LG G5 SE

LG G5 SE

This is just my opinion using this phone for about a year. So far problems that I faced are screen burning and dropped battery performance.

The screen burning is very disturbing, it isn't really that bad, but it's noticeable. How to fix it? Simplest thing just install screen filter app such as Twilight, and set intensity to 5% and screen dim to 40% (Twilight settings not display phone settings). Of course this setting depends on how bad screen burning happening on you. More intensity takes your screen more red-ish, so just keep it under 15%. Just wait couple of minute, and then voila it solved the problem 99% seriously, screen burning will almost not noticeable. Another solution of course change the LCD screen but it's not worthed try the apps first.

And about the battery it seems common problem in G5 series, below 15% the battery drop significantly until it dies, just replace the battery it cheap though, and thanks to LG modular design.

Besides that everything run smoothly, LG home is laggy switch to Nova.

• marly

Buying this phone was the worst phone decision i did i my life...
I was so happy with my last LG phone and after4 years it was time for a new one, I chose this one and everything seemed great until the problems started. Now its getting close to a year and I will now go and get another phone. This phone is triggering me to the limit and I actually can't wait to leave this out of my life forever.
Apps are crashing alot, especially snapchat is a big problem and crashing at least two times every time om trying to send a picture.
Battery is also horrible and goes down real fast, but then charge fast, so must be something wrong...?
The camera sucks big-time and are also really slow..

Tried an full factory reset and still same problem.
A really bad phone experience honestly.

• Sam

Knightrider, 15 Mar 2018I have the same problem. Back camera useless. no focusEven i had the same problem, i got the camera changed by LG... now it performes well..

• Sam

• Knightrider

AnonD-87855, 23 Dec 2017Factory reset?I have the same problem. Back camera useless. no focus

enco, 21 Feb 2018Hi Guys. My contacts is very slow coming up. Takes about 2... moreReset cache generally
Or go to apps, contact, reset cache, do not reset data.
SE run 32bit to cover 3gb RAM, enginner try to make same experience as G5

• enco

Hi Guys.
My contacts is very slow coming up. Takes about 20 seconds. Any help i can get will be appreciated. Thank you

mohammad ershadi, 31 Jan 2018battey is disaster Yes i get barely 3 hours of sot wigh moderate use

• mohammad ershadi

battey is disaster

• ztrum11

I owned LG G5SE (H845) and after multiple times failed attempt to install Google camera I just found out that LG put this phone in 32-bit mode instead its full capability 64-bit, shame on you LG...

• Mzwandile

I had G5 SE. Its great phone until it was stolen. Loved the camera

• Ramesh

2 people using G5 SE version and none of them with the screen problem. That issue seems more common in the normal G5 with SD820. If any tell recover screen

• Ramesh

I using G5 SE version and none of them with the screen problem. That issue seems more common in the normal G5 with SD820.any one tell recover

AnonD-660240, 18 Jan 2018Good: good camera Good speaker Great performance,not lag... moreAnd The gps signal on nougat get lost easily
It's very suck when u travel a lot like me.

Good:
good camera
Good speaker
Great performance,not lag etc.

bad:
Weak battery
Screen easily get burn in
Cheap looks and cheap material case which easily get scratched even using case,mine got so many scratch easily and the backcase paint washed away

Both phones share the same camera module, there like 2 little differences: The lack of RAW format on the stock camera app on the SE, and the stock camera app launch tiny faster on the regular G5, but probably most people wouldn't notice that.

• Andi

Vonny, 10 Dec 2017I have been using the phone for a month and it runs well. I... moreSo far so good with my LG G5 se

• G5 vs G5se

Hello everyone
is there any difference between the both rear and selfie camera G5 and G5se
in specs 820 and 652 & 3gb
but is G5se really use the same G5 camera sensors??

in htc m8 and htc m8s the selfie camera were less field in few and worse
and they wrote same specs in both.

so only who tested G5 and G5se to answer me and thank you.

• Fredrik S

AnonD-563764, 15 Dec 2017Anyone got burn-in screen ?Well I've had my Lg g5 Se for 6 months now and i just handed it in for service cause of screen ghosting and battery life draining 50 % in 10 min with 4g. If you dont use 4g it's fine and the ghosting isn't that bad. Although as a gamer the constant ghosting of the chat is annoying. But if u dont play games it's good. But I would recommend the mi a1 or an honor phone.

AnonD-723846, 18 Dec 2017Has anyone experienced the main camera focus problem? It hi... moreFactory reset?