Huawei MediaPad M5 8

Huawei MediaPad M5 8

some of the downloaded apps cannot open for Huawei device

Vasra, 11 Mar 2018No 3.5mm jack on a media tablet?!?! Does Huawei think that... moreFully agree.

Can you make phone calls with mediapad m5?is actually an earpiece on the device or you have to use abluetooth speaker?

• Not again

I have huawei mediapad m3, and It doesn't receive any update in Iran. I will never buy any huawei devices anymore. shame on huawei with its weak support. (dislike)

This would have been my next purchase for a large tablet but NO headphone jack !! Forget it.

• Vasra

No 3.5mm jack on a media tablet?!?!
Does Huawei think that I will use their crummy $5USD buds to listen to movies?
My headphones cost twice more than the whole mediapad and it's 3.5mm exclusively.
Another brain-dead stupid decision by Huawei. The same reason I Skipped Mate 10 Pro - no 3.5mm jack (and no sdcard on that either).
Just stupid beyond belief, esp. when it is NOT a space-saving issue. There's plent of space on a tablet for even two 3.5mm jacks AND a USB-C.
What does Huawei think we should do on 12hour flights when we need to recharge AND listen at the same time?
Stupd, stupid, stupid.

I have 8.4 M3 and love it
But no 3.5mm jack on M5 ?????? and mate 10 pro wtf
I was really happy to se a nice 10" tablet but useless without 3.5mm
Huawai was my favorite "brand"
But now they are just a random china brand with no mini jack :(

You will loose some audio quality with usb-c adapter

So now the have the best useless products on the market, mate 10 pro, M5 8.4 M5 10
Wow

jt27, 05 Mar 2018Yes there is no 3.5mm headphone jack, but it does come with... morethere is no camera see video link of unboxing

Does this have NFC?

• jt27

Yes there is no 3.5mm headphone jack, but it does come with a small usb-C adapter to still use wired headphones. So not ideal but not the end of the world. But my person opinion is its 2018 and if you're not using a pair of wireless headphones yet then you're the one with the problems. Soon all devices will follow and you will fall behind.

Here it says the primary camera has a flash? If true, then that is a big bonus for someone like me who uses these small tablets as their everyday smartphone.

I have an M3 8.4 that I love. I use it a lot on planes and enjoy the comfort and choice of headphones that I can plug in. I will not buy an updated device that has no headphone jack as it is an essential on ultra long haul flights from Australia to anywhere. I simply do not understand the deletion of the headphone jack on tablets. Even where you have kids using these devices in the car you want them to plug in headphones - and you simply dont have bluetooth headphones lying around, charged and ready to go for this purpose.

• Vitech

It would be more meaningful if devices without a 3.5mm jack would come with some kind of wireless in ear headphones.

Why no headphone jack 3.5 mm ? Maybe there is a Jack in Huawei who hijack the headphone jack materials and sell them, leading to making no headphone jack MediaPad M5 8.

• s.p.