Lenovo Tab P11 Pro Gen 2 hands-on review
The Tab P11 Pro Gen 2 is the sequel to the 2020 flagship tablet from Lenovo. The Gen 2 is a bit of a mixed bag, as it upgrades a few features over the previous model but then also leaves several others on the chopping board.
For starters, the Gen 2 has a newer and faster MediaTek Kompanio 1300T chipset that replaces the previous Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G, a 120Hz display, and you can now configure the memory up to 8GB RAM and 256GB storage. On the other hand, the new model has plastic construction instead of aluminum, lacks the ultra-wide camera on the back and the fingerprint sensor, has a battery that's 400mAh smaller, and a display that's also a tiny bit smaller with a slightly lower resolution.
Lenovo Tab P11 Pro Gen 2 specs at a glance:
- Body: 263.7x166.7x6.8mm, 480g; Glass front, plastic back, plastic frame; Stylus support (magnetic).
- Display: 11.20" OLED, HDR10+, Dolby Vision, 120Hz, 420 nits (typ), 600 nits (peak), 1536x2560px resolution, 15:9 aspect ratio, 267ppi.
- Chipset: MediaTek Kompanio 1300T (6 nm): Octa-core (4x2.6 GHz Cortex-A78 & 4x2.0 GHz Cortex-A55); Mali-G77 MC9.
- Memory: 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM; UFS 3.1; microSDXC (dedicated slot).
- OS/Software: Android 12.
- Rear camera: 13 MP, f/2.4, (wide), AF.
- Front camera: 8 MP.
- Video capture: Rear camera: 1080p@30fps; Front camera: 1080p@30fps.
- Battery: 8200mAh; 20W wired, QC3.
- Misc: Accelerometer, gyro, proximity, compass; stereo speakers (4 speakers).
The model we have for review today is the top-of-the-line model with 8/256GB memory and comes with the 2-in-1 keyboard and Precision Pen 3 stylus in the box. This promises to turn the Lenovo Tab P11 Pro Gen 2 into a full-fledged work machine on the go.
Let's see how it performs.
- 29 Jan 2023
I don’t understand people liked you. It’s like you live in a country where Apple doesn’t exist. Like you live on N Korea or something? Everything Apple makes is better and actually works correctly. You buy an $800 Lenovo Tablet and the screen s...
- 29 Jan 2023
You buy Apple. Their stuff is just better built, designed, marketed, tested, etc. even the cheap garbage $300 iPad is still going to get more and better use than a $700 Samsung,chromebook or whatever.
- 28 Jan 2023
You even got confused by the brand itself in the first place.