LG L90 D405

LG L90 D405

Punisher, 02 Apr 2015By the way in Es File Explorer you can choose which memory path ... moreSure, but it requires root access (I just moved the backup file to and fro PC and phone)

Punisher, 02 Apr 2015Aha ok. I understand. As for lollipop part i dont know how UI lo... moreActually, they have changed the way you connect in Lollipop. As far as I can remember, Kitkat used to present 4 options on plugging the USB.

Not the same anymore with Lollipop.

Though the MTP is intact, the other options have disappeared and collectively grouped into the Picture Transfer Protocol (PTP) mode.

That's all.

As for external SD card access, I guess, the app 'SD Fix' in playstore originally meant for Kitkat, surprisingly works for Lollipop too. So, good news for upgraded users.

Punisher, 31 Mar 2015Can you check if screen mirroring on chromecast works properlyI don't have any devices to cast to, except a Laptop, but on using the app 'Mobizen' via internet, on Windows 7, I was successfully able to mirror the phone.

Do note that it still doesn't work offline via local network. I think they are behind on this issue but you can also try the app 'Weline'.

I should add that I didn't try USB method as it is 99% guaranteed to work and I'm using Connectify on PC to host a network.

ES File Explorer is awesome because it asks for root permission and then easily accesses the external SD card.

• Punisher

Android27, 31 Mar 2015My BIGGEST gripes with the update being, 1. Apps take insane ... moreWhich version are you at. V20a or V20b because i saw v20b on lg open source???? :)

• Punisher

Punisher, 02 Apr 2015Aha ok. I understand. As for lollipop part i dont know how UI lo... moreBy the way in Es File Explorer you can choose which memory path is your root path for ftp :)

• Punisher

dinesh, 02 Apr 2015After lollipop upgrade : When i connect my phone to laptop throu... moreAha ok. I understand. As for lollipop part i dont know how UI looks like for connection mode. But it must be almost the same. As for not detecting on auto you must go there in settings and mark that option. For ftp part. You cant transfer from pc to phone if that is on SD card. It cant be done. But that is only for SD card. I know that in Kitkat there is some ways you can transfer if that something comes from same map as original app. Lets say es file to es file but it must be the same map. However that doesnt work with wireless ftp. Now you can check if that is resolved in lollipop. But you can always transfer to internal memory which is very stable. More then MTP

• dinesh

Punisher, 02 Apr 2015I don't really understand the question. What is blocked? After lollipop upgrade : When i connect my phone to laptop through USB cable, its not showing "pc connection" notification to select mtp mode or lg pc suite mode in mobile..
I asked for any other methods is there to transfer files between mobile and laptop.. someone suggested to use airdroid and es explore over wifi.. Using es explorer app i am able to copy files from phone to laptop. when i copy laptop files to phones its throwing error something like blocking.

• Punisher

Anonymous, 02 Apr 2015i'm using office laptop, there is blocker i cannot access throug... moreI don't really understand the question. What is blocked?

Punisher, 31 Mar 2015You can't. Mtp by wire is just unstable. Use ftp instead wirele... morei'm using office laptop, there is blocker i cannot access through phones data through WIFI..

• Punisher

Android27, 31 Mar 2015My BIGGEST gripes with the update being, 1. Apps take insane ... moreCan you check if screen mirroring on chromecast works properly

My BIGGEST gripes with the update being,

1. Apps take insane amount of space (system size grows with apps installed)

2. Memory management has gone bad (Dead Trigger 2 lagged like hell today)

3. Camera shutter sound is permanent (how lame can that be)

4. Sometimes, the lock screen misbehaves on MTP (repeatedly switches itself ON and OFF unless you unplug the USB)

5. Lock screen widgets removed (again, lame)

6. World clock home screen widget removed (another lame move)

7. Modified the APIs such that call recording has stopped working (though I somehow managed to get it working via unstable beta version of the app from skvalex)

But there are many improvements too, IMHO, that make them worthy of an upgrade. Most notably, there are under the hood enhancements that make the app faster to run, albeit a slow 'first time run'. Better notification system. There is much detail to glance in a single screen than what was possible before.

