But nm card reader is not included.
That costs 9 usd.

Android 10 is here, posted on 16 Nov 2019.way way faster than phones released at the same time last year of Nokia, Samsung, LG, Motorola and many more. Only exception is Google and Oneplus.

• Jolt

itumir, 14 Nov 2019Got my 128 GB nano SD card at $29 from online shop and is authentic.Which store did you use?

46 xy, 03 Nov 2019After using about 2 week i admit that mate 20 x is a great devic... moreGot my 128 GB nano SD card at $29 from online shop and is authentic.

Pobinr, 12 Nov 2019Love this phone. But one basic thing is not right. The stupid ch... moreUse a magnetic USB C charging cable.

• Pobinr

Love this phone. But one basic thing is not right. The stupid charge socket is now flakey. Difficult to make it connect to charger. So the latest version of micro USB whatever it's called is just useless as the previous version !

NabNab, 09 Nov 2019Hi. You can change the launcher. Huawei mate 20x is a great phab... moreI do not find microsoft launcher on mine, how to you install it, and with microsoft launcher could i still use/install apk apps or i could only install exe files.

Could you please advice, i m considering switching to microsoft launcher if that's really so good.

• NabNab

Eldamri, 14 Sep 2019Hi guys, can anyone tell me if we can change launcher with mate ... moreHi. You can change the launcher. Huawei mate 20x is a great phablet but not a fan of emui as its icons n fonts are too big for me. So i'm using microsoft launcher as i can resize those into smaller ones. If huawei decides to include resizing icons n fonts smaller than now then i will return to emui. Btw i have been using mate20x for 9/10 months.

• 46 xy

After using about 2 week i admit that mate 20 x is a great device.
Just not as sharp as QHD screen..but its acceptable.
If it was 16:9 ratio it was more joyful to read my medical books.
Miss the micro SD; nano card is too pricey....

Bluesyone, 19 Oct 2019Is Mate 30 X in the works and be released soon? Want to replace ... moreJust get the Mate 20X.

• 46 xy

Wad Mabbit, 29 Oct 2019Brilliant fix! Thank you. Now just have to figure out how ... moreWC.
Have you tried the Display in settings ( increase text and display size there ).

Anonymous, 18 Oct 2019I did a factory reset to the phone and all google access got deleted. Interesting.

Screws up resale value, eh?
I wonder if there's an app to clear everything personal, revert to defaults, set up for new owner, ahhrrgh...

..So what did you do? Sideload?
I had to pull some Google apps from Play. But fine after that (INT version)

Anonymous, 22 Oct 2019Please use gboard. And make key height minimumBrilliant fix!

Thank you.

Now just have to figure out how to magnify the screen without using the inbuilt triple-knuckle_tap (awkward when playing shooters). Some display text (not chat or keyboard related) is very small. Maybe it's the HD (1496x720) screen res? Lowest setting though...

I must be getting old, but having to squint on a 7.2" screen? Meh!

• Steff

Can we expect Mate 30 X or maybe Honor Note 20 ? We really need that!