Huawei MediaPad M5 8

Huawei MediaPad M5 8

• Ali

ADMS, 25 Mar 2019Anyone use 3rd party launcher? Does it automatically change back... moreI use nova launcher on Huawei Y360 phone that has KitKat (4.4.2)
I only white listed nova in its built-in app killer (in newer androids they moved it to power saving options I heard)

I don't know if in newer huawei devices they always come back to default launcher or not but in my phone it don't get back to default launcher.

Although I did the above to achieve that I think. (I don't remember because I changed it two years ago)

HIya. I'm interested to know about the current EMUI 9.0 (and the supposed newer EMUI 9.1) of the Mediapad M5 tablet.
Some of my other questions:
1 Is there a full systemwide dark mode?
2 Is there a swipe up to reveal the apps tray? (hate the apps tray icon and the traditional 3 nav buttons on the bottom of the screen)
3 Any enhancements to the audio?
4 IS there a Night Mode or blue light filter?
5 Is there a Chromecast support now? Or do we have to download a 3rd-party app?
6 Can we still install 3rd-party launchers?
7 A way to change the RGB colour gamut of the screen?
8. Does it support fast charging?
Many thanks.

AV, 18 Mar 2019Argos has M5 8. There is no sim slot. Anybody know why? They car... moreThere is a wifi only and cellular versions of this tablet.

• WOOF

Aaron, 07 Feb 2019No,it would not support M Pen.It actually supports the M Pen. Do your research.

• MONTY

AV, 18 Mar 2019Argos has M5 8. There is no sim slot. Anybody know why? They car... moreThere is a slot for a memory card.

• ADMS

Anyone use 3rd party launcher? Does it automatically change back to EMUI like any other huawei smartphones? I need use different launcher... If yes wont buy it.

• AV

Argos has M5 8. There is no sim slot. Anybody know why? They carry a different version?

• Nick

Which is better huwaei media 5 8 or MI pad 4?. Confused which one to buy

Does it support two sim/or is it a dual sim phone?

• Aaron

Anonymous, 05 Feb 2019Does it support m penNo,it would not support M Pen.

Does it support m pen

• D3

hahahaha, 17 Jan 2019this tablet comes with no earpiece.. then can use only speaker o... moreYou can buy an adapter.

• hahahaha

muneer, 06 Dec 2018Can I use this device for calling like any other mobile ? I mea... morethis tablet comes with no earpiece.. then can use only speaker or earphone..
this is one of the shortcomings that stop me from buying this tablet

I want to know about its portability.. Is this can be carried in pant pocket easily? Is this can be operated by one hand?

• husky

Anonymous, 24 Dec 2018Even the 10.8" tablet doesn't have the earphone jack. It's nothi... moreIt has an earphone converter, from huawei to 3.5mm audio, which is similar to iphone earpod converter to convert the iphone lighten earpods to 3.5mm earphone

Dante101, 23 Dec 2018An 8 inch device, still couldn't find some space for a headphone... moreEven the 10.8" tablet doesn't have the earphone jack. It's nothing about the size. The manufacturers are trying to move away from the earphone jack, in order to peddle something newer and more expensive to the consumers.

An 8 inch device, still couldn't find some space for a headphone jack?!?

• Caz

muneer, 06 Dec 2018Can I use this device for calling like any other mobile ? I mea... moreYes, you can use it like mobilfone.

• Reef13

muneer, 06 Dec 2018Can I use this device for calling like any other mobile ? I mea... moreYes like on any other phone

• muneer

Can I use this device for calling like any other mobile ?
I mean to put it near my ear not using a headphone.
Is it really has only speaker if any calls happen ?