The rest can only be experienced on using it.

dinesh, 30 Mar 2015Iam also facing MTP mode problem.. how to solve this.. is there... moreI'm having no issues using third party apps but I do agree that MTP on wire isn't showing ALL files.

Very strange. Very.

• Punisher

dinesh, 30 Mar 2015Iam also facing MTP mode problem.. how to solve this.. is there... moreYou can't. Mtp by wire is just unstable.
Use ftp instead wireless. There are plenty of apps out there. Airdroid, wifi transfer etc. I use es file explorer but its more complicated.

• Maikel-Netherlands

Asus is my favo brand as well, it's time to check for a new phone in June-July.

No update yet, a KitKat4.4.4. for D405 wud be good enuf.

• dinesh

Punisher, 07 Aug 2014I have not. But i think it's your carrier. But even if so it doe... moreIam also facing MTP mode problem.. how to solve this..
is there any other to see phone data in system

• moto user

It is not necessary that after every update phone becomes buggy and leggy. moto g get 2 updates to KitKat and lollipop but works great.

How cool is that
Must say its first time so long on 100%

• Punisher

Android27, 27 Mar 2015True, I see what you mean. The FIRST OS is the best because, ... moreAt that time lg o2x was the best phone with nvidia in the game. Adreno was still weak. But as i said froyo was good on that phone jusy froyo.
For L90 i dont think thay Lg have a clue how L90 is good value for the money from that series and if they do they made a misstake because of upcoming lg budget phones. You dont see ir on sprint, magna etc. They offer less. I will soon buy an Zenfone 2 when its released because of what you get for that money. Its a risky move because of intel as soc but i will give it a try. The reason why i will buy Z2 is because its future proof.

Punisher, 27 Mar 2015I dont think phones that comes with latest OS out from the box a... moreTrue, I see what you mean.

The FIRST OS is the best because, the optimizations are specific ONLY to that particular device and furthermore, the exact model. So yes, it's true that the upgrade isn't THAT bug-free to begin with.

FYI, the Kitkat version was VERY similar to the G2, and thus the Lollipop version too, appears uncannily similar to the G3 interface. I think they just ported the ROM with a few customizations here and there. Maybe, to please old time users so that they would recommend new/potential users an LG offering (like the upcoming Magna, Spirit, Fino)

Still, because I'm staying in for the long haul, I'd prefer to stick to the latest update before finally considering a downgrade or a switch to CM12.

I find this Lollipop update a bit slow compared to the original Kitkat version. So if one is mulling over whether one should upgrade, then I suggest that one should not. Except for the cosmetics, there isn't any reason to upgrade.

Any other update related questions are welcomed.

I'm on 5.0.2
v20a-IND-XX.
Root.
Stock ROM.
Stock Recovery.

Oh, and BTW, I never knew you had the unfortunate opportunity to use the infamous Optimus 2X. Ah, I just can't push it out of my mind. That measly amount of RAM, Heating furnace like Nvidia chipset and last but not the least, horrible update cycle. I'm glad someone stole it. Frustration can only be transferred from one person to another.

• Punisher

Android27, 25 Mar 2015Hmmm...then you might not have had an update, yet. Why, what ... moreI dont think phones that comes with latest OS out from the box at launch are uograde to later OS as it would be phone with out of box OS. Its just a makeover or remake of upgradet OS. Its not optimized in same way as newest released phone with latest OS out of the box. If you know what i mean. I had one Lg before it was optimus 2x. Yes it had 2 OS upgrade but it was toxic every way with every update and upgrade. That phone would stay at froyo as it was made for froyo from the beginning. The reason im saying this is that if something doesnt work with l90 lollipop. There is no guarantee that they will maintain it. Now if you buy for ex lg flex 2 that phone is already made from lollipop and other phones etc. This is something ive noticed with phones that i never thought of before. They are made for first OS with all gimmicks, widgets etc and all works for that OS. Now ig they upgrade OS that stop to work at 80% of cases. Because its made as remake OS