Huawei Mate 40

Huawei Mate 40

Looking the phone from front, impossible to say if it is Motorola, Oppo, OnePlus or Huawei.
Ridiculous.

• Bfn

Mr.Andreeew, 25 Oct 2020Looking good with specifications, but wo Play Market(((((XDA Googlefier app will install GMS easily

• Mr.Andreeew

Looking good with specifications, but wo Play Market(((((

• TaZ

900+ euro price range and NO OIS on main camera? C'mon :((

Wow they manage to keep the headphone jack. Good job

Anonymous, 24 Oct 2020It has stereo speakersNop

• Nick

Tama, 23 Oct 2020Guess my Mate 10 will live for another year, Mate 40 is a g... moreI've still got my mate 10. It's still a very capable device and I like the wider 16.9 display.

• alex f

Lstar4real, 24 Oct 2020Am getting this phone for sure....Yellow leather with Gold ... moreThat’s more like orange color I suppose.

Am getting this phone for sure....Yellow leather with Gold finish look so cool......

Ravikumar, 23 Oct 2020No Stereo Speakers for Flagship grade mobile, having 6"... moreIt has stereo speakers

Anonymous, 24 Oct 2020IP68, realy? I don't think, watch at Huawei webpage! T... moreIP53 only.

IP68, realy? I don't think, watch at Huawei webpage! The Mate 40 Pro has IP68, not the Mate 40.

• I was making a compa

Mobilemaster, 23 Oct 2020I was making a comparison, since that guy said this phone i... moreI was making a comparison, since that guy said this phone is huge. I explained there are bigger phones than this, I think you can agree with me on that, coz this is my point here.

• Roll

Anonymous, 23 Oct 2020I demand a review for this phone. Definitely agree with you mate! We need a thorough review of this Mate model GSMArena, please... Looking forward to it.

Just noticed on their website that there is a slightly thicker Vegan Leather option! Not sure which colours, maybe the orange and green, but that would be my preference. No fingerprints and much grippier so no case required. I'm loving this even more!

3.5mm jack and IR port, matte frosted finish, 90Hz display, wow! This is close to perfect. I love the colours and styling, and camera layout. Nice to have some different and unique compared to the swathes of Samsung copies.

Only cons for me are that it's a little too tall and I despise curved displays. They're utterly pointless. Why would anyone want their videos or any other content bent and distorted over the edges. Any sort of lighting will cause glare and reflections so you'll not be able to see the content. Also one review mentioned that the keyboard buttons on the edges maybe difficult to press.

GMS would be nice but you never know in a few months, fingers crossed.

I may get this regardless just for the 3.5mm jack and IR port. I'm finding it hard to replace my current Xiaomi Mi 5 :)

YUKI93, 23 Oct 2020Usually, that is always the case alongside the P series - l... moreHonestly speaking, the jack will not matter to me as long as it'll have the GMS again, I'll immediately upgrade either to Mate 30 or Mate 40.

Update: Mate 40 will have the jack.

I just clear my doubt now...i watched the presentation again.... All mate 40 series have dual speaker and stereo speaker....maybe Mate 40 will not be as powerful as others but it's stereo speaker.. Its also IP53... M happy about it...

• Tama

Guess my Mate 10 will live for another year, Mate 40 is a good phone but not good enough for an upgrade.

• Ravikumar

No Stereo Speakers for Flagship grade mobile, having 6" plus display, come on huawei, dont dissappoint your fans.