LG G3

LG G3

A terrible phone; almost half of G3s died of the totally underpowered chipset causing overheating and fatal death of the motherboard. LG knew this but still released the G4 with almost the same issue !sadly a brand definitely to avoid ...no other option, too bad.

• Ron7x

I have replaced my dead motherboard(d855) to a new (d851, bluesky brand) and it works! It's just that i can't update the phone but I've got a network signal.

• Sane

Bought my G3 on May 2016 and this far its been a huge disappoinment. Its so slow, overheating and the 16gb internal space isnt enough for apps, although it depends what kind of user you are. In general, this phone has given me too much extra stress over the years and im giving it up soon. Never gonna buy q LG phone again.

Had the phone 2019 of January and so far have been enjoying it

Best phone ever. Beautiful pics. Crisp and clear screen. Techology ahead of the most mobiles...especially for when it just came out.
Removable memory sin card. You can add plenty of memory in additon to what it comes with.
Screen face is nice and big..comes all the way to all the edges. No front button. Well engineered.

LG - well done

• Ron7x

Anonymous, 04 Nov 2018I bought this phone in December 2015. It was working fine until ... moreJust bought a new motherboard online. Hope it'll work. I will use it as back up phone. Miss my G3. Goodluck to me!

Saeed, 06 Jan 2019it remains in a boot loop after a while unfortunately...to change the battery!:)

• Saeed

it remains in a boot loop after a while unfortunately...

• LJB

Panchoq2k, 20 Dec 2018im still using this LG G3 and it works well! i have being using ... moreReally? Amazon and Ebay both have dozens of listings for new LG g3 batteries...

• Bel

This is honestly the best phone I ever had and today, after 3 and a half years of faithful service, my poor G3 finally gave out. I'm so sad to say goodbye. :'(

I love this phone and used it heavily since I got it. The screen is just gorgeous, the back camera takes amazing photos (even panoramas!), the sound quality is great, it felt great to hold (all those curves made it super comfortable) and I know people complain about the battery life, but I always kept a power bank nearby so battery was never a problem for me.

I bought my G3 mid 2015 I visited 2 LG service centres during it's lifetime. One in March 2017, and they were SO HELPFUL I'M HONESTLY SO GRATEFUL TO THE LG TEAM THEY ORDERED A NEW MOTHERBOARD FOR ME ALL THE WAY FROM KOREA!!! my phone was good as new!

And a different service centre a few weeks ago but unfortunately they couldn't help me because LG has aleady stopped production of this model so it's not possible to get new parts anymore. I'm sad but it's understandable, this phone came out in 2014 and now we're on the verge of 2019. Most phones only have a life cycle of 2 years.

Anyway! I just want to say thank you to LG for an amazing phone and amazing customer service. I will definitely be looking up the G6 and G7 as candidates for my next phone. May you have plenty success with all your great prodcuts. :)

im still using this LG G3 and it works well! i have being using it since early 2015! but i have 1 problem which is battery. it is hard to find a new battery now days.

• Kiko_Tuga

HKNY, 13 Nov 2018My brother has been using this for more than 3 years. As I see, ... moreThe only problem i see with the screen is that it spends a lot of battery when using it, the brightness can be ajusted, if you turn the auto mode off, you can put it max brightness, but be ready for less usage time if you do

• Kiko_Tuga

jo, 17 Nov 2018fake phone.... bought it and lasted for only 8months and a blue ... morei have mine since 2015, broke 2 screens and replaced it myself, rooted it and put it back again with no root with factory reset, and neve had a bluescreen or any problems exept for the bad use of it and breaking it
maybe your problem is not the phone but the things you put on it and the way you treat it
maybe you need to learn how to use it without breaking it

• mo

Anonymous, 04 Nov 2018I bought this phone in December 2015. It was working fine until ... morehave on probleme that damage him and you will need a new motherbord after that it's the boot loop

• jo

fake phone.... bought it and lasted for only 8months and a blue screen appeared, was told to buy a new mother board or try heating it .....it just died more...smh....useless

My brother has been using this for more than 3 years. As I see, this phone is a long lasting device and it has a awesome camera. But when it comes to screen, it is not very good. It has a low max brightness with poor sunlight legitibility. The colors are a bit too dull compared to OLED screens. This phone has a very practical and nice design. It has a very good sound quality. (doesn't have stereo speakers, though) It supports QuickCharge 2.0 which makes the phone fully charge less than 2 hours. Fast charging support balances relatively poor battery life.

I bought this phone in December 2015. It was working fine until May 2017 when one day I was using WhatsApp and a blue screen appeared and it completely died. Did everything I could, but I was unsuccessful. It never turned on again. I had issues with the battery. Sometimes it would take forever to charge. There were heating issues as well. But the screen was impressive as hell. It was very clear, smooth and beautiful to look at. I sometimes miss this phone. The dead one is still with me hoping it would come back to life again!

• LG G3 user

I have been using this phone for about three years, and I have to say that the display is very crisp and it's one of the best out there. The only downsides are that the phone needs pretty frequent battery replacements if you are a heavy phone user. You'll need to replace the battery when it starts to turn off by itself. If multiple apps are used, the phone tends to overheat.

• AnonD-632062

A phone that was way ahead of it's times.

• papel

steph, 16 Sep 2018Has anyone experienced this phone glitching when phone screen is... moreI had the same problem, but luckly during the warranty period. They replaced the mainboard, and everithing still works fine.

another issue was the short daily battery life in 2015, but they fixed it after some months with updates. But after that, fast recharge with other smartphones' charger wasn't allowed anymore.

The screen is so fuckin crazy. I've smashed it in every possible condition, on stones, iron, wood, asphalt, but Gorilla Glass 3. is stronger. No scratches guys.