Huawei MediaPad M5 8

Huawei MediaPad M5 8

• Kishor

Squiddy, 20 Aug 2021Will it get EMUI 10 this year?Its getting HarmonyOS 2

• Squiddy

Will it get EMUI 10 this year?

• tablethaver

jodido2021, 24 Jan 2021It's a great tablet but--no system updates. So you�... moreNope, the latest official firmware is Android 9 with EMUI 9.1.0.4 released in October 2020

jodido2021, 24 Jan 2021It's a great tablet but--no system updates. So you�... moreNo, it has Android 9.

• jodido2021

It's a great tablet but--no system updates. So you're stuck with Android 8 and EMUI 8.

55821, 18 May 2020Great gaming tablet, even today. If it had an AMOLED displa... moreThe Galaxy tab S/Pro has a similar but AMOLED display though, they should've used it here btw

Great gaming tablet, even today. If it had an AMOLED display, it would be absolutely perfect.

Amazing tablet 100%

• Ali

ADMS, 25 Mar 2019Anyone use 3rd party launcher? Does it automatically change... moreI use nova launcher on Huawei Y360 phone that has KitKat (4.4.2)
I only white listed nova in its built-in app killer (in newer androids they moved it to power saving options I heard)

I don't know if in newer huawei devices they always come back to default launcher or not but in my phone it don't get back to default launcher.

Although I did the above to achieve that I think. (I don't remember because I changed it two years ago)

HIya. I'm interested to know about the current EMUI 9.0 (and the supposed newer EMUI 9.1) of the Mediapad M5 tablet.
Some of my other questions:
1 Is there a full systemwide dark mode?
2 Is there a swipe up to reveal the apps tray? (hate the apps tray icon and the traditional 3 nav buttons on the bottom of the screen)
3 Any enhancements to the audio?
4 IS there a Night Mode or blue light filter?
5 Is there a Chromecast support now? Or do we have to download a 3rd-party app?
6 Can we still install 3rd-party launchers?
7 A way to change the RGB colour gamut of the screen?
8. Does it support fast charging?
Many thanks.

AV, 18 Mar 2019Argos has M5 8. There is no sim slot. Anybody know why? The... moreThere is a wifi only and cellular versions of this tablet.

• WOOF

Aaron, 07 Feb 2019No,it would not support M Pen.It actually supports the M Pen. Do your research.

• MONTY

AV, 18 Mar 2019Argos has M5 8. There is no sim slot. Anybody know why? The... moreThere is a slot for a memory card.

• ADMS

Anyone use 3rd party launcher? Does it automatically change back to EMUI like any other huawei smartphones? I need use different launcher... If yes wont buy it.

• AV

Argos has M5 8. There is no sim slot. Anybody know why? They carry a different version?

• Nick

Which is better huwaei media 5 8 or MI pad 4?. Confused which one to buy

Does it support two sim/or is it a dual sim phone?

• Aaron

Anonymous, 05 Feb 2019Does it support m penNo,it would not support M Pen.

Does it support m pen

• D3

hahahaha, 17 Jan 2019this tablet comes with no earpiece.. then can use only spea... moreYou can buy an adapter.